The Mirai Nagasu thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by usova94gold, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

I hope she comes in with her hat and scarf.

2. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Sending good thoughts to Mirai. :cheer2:

3. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

4. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  5. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. According to the article she did some more loops later in the practice since she singled it in the runthrough.

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

7. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

right :lol:

8. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

9. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

He did also tweet that both Mirai (and Gracie) looked strong OUTSIDE of runthroughs (although it is much better to be strong in both)...

10. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

hopefully she brings that into competition!

11. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

I rather not care for Mirai's practice. She's been known to be great during practice and not so good in real competition.
    :lol:

12. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Making a point that she looked good outside of the run through is good enough for me. :) She's in it until its over.

13. change of edge

change of edge New Member

Does anyone know the start order for the SP yet? Will Mirai still be skating abysmally early

14. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

15. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Next to last group, before the top seeds but after Courtney and Angela. Could be worse. Poor Ashley Cain. What did she do to deserve skating first?

16. RD

RD Well-Known Member

She's usually one of the first to skate, but she's middle of the pack here. Still, she skates before almost all the major contenders.

Remember, skating early did not hurt her in 2010...I don't think an early draw is nearly as much of a "bad thing" as it used to be under 6.0. Now, if you get stuck in an earlier warmup group for the freeskate because of a rough SP, then that's another story altogether...

17. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Since the top seeds are in the last group, the judges may hold down the ladies in Mirai's group, even if they all skate clean.

18. Karpenko

I think that since this is Olympic season and the US ladies are on the brink of podium finishes, we will see a lot of over-scoring for all of the skaters. I think the judges would love a reason to give any of the top skaters a 70+ SP and 130+ LP score if the performances come close to deserving them - Especially since Japanese and Russian ladies have named their Olympic teams with their own Nationals inflation. ;)

I'm feeling rather good about her draw, she'll be the one to throw the guantlet down for the other big guns and I think mentally that's a good place for her to be in the SP.

19. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

How the heck did Kira Baga get into the final group?

20. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

I think the short program is a random draw, unless they've changed the rules recently. No seeding for the short.

21. dorianhotel

dorianhotel Active Member

More like they will want to give Wagner and Gold over 70 points in the short program and make sure everyone else is 64 and lower. They will want it to be easy to protect their spots on the team in case one of them has a meltdown in the LP, and there is only so much you can do with elevated PCS and GOE. The only U.S long shots for the podium in Sochi are Wagner and Gold anyway. There is more chance of the Easter Bunny appearing at Sochi than Nagasu, Gao, Agnes, etc...winning a medal in Sochi.

22. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Sad, but I think Mirai has more of a chance to medal in Sochi than Wagner if they skate equally, although we know Wagner is more consistent these days.

23. Karpenko

Clean short from Mirai! :cheer: Can't wait to see it :)

24. bronwynsings

The crowd went CRAZY during that skate… I wish I could've actually watched it! Way to go Mirai!

25. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

So happpyyyyyyy

26. cbd1235

cbd1235 Well-Known Member

lol. Fan of Mirai (and Ashley), but lol still

27. bronwynsings

28. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Can't wait to see Mirai's skate, but I must eat my dinner first. I hope she skates a great LP. I am a bit worried about Ashley though because i really want these two on the team.

29. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Didn't hurt her AT ALL! She skated GREAT and was #1 for a very long time.

Mirai skated cleanly but was blank-faced as usual. She is 3rd after Gracie and Polina.
    Ashley is 4th but I am sure she will pull up in the FS.

30. change of edge

change of edge New Member

Mirai did really well! She made a lot of obvious changes to her program, adding an ina bauer and a split jump, among things. Her PCS seems low given how she performed it though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.