The Simpsons- figure skating moves on 9/25 episode

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by BmcC102, Sep 28, 2011.

1. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

Did anyone else notice the 3 loop and camel- (cannonball) sit spin combination that one of the "bad guys" did on The Simpsons, most recent new episode on 9/25?

I was impressed that the animators actually bothered to draw the jump with correct technique, as opposed to what we normally see. ;)

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

I remember an episode of America Dad where the skating moves were not only correct, but also correctly identified by the characters. so good to see! I'll look for the Simpsons episode (They had an old Simpsons episode with a Michelle Kwan character, and her jumps were definitely not real skating jumps :p )

3. Glide2

Glide2 Member

I thought it was great that they set part of the episode at a rink in the heretofore unseen "Little Ukraine" part of Springfield. Poor Homer under the ice with a straw! I did notice one of the costumed skaters stated that he had won a bronze in Nagano. Now who could that be? hmmmm.

4. satchelpooch318

satchelpooch318 New Member

I remember (a loooooooong time ago) one of the posters checking out the jump she did in this episode in slow-mo, and s/he thought it looked like a reverse *Quad* Lutz, and landed solidly on a back inside edge. Now I want to find a clip to confirm this!

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

6. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Can we get clips up in here? This is awesome! :lol:

I remember the "Ice Princess" episode of Sailor Moon...most particularly Sailor Jupiter's 2A with practically no training. :lol::lol::lol: Ah, cartoon figure skating!

7. sleepypanda

sleepypanda Member

Whoever was in the Grinch costume and got shot in the eye by the flamethrower said, "Ahh, I won a silver medal in Nagano. Owww, and now this!" :lol:

I have that Simpsons clip, but if I upload it to YouTube, it would probably get taken down before it even gets the chance to finish processing. If anyone's interested in it, send me a message. ;) But, the full episode will be on Fox.com on Monday.

Here's the Sailor Moon episode (in Japanese, English subtitles)! http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1539845yJ85bbG5 Man, oh, man, how nostalgic. Was that a quad axel at 18:46?! :rofl:

8. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I was surprised by that too. That episode was really funny as well.

9. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

There was like a 10 episode anime about a figure skater who was trying to go for the 2006 (I think?) Olympics.

10. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

OMG That was AWESOME! hahaha, triple axel kick? Sit spin kick? A shout-out to Witt and Midori? EPIC!