The Salahi's *will* be on Bravo Reality Show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/06/michaele_salahi_will_be_the_da.html

I'm not even curious, and I definitely won't watch the Balloon Boys of the East Coast. :scream:

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

People are too often rewarded for ridiculous and even illegal behavior. I will NOT be watching.

3. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

Nobody with an I.Q. over 40 would be watching anyway.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

The Washington Post will not quit yammering on and on about these people and their wretched show. The other day, the Style section had THREE articles about it. You'd think the ghost of Princess Di had arrived in town. :rolleyes:

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I hope you're right; these two are getting paid and Bravo's pushed the line too far on this one.

6. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I didn't think Bravo could find more pathetic famewhores than they're sporting in their other housewives show, but they actually managed it. Way to scrape whatever's below the bottom of the barrel, Bravo.

7. icedance21

icedance21 New Member

:watch:

8. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Geez... You know, Bravo used to show foreign films and performances from the Paris Opera. Now we're stuck with this dreck.

I hope that whatever the Salahis earned goes towards paying everyone they've stiffed.

9. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Ugh.

10. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Ain't America GRAND!!! :)

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

GROCER'S APOSTROPHE ALERT!

12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I haven't seen any of the real housewives shows, and I won't start now. It would be nice if the Salahis could pay some of their creditors with the money they will make, but I imagine they will find a way to avoid that too.

If this is supposed to be about DC hoi polloi, shouldn't it be cast with someone who actually gets invited to White House dinners? Maybe some of the other cast members do.

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

LOL. I didn't get this at first.....is this a takeoff on Salami??

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Ditto!
    These people should not appear on TV, unless it's before a judge.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Nope, what I mean is:

The plural to Salahi is Salahis.

Salahi's means something that belongs to a Salahi.

Salahis' means something that belongs to Salahis.

I guess "grocer's apostrophe" is a British term. It means incorrect use of apostrophe, because greengrocers pretty much always make those mistakes on the notices next to the fruit and veg they are selling. ;)

Veronika and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Civic

Civic New Member

The execs at Bravo should be ashamed of themselves. It's irresponsible of them to reward the Salahis for the stunt they pulled last November.

17. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I remember reading Bravo wanted the wives of Lobbyists and Movers and Shakers, but, not surprisingly, had a hard time getting any of them to agree. Those types are generally very discreet

18. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Oh.

:shuffle:

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't mean to be really mean, it's just a big pet peeve of my OCD self. :shuffle:

20. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I thought they could at least get Edwina Rogers, who was shown on TV wrapping presents in sheets of dollar bills which she would order uncut from the bureau of Engraving. Here is a clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXj-oQm-NbE

She and her high powered husband are lobbyists. She used to work for a client of mine so I got a Xmas card from her one year - it had multiple photos of her kids posed in many of the rooms in her very large house (which you can see in the clip). The furniture was featured more than the kids.

21. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Isn't it just that. Millions losing their jobs, homes, and lives to the current economic depression, and these dirt bags prosper, and there are people stupid enough to enable them by watching this crap.

Is there any room in Canada?

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Is Canada really so high cultured that there's no trash TV shows up there? No offense to any Canadians here, but I highly doubt that.

23. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Everything you see and probably some you don't.

Remember, we are the home of Trailer Park Boys. ;)

24. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Damn, rain on my parade. I thought Canada was this utopia of niceness and progressiveness.

25. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

On the Real Housewives show, one of the couples is bankrupt. His quote to People was along the lines of "if we didn't live in this mansion (that they obviously can't afford) we wouldn't have gotten the reality show". They get paid $3000 a month for being on the show. Hello? :duh: bankrupt to the tune of $11 million to make 3 grand? Wow, all you have to do is something stupid to get a show that stupid people watch. Guess I'll keep going to work.

26. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I'm a big 'Housewives' fan, but this was unwatchable (I screened it).

The Salahi woman is frighteningly thin (a storyline this season), sounds like a man, and is fake.

There's another woman from England whose accent I can barely understand, and I watch BBC regularly!

There's also underlying racial tensions in the show, something not found in the Atlanta show. It's really off-putting.

27. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta (seeing as how it's where I'm from), and aside from those bitches having nothing to do with upper Atlanta society, it was a trainwreck that my sister and I found to be :rofl: . What made it more interesting is that my sister was Sheree Whitfield's daughter's dance instructor a few years back.

She's met both Sheree and her Ex, Bob Whitfield (the former Falcon's football player), and while she said that Sheree was a tad out there, she was nowhere near as self-absorbed and obnoxious as the was on the show. She also said that Bob Whitfield was an incredibly normal guy who adored his daughter.

Because of that, I got sucked into one season of the Orange County Idiots, and watched the first two seasons of the NY Housewives - the first season of that trainwreck was bearable, but when Kelly Bensimone (or however you spell that loon's name) joined the cast for season two, she took batshit crazy to a whole new level. I didn't watch the third season as I was pretty much over the same, stupid formulaic "reality" of these women.

As for the Salahis, I absolutely refuse to watch those stupid famewhores/grifters and their desperate social-climbing. Was it ever determined that the Bravo camera crew was following the Salahis the night they crashed the White House dinner?

I remember when Bravo was an entertaining network that aired shows of relative substance. Now it seems to have devolved into crappy competitive reality shows (Top Chef excluded), re-runs of House and Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and movies that have been edited within an inch of their lives for questionable language like the word "ass" (yet they can air shows that have women using the word "blowjob."

Ummm...wtf?

28. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Bravo cameras are definitely with the Salahi's as the prepare for the White House dinner (they promo them getting ready for the event). They are not inside though, I believe.

29. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I think the Bravo cameras were not only at/in the vicinity of the initial White House state dinner which the Salahi's "attended", but also the more recent one (for the Mexican PM?), which the Salahi's did not try to get into, but instead were reported to have "only" driven by in their (rented) limo.

The issue for me is not so much that the Salahi's are complete trash; it's
    Bravo trying to profit from it through their advertisers and audience. I'm not playing along.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  30. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I'm out of patience with all these trashy reality shows that make pseudo-celebrities out of trailer trash people (the NJ housewives come to mind), but IMO the people who enable them by watching their shows are even worse. I hope no one watches the Salahi show.

skaternum and (deleted member) like this.