The Masters

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

2. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It was a great week of golf. I couldn't root against Phil, but I also liked the idea of Westwood or Choi getting their first major win. And my sentimental fave Freddy Couples was right in the thick of things. Tiger had some opportunities. And Anthony Kim is going to be there soon.

3. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

I just got finished reading that great column, Garden Kitty. It was some very exciting golf to watch. I ended up watching all four days. I am so happy for Phil, Amy, and their kids. Congratulations Phil!:cheer:

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I was hesitant to start a new thread because I thought you must have started one and I was just missing it. :lol:

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it very much (as always!).

I thought Phil's win was quite poetic, in so many ways.

6. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

It was definitely exciting. I'm actually not a Phil fan, but I was all choked up there at the end, with Amy there and everything. I'm glad they were able to experience the win as a family, given the year.

7. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Phil was awesome yesterday and on Sat - what a perfect ending. :)

8. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I agree -- and I think yesterday was the first time I actually needed Kleenex to watch the finish of a golf tournament. Guess I could blame my allergies for the teary eyes, but that would be a lie. :shuffle: Heck, even Phil's swing coach had to wipe away some tears. Lots of amazing golf was played this past week -- quite a memorable Masters tournament all around, although I don't think it quite topped 1986 for me.

9. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

The right guy won, for his play that weekend. And nice that Amy was there.

10. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it and was glad to see Phil win. I also was glad to see Tiger do well. The only thing that annoyed me about Phil's winning was some guy on ESPN saying it was a "victory for women" :rolleyes:, but I'm a big fan of his and the moment between him and his wife was beautiful.

11. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

It was a great tournament, and I'm glad Phil won. What always bothers me is the way CBS kisses the Masters rear-end all weekend. If I hear "a tradition like no other" one more time I'm going to hurl. Jim Nance's deference to these people is pathetic, and it just shows how much CBS is desperate to keep the broadcasting rights. Though i'd like NBC to show it because Johnny Miller won't kiss anyone's butt, Masters or no Masters.