The Next Food Network Star 2011

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Veronika, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Well, do you think that we should root for her?

3. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I'm not sure, let's see how she is on camera. I would say yes, because she's from Wisconsin ;) , but she was a bit of a snob too.

4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

When does the show start? This is the official thread, right? We do one every year....

I dislike prima donnas, snarkers, or backstabbers. Last season had all of them.

And while I was happy that Aarti won, I am not that impressed with her show. It's like she has Americanized Indian food.

5. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I think some of the blame must go to the producers; I think they want to mainstream her and make her more accessible, so this is the direction they are leading her in.

6. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

June 5th. :) I guess it's the official thread...go me?

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

And it's a shame - what I love about Indian cuisine is the fact that it is so different. I don't want it to be American. I mean, she made Indian Sloppy Joes - out of BEEF! :scream:

:cheer: Go YOU!!

8. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I agree it's a shame, but this is the network that thinks Semi-Ho is what we all want to watch. The corporate identity seems to be to appeal to the widest and lowest common denominator possible.

9. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I agree. Frankly, I'm beyond 99 things to do with chicken breast. I wish they would take advantage of audience segmentation and give us more adventurous stuff on the weekends. At least there's good stuff on PBS on Saturdays.

10. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Oh wow, I know one of the contestants too. Well, I know her in passing. That's the second reality tv person I've known in the last year.

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Tis sad but true. They have dumbed down considerably since their debut.

I also like The Cooking Channel. I like Chuck Hughes and Bitchin' Kitchen.