The Skating Podcast - Upcoming interview with Frank Carroll

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DBZ, Mar 31, 2013.

1. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Just saw this announcement on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSkatingLesson

2 hour interview, covering Michelle, Evan, Timothy, Linda, etc., etc.

I. Can't. Wait!

EDIT: Sorry, title should read The Skating LESSON Podcast. Can an admin add that to the title. Thanks!

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Interview with Frank! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

I'm so looking forward to this! :)

4. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Totally awesome, two hrs with Frank!

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to watch this interview!

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

In 2010 it was ridiculous how his defense of an absurd win by a quadless technical regresser evolved into attacking anyone who disagreed with it as seeking to abolish everything but jumps and have jumping contests with nothing else. I was disgraceful and the worst win ever and if rules hadn't been changed quads would likely have vanished as they were already! His extreme technical ultraconservatism nearly ruined the whole technical progress of men's jumping where his student stopped even attempting quads in international competition and broke at 3 the number of Olympics in a row where winners did quads! Disgraceful and outrageous 2010! His career nadir and the worst year for men's skating ever and anyone who disagreed with it wanted nothing else but abolition of spins steps music everything!

Lysacek tried a quad at nationals. After the Olympics said he was a totally complete skater without the quad and didn't say anything about being injured just being afraid but who cares because he was complete without one anyway!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  7. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Considering what Tim said about their parting in his chat - I cannot wait to hear from Frank :D

8. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2nWLz-AbE

9. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I hope Frank will be chatty and spills everything :)

They should try to find out Frank's Hollywood name.

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

From The Skating Lesson's Facebook page:

caseyedwards, you are beyond ridiculous.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  12. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

I agree. Sad that someone has that much pent up anger over the outcome of a sporting event.

13. caseyedwards

It surely was one of the most influential things in recent skating history what with the rule changes that came after and the 2013 worlds where you had more quads in both sp and lp than ever before! Very difficult to find quadlessness now and try to find anyone saying they are complete without quads! You can't! The issue of quads in men's skating has been moved to 3a style mandatory. 2010 Olympics men's winner was a horrible joke and just hard to find that anywhere even in Jrs. Jrs now are doing more difficult jumps to win jrgpf and jr worlds than what won the Olympics in 2010. You want to sever it from backlash over the ridiculous win in 2010 go ahead!

14. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Why do you keep dwelling on 2010? You can't undo the past. No matter how much you pout and whine about it, the results of the 2010 Olympics will not change.

You should be rejoicing about all the quads that are being attempted in competitions the last few years. Instead you keep spewing your venom all over cyberspace about Lysacek. What is next on your agenda, hand delivering threatening messages to Lysacek? ... Oh wait, you already tried that.

15. caseyedwards

Where are all these quads coming from? Lol the rule changes encouraged them. When did the rule changes happen? With all their comments about figure jumping and jumping contests no one can repeat how the 2010 men's win in singles happened! Their comments and philosophy to win in 2010 never should have happened.

16. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

Lysacek won based on the point system in place at the time. Sit back and enjoy all the quad 'attempts' during the 2013-14 season. Because, after the 2014 Olympics the ISU will reassess the point system, and the value of the quad will be adjusted again. (Just look at gymnastics, Team USA dominated vault by having the most gymnasts that could do an Amanar vault. After the Olympics, the value of the Amanar was decreased)

17. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Well, if the 2010 Olympics mens' result contributed to the rules that have encouraged this, shouldn't you be happy about it?

18. caseyedwards

And the system in place was so atrocious it needed to be changed because of takahashi and plushenko who fulfilled all he right standards lost. I doubt that quad points will be reduced because everyone knows than they won't be done if the reward is not there. you don't want another takahashi getting no points for his quad attempt!

No because the proper order was plushenko takahashi lambiel and the system robbed the right people of medals they deserved.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

20. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

We know how you feel, we know your opinion because you haven't stopped for 3 years.
    Please stop. There's got to be a time that you stop, and that time is now.

21. caseyedwards

Lol no. I will post on this topic whenever I please.

22. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to read this interview as well. You may like Frank Caroll as a person or not, but he is one of the most successfull coaches for single skaters and always seemed to know how to "play the game" in terms of politicks, etc. So I'm sure it will be interesting to read! :)

23. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

24. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Whoa ... by now I suppose you've turned into a quad, since quads quads and more quads and quad-mongering is all you seem to live for. Apparently, you've sold your soul to the quad and its feeding upon the empty shell that is one caseyedwards. :eek:

I don't think with Frank it has necessarily been all about "playing" the political game as much as it has been about passing down what he learned from Maribel Vinson Owen, as well as taking care of business in the best way he's known how. He's kinda cantankerous and sweet at the same time, but above all a gentle-spirited gentleman and no-nonsense taskmaster. When he says he believes in you, he does.

25. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Right standards? According to whom? You? I really don't think your opinion on the right standards amounts to more than a hill of beans.

Why don't you just admit you are still pissed of, three years later, that your precious Plushenko did not win the gold? Everything you have said since Vancouver shows that you believe the quad is king. Well guess what, by that token you should be arguing that Timothy Goebel should have won Salt Lake. Doesn't matter how lights out, Alexei Yagudin skated, but your arguments Goebel should have won because he did three quads.

BTW, if you're going to argue the most complete skater should have won Vancouver, there is no way that skater should be Plushenko. Takahashi was the most complete skater in Vancouver.

26. caseyedwards

The isu rule changes made the strategy impossible. So the rule changes were all coincidental? Not by my standards but the isu rule changes. That layout can no longer even really be attempted as a win because the point possibilities arent there anymore. Short programs now have more quads than the 2010 Olympic free program!! If takahashi landed his quad the yes he should have won and then plushenko still with silver. I do not ever say most quads win but a quad must at least be attempted for the program to be up to men's standard of what's possible. Not any quadless nonsense. That can barely win Jrs now.

27. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

And along that same line, why were you agreeing with Plushenko's statement about Chan winning Worlds this season? I mean, Patrick did have 2 quads in the FS. According to your line of reasoning (quads being worth way more), Patrick should've won this hands-down no matter what else he did in the program. ;) But yet, you were agreeing with Plushenko that Dennis Ten should've won. Just curious. :confused:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  28. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And, apparently, wherever.

But hey, if you want to spread your trollishness about Lysacek and quads in multiple places, and make yourself look even more foolish and obsessive by doing so, then knock yourself out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  29. caseyedwards

Carroll was the coach? He said the nonsense about "figure jumping." he tried to give Ten Lysaceks exact same technical layout but it became impossible to succeed with! Quads did not mean figure jumping but just being a part of the jumps like 3a needed to succeed.

30. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

You can still medal without the quad. If Ten had done another jump other than a quad in his fs at worlds, he still would have won the silver medal over Javier.