The Poptart Tragedy

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by iloveemoticons, Sep 24, 2012.

1. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Anyone else seen this on Facebook? Sad story...

The Poptart Tragedy animated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn1Q9fWahM
  2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Sorry but it looks very sad for the English language.
  3. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Holy crap is that awful, and not in the way I think you intended...

How would you even get a diamond ring inside a pop tart?

And also, low blood-sugar doesn't really work that way.
  4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:D

I get the joke!

It's one thing to abbreviate half the words you use online, but if you are a bad speller, it's even worse! :rofl: Love the youtube comments...the joke has gone over so many people's heads! :lol:
  5. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

petr i wona b ur husband
  6. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Imagine if FSU was done entirely in this style :p:D

michl kwn iz best fgr sk8r n da wrld
    she goez 2 da limpix n doz 7 tripulz
    michl saiz "omg mai dremz came tru, i getz da gold"
    lil 12 y/o gurl tara saiz "no michl i m cutr i dserv gold"
    den lil gurl doez liek 928,124,215,362,351 tripulz n judgz r liek "yay lil gurl u r cuter n u dsrv gold n ice crem"
    michl is hertbroken <//////3 n nvr sk8z agen

*.*.*.*LIK DIS IF U CRY EVERTIM*.*.*.*
    LynnW, CanuckSk8r, Daisy18 and 19 others like this.
  7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I don't get it, what is the joke? I mean, I found it funny because I am odd like that but I don't see any hidden joke in there other than the play on text speak and how children write these days and the overly dramatic story telling.
  8. Alixana

Alixana recovering Oly-holic

U meen hubsand rite? :lol:
  9. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

zomg mi bed i do dat evertim!!!!!

thx u alixana i luv u 5ever n dat is moar den 4ever xoxoxo
  10. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:slinkaway

:p

OMG - I need glasses after reading that!!! :eek: :lol:
  11. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. Could someone please explain?
  12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

huss band? :D

It's like a Saturday Night Live parody that makes fun of people who not only have no shame in being lazy and/or illiterate...but seemingly take pride in that as well. (Jokes are so much funnier when you have to examine and explain them...:lol: "Why would the chicken even be crossing a road? Wouldn't they be penned up in a cage? Why would you even care about the travel patterns of a chicken, anyway? And shouldn't we be more concerned about the safety of an animal near a roadway? How is this a source of humour when an animal could be killed by oncoming motorists?" :p)
    taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  14. Alixana

:rofl: :rofl: ur awsum
  15. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Oi.

I have a headache. And a stomachache. And a soulache.
  16. Alixana

And I've been using spell and grammar checks all day, just to be on the safe side. :lol:
  17. KatieC

KatieC On hold

My eyes just glaze over and I go on. I consider it a foreign language that's harder than Pig Latin.
  18. Norlite

Norlite New Member

:lol: I've never seen or heard this before but it is brilliant! I know what I shall now use to torture my daughter with at the end of our chats. :lol:

I can see the :rolleyes: from her already. ;)
  19. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Still don't find it to be funny.
  20. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:lol:

I had a friend who said that he didn't see what was funny about Lucille Ball. (Yes, I did check his pulse! :D)
  21. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Well, I don't think I've ever laughed at Lucille Ball. I did not find her brand of humor funny. The awful laughtrack ruined it for me, as it does for most 'plausibly live' shows. I was watching some Facts Of Life oldies and the laughtrack was so bothersome I just stopped watching. (One was a Geri Jewell episode, and the laughtrack just killed it, because she wasn't really funny though sometimes she made me smirk or chortle, but to hear an uproarious laugh at her iffy jokes was awful). Chelsea Lately did a TFOL reunion sketch which was hilarious. haha

And I also don't get the joke, still. Unless it's not a 'joke' but a commentary of how illiterate people are and that's supposed to be funny.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  22. iloveemoticons

Really?? Low blood sugar is dangerous!
  23. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Me either. And I still don't really get it... :slinkaway
  24. Alex Forrest

No one said low blood sugar isn't dangerous. But a person does not go from 'with it' to falling over within a few minutes because they didn't eat a Poptart. Well, maybe if they just bolused a crazy amount of insulin into their body.
  25. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Are we talking about a youtube cartoon, or did somebody link to a documentary about insulin that I missed?? :lol:
  26. michiruwater

I don't think it's funny either.
  27. Alex Forrest

What's so :lol: ? I guess I don't understand your humor... sigh. But that was obvious anyway since you find Lucille Ball funny and LOL worthy.

Who is talking about a 'youtube cartoon', or is that part of your :lol: and you find the thought of a yt cartoon or documentary about insulin hilarious? Strange. One of my parents has had insulin dependent diabetes for 60 years and I don't really find laughing about insulin/hypoglycemia appropriate having seen my parent on the floor or shocky from hypoglycemia. But different strokes, man. It's all good. Have a great one.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  28. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I found it stupid (or as my kids would type it stoopid) and not entertaining at all. However, I always found something that made me laugh when I watched I Love Lucy back in it's day. Now when I occassionally come across it, I still smile at the silly antics. My kids don't quite get it because it IS a different kind of comedy. Given what I've heard on the comedy channel at times -- well let's just say I don't find most of it funny at all including the use of crude language. I guess I prefer my comedy a bit kinder. Even today's "comedy" shows are a bit crass for me. Not all of them, nor all their episodes. Guess that's why I tend to prefer sports, drama & reality TV shows.
  29. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I found it humorous, not slap your knees tears rolling down your face funny, but still humorous. Mostly because I spend to much time trying to read some of my niece's and nephews (under 23) posts.

I realize that there are many phrases, pictures of my childhood (like the Holiday gas station rewards stamp books), that they are :confused: about that my generation finds funny.
  30. iloveemoticons

:rolleyes: Do you seriously think PeterG or anyone else here is "laughing about insulin/hypoglycemia"? You just said you watch Chelsea Lately, which, last time I checked, was full of borderline offensive jokes about little people, back people, etc. etc. etc. So maybe you should dismount from the I'm-too-intellectual-for-you equine species upon which you are perched and get an everloving grip.
  31. Gypsy

Gypsy Thunder & Lightning!!!

Actually, it can work that way, depending on how low it drops. (and how quickly)

My sister is diabetic and was at work when it hit her. She could tell she was falling but has no real memory of exactly what happened. Her co-worker found her on the floor. It took her a day to start feeling normal again.

I also had a brother who was diabetic. Once he blacked out behind the wheel of his car in rush hour traffic. Took out a concrete bus bench and hit the corner of a building. I also watched him have a seizure suddenly because of a drop in his blood sugar. It was terrifying to watch.

Ultimately it was a low blood sugar that took him from us. He was found on the floor in a coma and lasted 19 days in a vegetative state before we had to make the decision to remove all support. He passed away within 36 hours after that.

That being said, I did get the joke.
  32. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I didn't think the youtube video was funny because they were overdoing the joke, but the text itself is funny. Think of it as an overdramatic soap opera (in the style of Korean soaps) where outrageous emotional events force viewers to suspend their disbelief while using horrific slang popularized on the internet.

Actually, I think you can categorize this as satire, and we know how difficult satire can be for some people. I have a few people in my FB friends list who do in-fact type similarly to that or "share" overly dramatic stories thinking it's something truly deep or sad when it's really just ridiculous.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  33. michiruwater

I always can feel it when my bloogsugar begins to drop (when it hits around 70) and in my 14 years as a type-1 diabetic have never passed out. Sometimes I forget that other people don't have that same sensitivity and therefore it can be much more dangerous for them. Guess this is just a reminder that, when it comes to this disease, I do have that to be thankful for.
    Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  34. Alex Forrest

What's with the personal attack? In what way did you construe any statement of mine on this thread as being "I'm-too-intellectual"? I admitted to watching Chelsea, hardly an intellectual endeavor. No need to be rude, iloveemoticons. Keep it klassy.
  35. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

You are fun.
    skatemomaz, DaveRocks, Badams and 3 others like this.
  36. Alex Forrest

I am.
  37. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Or not.