The Nordics 2014 (Feb. 26 - Mar. 2)

Discussion in 'Kiss And Cry 2014-2015' started by Hanna, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Hanna

Hanna Politicking for more stationary lifts

2. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. There's over a week between the conclusion of the ladies event in Sochi and the start of the Nordics. Will be interesting to see if Gjersem and Helgeson do both Sochi and this.

3. servin

servin New Member

Viktoria Helgesson isn´t on the team to the Nordics. The Swedish team are:

Seniorer Herrar
    •Alexander Majorov, Luleå KK
    •Ondrej Spiegl, Eskilstuna IK
    •Marus Björk, Malmö KK

Seniorer Damer
    •Joshi Helgesson, Tibro KK
    •Isabelle Olsson, Mörrums KK
    •Rebecka Emanuelsson, Vallentuna KK
    •Linnea Mellgren, IFK Helsingborg KK

Svenska åkare uttagna till The Nordics (ungdomar och juniorer)

Juniorer Herrar
    •Illya Solomin, Solna Konståkning
    •Nicky Obreykov, Vallentuna KK
    •Trevor Bergqvist, Lerums KK
    •Anton Rönnfors, Mölndals KK
    •John Olof Hallman, Landvetter KK

Juniorer Damer
    •Matilda Algotsson, Solna Konståkning
    •Josefin Taljegård, Göteborgs KK
    •Louise Jensen, Tibro KK
    •Elin Hallberg, Uddevalla KF

Ungdomar Pojkar
    •Gabriel Folkesson, Malmö KK
    •Mikael Nordebäck, Stockholms KK
    •Nikolaj Majorov, Luleå KK
    •Natran Tzagai, Solna Konståkning

Ungdomar Flickor

•Anita Östlund, Landvetter KK

•Anastasia Schneider, Solna Konståkning

•Casandra Johansson, Mariestads KK

•Smilla Szalkai, Älta IF

According to Anne-Line Gjersem´s coach her participation is depending on if she advance to the freeskating at the Olympics. If not, she may go to the Nordics.

4. thorag

thorag Member

Danish team:

Senior men: Justus Stid and Kieran Azara
    Senior ladies: Anita Anderberg Madsen, Darja Dodteljenicova and Nana Isabella Svane

Junior Ladies: Pernille Sörensen, Kristina Vagtborg, Emme Louise Jensen and Linnea Trapp Matthiesen...reserve1: Emma Norby, Reserve2: Line Lagerborg Carlsen

Novice boys: Lucas Strzelec and Daniel Tsion

Novice girls: Cecilie Kongsbak Dreier, Leonora Colmor Jepsen, Caroline Oreskov and Vanessa Sevidova. Reserve1: Sarah Smidt Martinez Reserve2: Sofie Silke Viggers

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    MNC and (deleted member) like this.
  5. thorag

thorag Member

Danish team:

Senior men: Justus Stid and Kieran Azara
    Senior ladies: Anita Anderberg Madsen, Darja Dodteljenicova and Nana Isabella Svane

Junior Ladies: Pernille Sörensen, Kristina Vagtborg, Emme Louise Jensen and Linnea Trapp Matthiesen...reserve1: Emma Norby, Reserve2: Line Lagerborg Carlsen

Novice boys: Lucas Strzelec and Daniel Tsion

Novice girls: Cecilie Kongsbak Dreier, Leonora Colmor Jepsen, Caroline Oreskov and Vanessa Sevidova. Reserve1: Sarah Smidt Martinez Reserve2: Sofie Silke Viggers

6. MNC

MNC Bringer of Ice Cream

The Norwegian Team.

Senior Women: Anne Line Gjersem*, Camilla Gjersem, Anine Rabe

Senior Menn: Sondre Oddvoll Bøe

Junior Women: Thea Rabe, Jemima Rasmuss, Juni Marie Benjaminsen, Sine Leite
    Reserve: Karoline Rånes

Novice Women: Madeleine Lidholm Torgersen, Ellen Yu, Cindy Xia
    Reserve: Marianne Stålen

Novice Men: Liam Saunders Solbjerg SSK

Coaches:
    Berit Steigedal
    Ela Magnusson
    Marek Chrolenko

Team Leader: Mona Adolfsen

*=

7. thorag

thorag Member

8. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Rosaliina Kuparinen :cheer2:. So, so happy she seems to be recovered enough from her injury at Nationals to compete here. Glad Linnea Mellgren and Isabelle Olsson of Sweden are going, as well.

I didn't see anything specific on the website yet, but can we hope this will have a live stream like other Nordics had in the past?

9. thorag

thorag Member

Don´t know yet. Most likely. Will post a link if I find it.

10. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

11. turquoiseblue

turquoiseblue Active Member

I heard from the organiser that there will be live streaming and that they will start tomorrow afternoon. They say they are finalizing the URL and other details now.

12. Hanna

Really? :cheer: I just came to the thread to :wuzrobbed about the fact that it doesn't look like there's going to be streaming since nothing is announced on the website. But if that is not the case - wheeeeeeeee! :cheer2:

13. turquoiseblue

I got another email from them saying that the live stream shouldn't be geo-blocked.

They told me about the possibility to be able to download everything afterwards. They say it will be possible to buy each part of the event (SP, FS and so on) for 3 EUR each. It will be available for 30 days after Nordics and shall be possible to buy from all over the world.

Further information including a link to the live stream should be posted on the event website or Skate Sweden Facebook page soon:
    Event Website
    Skate Sweden FB

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  14. thorag

thorag Member

I have asked around in the arena today and noone seems to know too much about streaming but will try to find out tomorrow. they are set up with cameras though so it seems that there will be recordings. Will try to get back to you on that. Vicky Helgesson I heard is coming as well

15. thorag

thorag Member

16. thorag

thorag Member

17. turquoiseblue

18. Hanna

Thanks for the links. :)

So do you have to pay for the feed or non? I see no sign anywhere.

ETA: Now that I read your post more carefully, turquoiseblue, I understood that you were talking about downloading afterwards, not watching live.

19. turquoiseblue

I believe the live stream is free :)

20. turquoiseblue

21. turquoiseblue

22. Hanna

Ha, finally home! :cheer: I'm so starting a monologue here, the novice and junior events at Nordics are one of my big faves!

Especially looking forward to junior ladies as the Finnish team is (potentially) super strong this year. :cheer: The novices aren't nearly as good. It's funny how it seems to go in waves. 1999 is a crazily talented age class in Finland (just like 1988 was with both Kiira and Laura ;)). Will be interesting to see when the next one will be.

ETA: Can't believe I missed Schneider :fragile:, she was all kinds of fab last year!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  23. Hanna

Ugh, epic fail from Anni who was probably our best bet in the novice competition. A lovely split on the ice following her 3t splat. :p

But how beautiful is the team jacket in the K'n'C. :swoon: ;) :p

24. Hanna

Joanna, a really positive surprise! :kickass: She tends to be a bit of headcase but not today, good for her. Love the music of Merikanto. :swoon: Should be used a lot more.

Aww Smilla Szalkai of Sweden (such a voidy name, too :lol:). Brave attempts of 3lo and 2a. :)

Lilli, a good skate from another headcase of the worst kind. :cheer2: Lilli's been a favorite of mine since she was about 9 but unfortunately is not consistent at all with her triples. This was very good on her standards. :)

Very nice also from Leonora Jepsen Colmor of Denmark in her black bodysuit. :cheer:

Huuuge jumps from Anita Östlund, wow! I bet she can do a 3t-3t in practice. A fantastic performance! :)

Elisabet Ingibjörg SAEVARSDOTTIR (gawd the name :lol:) is coached by Ivana Reitmayerova's mum, interesting!

25. turquoiseblue

26. Hanna

Junior ladies now, wheeeeeeeeee

And Emmi and Jenni in the same group, oh dear! :cheer: I'm super thrilled! :cheer:

27. turquoiseblue

I'm rooting for Josefin :cheer2:

28. Hanna

Emmi, her first successful 3loop wheeeeeeee! :cheer: Wheeeee! And it was a beauty! Other than that loop, it was definitely a bit nervy compared to her usual standards... she didn't seem as relaxed as normally. BUT - I could gush endlessly about her potential. I without a doubt think she is the most talented skater Finland has had since Jenni Vähämaa. Her posture, the way she holds her head up, her speed... :swoon:

Matilda Algotsson from Sweden is very good! :) I don't remember her from before, has she just recently found triples?

Jenni :cheer2: Other than the step out from the second 3t, she looks ready to tackle Junior Worlds. :kickass: Her jumps are so gorgeous.

Sörensen too. :) I'm pretty sure the first group was the best we're gonna get overall.

29. Hanna

Viveca :fragile: She has been so amazingly consistent all throughout the season. I guess it had to happen some time. Her 3lz is probably her best jump and I don't think she has doubled it even once this season (before now).

Looks pissed in the K'n'C.

I predikt she's going to climb up in the FS.

ETA: Kristinna Vagtborg had a lovely 3t-2t and very airy 2a. :) Costume needs to go though.

ETA2: Really really enjoyed Agnes Dis BRYNJARSDOTTIR! :cheer: So fun to watch! Totally bringing the choreography and interpretation. :kickass:

30. Hanna

TR, CH and IN of Josefin Taljegård are still totally fab! :cheer2: The way she attacks is amazing.