The Nationals Free Dance.....did anybody else catch this?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Jan 29, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok,I know that I was not gong crazy, as I had a friend with me watching as well. But during the Nationals Free-Dance (4-6 today Sat.) I not only got to see Lynn Kriergkrairut and Logan Giulitti- Schmitt skate for the first time on TV. But I noticed that unlike the other Dancers...NBC. completely jumped rigt over Lynn and Logan's scores in the Kiss and Cry. I wonder why? Did anyone else catch this?

BTW. I tried to get to their Website. But the page can't be found. Does anyone know the new URL? Also,I've been wondering if anyone know the correct pronounciation of Lynn's and Logan's last names when writen out the way they sound? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I noticed it too. Unless there is real info, I wouLd think it might be NBC making money w commercials?

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I don't know. If that were the case then ALL Skaters Kiss and Cry segments would be edited. Rather then just pull names outt of a hat.

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Hmm, did they do something weird in the K&C? Have a bad reaction to the scores? But I don't see why they would have had a bad reaction, since Hubbell and Donahue hadn't even skated yet, so Lynn and Logan would have gone into 2nd behind Davis and White..

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

To save time and/or get back on schedule, they will occasionally not show the skaters in Kiss and Cry and announce the score when they come back from commercials. Sometimes the judges take a little extra time for the marks, the technical panel has more reviews than expected, or the skaters use up more of their set-up minute than usual, and they have to make up some time.

6. reese

reese Well-Known Member

They were doing that pointless interview with Tanith. That's why the scores were missed.

7. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

What do you mean? They interviewed all the skaters. Even so...it doesn't look like it was worked in with the Networks. BTW. are the photos of Nationals (all Disciplines) up yet? Also does anyone have the link to the complete results?

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I think what reese meant was that the network decided to air an interview with Tanith Belbin instead of showing Kriengkrairut and Giulietti-Schmitt in the Kiss and Cry waiting for their scores. Networks make decisions like this all the time, and they may have felt that people would be interested in hearing from a former National Champion and Olympian or to break things up. Often people use the Kiss and Cry segment as a reason to raid the fridge or read their email.

9. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

what bugged me more was that they didn't even show the full scoring, only the tops 6, after the event. I had to go find Samulesen & Gilles score online.

10. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I'm glad they did the interview. But they still could have worked everything else in with the Networks to at least show complete scores. I sure hope they at least get the complete photo Gallery and results up on-line soon.