The Official LADY GAGA Thread!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Spartacus, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

THE OFFICIAL LADY GAGA THREAD!

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American pop singer-songwriter.

Gaga came to prominence following the release of her debut studio album The Fame (2008), which was a critical and commercial success and achieved international popularity with the singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face".

Inspired by glam rock singers like David Bowie and Freddie Mercury, as well as dance-pop artists such as Madonna and Michael Jackson, Gaga is well-recognized for her outré and ever-changing sense of style in music, in fashion, in performance and in her music videos. Her contributions to the music industry have accrued her numerous achievements including five Grammy Awards, among twelve nominations; two Guinness World Records; and the estimated sale of 13 million albums and 51 million singles, making her one of the best-selling music artists worldwide.

Newest Video and Single
    'Yoü and I' Video ft a Half-Nude Taylor Kinney!:swoon:

Fan Forum:
    Join GGD!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Vote for Gaga's next single here!

3. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

You need an invitation code to register. I would vote for Heavy Metal Lover.

This song is an instant classic. I felt this way about "So Happy I could die " on Fame Monster.

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

My favorite song off the album has always been Bad Kids. It makes me absolutely happy. No one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it and no one ever wants it as a single. I don't think it is a very radio friendly song but it has one of the more radio friendly melodies and what on this album IS radio friendly that hasnt already been released?

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Is registration not open? :) If it is, please join if you'd like. It's the best place for Gaga exclusives, and we have a great time over there!:)
    I LOVE 'So Happy I could die'!:swoon:
    I think it's radio friendly... more so than 'Government Hooker' which seems to be a fan favorite.:confused:

6. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

^ I like 'Bloody Mary', 'Americano', and 'Black Jesus', especially 'Bloody Mary'.

'Government Hooker' has that really heavy beat that wakes you up!

I was a bit disappointed that 'Judas' didn't race up the charts more because that's a good stand-alone song. I was a little :confused: over all the pearl clutching when it was released as a single this past Spring. It seemed that you had 2 competing anti-Gaga camps overwhelmingly trashing it - one side: Madonna already mixed religious imagery and sex, so :blah: (like no one else can do it if it's been done once). The other side was like 'how dare she mix religion and sex!'

7. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

:rolleyes:Uhg...I know...I'm so tired of the Madonna stans! So pressed.:rofl:

If this poll is any indication, then 'Bloody Mary' will be a single! Perhaps the next single!
    http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/09/09/lady-gaga-bloody-mary-next-single-poll/
    Absolutely!:lol:

Here's the audio for 'Bloody Mary'. It's so funky and cool. I love it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwmKL5OL-Q

9. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

One question.

Why do we need an Official Lady Gaga thread on a figure skating board?

10. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

It's only natural after the Ice Dancer's costumes ;)

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

See there's a song that I hated at first, then grew to love, but I fear would be completely radio unfriendly. It's just too weird. :D I wanted to share this amazing youtube video in which some film students made their own music video for Bloody Mary. It blew my mind... looks like a real GaGa vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zSjR_nhNI&feature=player_embedded#!

I would go for "Americano" as a single.

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

You've been a member since 2001, so you can't be serious? Right? Cuz afaik, this subforum is for "Favorite Movies. Food. Love Life Woes. Random Randomness. Y'know, a place where you can Chat about anything and everything under the sun here." Does someone have a chair?:D
    Hmmm, really? See, I think 'Americano' is waaaay more radio-unfriendly than 'Bloody Mary'. BM's bridge alone is so catchy, and its weirdness will be part of its charm, while 'Americano' is so screechy and noisy...not unlike 'Government Hooker'...:cold:

Yeah, that video is really impressive! I like this one below too! :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5RORfkeok

13. olympic

http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_alert_madonna_doesnt_get_lady/262169

Ummm, someone has a reallllyyyy big Ego:

And you know, Madonna has NEVER done anything superficial.....or stupid...

ETA - Lady Gaga has legions of pretty devoted fans, so I wonder if she needs to be looking over her shoulder :lol:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  14. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Yes I have, even earlier then that, which is why I asked the question. Even skater fan threads get thrown in the trash can :p:D

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

This was proven false. Madonna never said that. Press always trying to start sh*t. :rolleyes:
    If they want to move it, then they can (needless to say).:)

16. olympic

Really? That's good to know. I want to imagine that M and LG get along :) Do you have a link refuting this?

17. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Well it was discussed at length over at GagaDaily.

The interview was done in French, so what Madonna said was taking out of context.

Here's what happened.

http://gagadailyboards.com/showthread.php?p=2864605#post2864605

18. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Lady Gaga Video: 'Alejandro'
    My favorite!

151,962,475 views.:hat1:

19. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I saw part of an interview that Jean Paul Gaulthier did with Gaga a few days ago. I'm not what you would call a fan, but watching the interview I was intrigued. I'd like to see it again if I can find it on the internet or if it re-airs.

I did learn that she named her fans "Little Monsters" and has a tattoo dedicated to you all. She's an interesting persona.

20. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

21. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Here's a tissue. :)

Did that do the trick?

23. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Gaga's album is at #17 this week on the BB200! Still in the top 20 after 16 weeks!

Can't believe Britney's dropped from #54 down to #73 this week though. So sad. :(

24. olympic

25. alchemy void

alchemy void Running away from POTO

What's the next single gonna be? I want Government Hooker! Although I feel like its one of those songs that will either bomb terribly or be a smash hit, there isn't really any middle ground.

Put your hands on me, John F. Kennedy...... wheeeeeee

26. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Looks like it's been decided for most of the world, but not yet the U.S. From wikipedia:

I have been wondering if any album in history has had four singles released in such a short period of time. Four singles in six months? Seems unheard of to me...unless some of those singles flopped and they rush-released a follow-up single. All four of Gaga's singles from the current album have hit the top 10.

27. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

I guess I'll own up(though embrassed) that I am looking forward to the Cher and Gaga duet that should be coming out any week now.. :shuffle:

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Tony Bennett has released a new video from his Duets 2 cd, this is his duet with Lady Gaga:

The Lady Is A Tramp

Three million views of this one video...in three days. Who knew Tony was still such a draw? ;)

:cheer2: :respec: :cheer: Can't wait!!!

29. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought the Harper's Bazaar with the GAGA on it. I did :)

30. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD.