The one other Discipline you would like to learn..Skater you'd learn it from.

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Jun 28, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok everyone!!! What I want to know today is...besides the Disciple of Skating that you do now...What other one Discipline would you really love to learn,and what Skater or Partnership from that Discipline would you love to have teach it to you? Please only name one. For example...besides Skating for fun...the one other Discipline I would really love to learn is Ice-Dance...and my one Ice-Dance Partnership I would ask to train me would be Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giuylietti-Schmitt...Ok everyone...your turn.

2. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Alright, since no one is replying to this thread, here is my reply.

Besides single skating, the other discipline I'd really love to learn is pair skating. The pair I would ask to train me is Volosozhar & Trankov, though I'll be fine without Tatiana.

3. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

I have tried the other disciplines, well except pairs for which I am too tall.

I will stick with dance and would love to skate a dance or two with Scott Moir. I think our styles would be compatible :)

4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Anybody else here besides me want to try Ice-Dancer

5. treesprite

treesprite Member

I'm not at all interested in ice dance, and I'd be afraid to do pairs. I'll stick with singles freestyle.

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I'm pretty bad with musical timing, so I'd rather stick to freestyle. Would love to do pairs, but there aren't that many adult male partners.

7. treesprite

treesprite Member

There are a lot of adult skaters around my area, but I've never seen them skating pairs. I wonder what the statistics are for people who didn't start skating until adulthood becoming pairs skaters with long-term skating partners.