The owl-cam: Something while waiting for ice remakes

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by barbk, Mar 24, 2010.

1. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I've been keeping a browser tab loaded with the feed from a camera inside an owl box in Southern California. A barn owl pair chose this box, and she laid a clutch of eggs which she has been brooding. One hatched two days ago, and another at 6 PDT tonight -- most cute. Dad shows up with gifts of mice, rabbit, and rat and a quickie a couple of times a night.

I wouldn't spend hours on it, but it certainly provides an interesting alternative during ice makes and other down time.

http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

My cat thanks you, and thinks this is the most amazing broadcast ever in the history of the Internet. Especially with the farm dog barking in the background :lol:

3. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

NBC had a story tonight about Molly and Magee who have another batch of babies ready to hatch. In fact, one has hatched and there are 3 more to go. They are very busy parents.

The Owl Box Pt. 2

4. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Awwww! :)

5. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I followed Molly & McGee through their first family, losing sleep several nights as I'm 3 hours earlier and waiting for night-time activities in California can be a challenge. The number of viewers of the Owl Box jumped almost instantly after tonight's story aired! Little Ashley, the owlet that hatched early this morning, is already growing and peeping lots.

Warning - watching can lead to addiction :)