The Mirai Nagasu thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by usova94gold, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

That all sounds pretty good, but if Evidente is out, then who will accompany Mirai to US Nationals?

2. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

The article said Christa Fassi Would probably go with her.

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

In summation (if I'm reading this correctly), (1) Christa Fassi became Mirai's coach last summer; (2) She was still training to some extent w/ Amy Evidente (why else would Amy be w/ Mirai all the way thru Cup of Russia) (3) She went to Japan to train w/ Mura's coach between NHK and Cup of Russia, and she plans to be there for a few weeks before Nationals. What is this coach's name?

Will Christa Fassi or Mura's coach be her primary coach. Christa has more of a name than Amy Evidente but if she's been Mirai's coach since last summer, why wasn't she with her in the K & C.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Amy Evidente is listed as Nagasu's primary and only coach this season in both her Team USA and ISU bios. Christa Fassi likely has been a secondary coach - Fassi works at Toyota Center in El Segundo, CA, one of the rinks where Nagasu reportedly trains.

Takahito Mura is coached by his father, Takashi: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007258.htm
    AFAIK, there has not been any official confirmation of Nagasu's plans, only hearsay information so far.

5. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Mirai has until her next birthday to pick her citizenship right? :hat1:

6. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

Just for the information, IIRC Mirai has an aunt in Okayama. She must be helpful for Mirai.

7. olympic

Thanks, Sylvia.

You know, it occurred to me that Mirai might compete for Japan: Once Mao, Akiko, Miki and perhaps even Kanako have retired after this season, she'd have Japan all to herself and ironically, it would be easier for her to get to Worlds representing Japan than the U.S. That is the first time that was said in almost a decade.

8. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

She'd be out of international competition for several years if she competed for Japan. (Two?)

9. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Wait Amy and Mirai have since parted ways!?!? What!?!? Oh my, I wonder what they argued about. It seemed like Amy was kicking Mirai's butt into gear. I wonder if it's anything similar to the Charlene Wong saga.

10. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

So does Mirai not have a coach? Or is it someone in Japan now?

11. smarts1

It seems that Christa Fassi is acting as some sort of coach along with Takahiko Mura's dad I think.

12. mag

mag Well-Known Member

So clearly there was improvement in Mirai from her first to her second GP. Was it training in Japan, new coach, or was it once again because she was training with a high level man? Maybe that is the key with Mirai. She was at her best when training with Evan. Maybe training with Mura is giving her the same lift.

13. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

If the rumours are true then I hope this arrangement works out great for Mirai and she skates lights out at Nationals.

14. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Mirai do well at Nationals. In fact, I'd love to see a really well-skated competition across-the-board.

O-

15. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I can't even follow this. Sounds like a mess, though.

16. icellist

icellist Member

Has anybody found a british eurosport version of Mirai's LP from CoR?

17. smarts1

Nope. For some reason Frida didn't upload the ladies FS from COR.

18. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

That's a very astute observation. You may be right that training with Mura will help Mirai do well at the nationals (and the Olympics if she makes the team).

19. olympic

There is something else encouraging about all this: Mirai seems to be taking charge of her life and is acting like an adult

20. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

Very true ^ :) And owning it too, she's like "Oh yeah Ashley and Gracie? Here you can have California I'll take Japan." :drama:

I have a better feeling about her condition at these Nats than I did the past two. I also think she loves the Olympics maybe more than anyone out there as a competitor. :lol: I mean geez, talk about a total switch in meaning business.

21. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Would be great if Mirai skates lights out at Nationals, no regrets...but I still refuse to get my hopes up :drama:

22. change of edge

change of edge New Member

23. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

24. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Thanks! That's new - it seems most promos, photo shoots, etc. have featured Ashley, Gracie, and Agnes of late with no mention at all of Mirai so this is nice for a change.

25. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I think Agnes is really in the drivers seat right now. Two decent skates will put her on the team. I am afraid Mirai will have to skate lights out at the US nationals and hope for major mistakes from others to make the team. I am really rooting for Mirai but if someone else skates great and earns that 3rd spot, I am OK with it.

26. ManiDani

ManiDani New Member

I'm not getting my hopes up for Mirai to get the 3rd spot. I think Nationals will be a success for her if she makes it on the Four Continents team, especially since her season has ended at nationals the last two years.

27. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Agnes hasn't even shown she's capable of decent skates this season. If she bombs i want to see her not be held up. She hasn't done anything internationally since turning Senior and the judges aren't impressed with her so why are the US judges so crazy about her?

28. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I don't know why but they seem to like her. I don't want to see anybody held up, except may be Ashley, but she is the least likely to need being held up.

29. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

Do you think they hold her up bc of Tom? I just don't know why year in and out they always hold her up. She can jump, but she cannot skate a long program. Whoever that 3rd candidate is though will likely not face much pressure at the Olympics to medal so oftentimes that means the skater skates well. Nationals is more pressure than Olympics probably.

I wonder if they have Agnes in mind for the next Ashley, though I don't think they need her for the next quad. Polina and Gracie will probably be the stars for US in the next quad.

30. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

Is Cesario can stay healthy I'm looking for her to do well in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.