The skating world has lost one of their biggest fans

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by stejoho40, Jan 10, 2013.

1. stejoho40

stejoho40 Active Member

Cynthia Wescott, from Simsbury passed away 2 days ago. Up until a few years ago she was at the rink in Simsbury almost daily. She loved everyone there, from the littlest tyke just learning to skate, to the World Champions, and everyone in between.

She also had a blog for a few years and many of you may have read it...the name escapes me now.

She is a wonderful woman, who touched the hearts of everyone she met. And she certainly developed my intersted (and now obsession) with figure skating.

There is a memorial page on facebook for anyone who wants to post a msg or photo. https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryOfCynthiaWescott

Funeral services will be at Carmon's in Granby on February 1st at 11am

2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

May she rest in peace.

3. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I think it's very sweet to see she spread her love of the sport to others online and at the rink. This sport endures as an art because of its longtime fans like this woman, so I'm appreciative of her even though I never read her blog.

4. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

That is so sad. I was not aware of her blog, either. May she rest in peace.

5. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I remember her from the Andrei Griazev forum back in the days. May she rest in peace.

6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

She was truly one of the most positive, loving people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and a great skating fan who supported all the skaters - with a special appreciation for her beloved pairs. Cynthia was a real gift to the sport and her many friends.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. lulu

lulu New Member

RIP Cynthia. My thoughts & prayers to her family, friends and all of the lives she touched.

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

ITA!
    Many thanks to her.
    RIP.