The Kardashian family accumulated $65 million in 2010

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by deltask8er, Feb 20, 2011.

1. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

I decided to use 'accumulate' instead of 'earned' because...well, how useful are they to society? But obviously, someone is buying their...whatever they are offering :confused: .

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-kardashians-made-65-million-100349

:rofl:

Yeah, why does he put up with all of that? Maybe he wants to remain a father figure to any children there still under 18.

Interesting. If I ever read one of her Tweets, I'd probably reflexively buy a competitor :p .

Hmmmm....at this rate, why not go all the way in exploiting your family, girl?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

It kinda figures that a Kardashian gal would pay attention to the bottom line!

3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse? :scream:

4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

It's kind of amazing that most of the public claims to hate them and yet they're raking in all these money. Make one goes "Hmm."

El Rey and (deleted member) like this.
  5. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I once read an interview with him and he said in it that his wife put a picture of the daughter who's married with a child (can't remember her name) above their bed in their bedroom. A naked picture of her daughter. He said he's uncomfortable with it, but he seemed pretty resigned to whatever his wife said.

Seriously, putting a naked picture of your daughter in your bedroom? That's messed up.

Why? Are you unfamiliar with a train wreck attraction?

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

As far as I know no ones pay for the privilege to see a train wreck. The public is apparently paying the Kadashians to do something.

7. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

It's sad but true that while some of us are tired of and appalled by their continued popularity, apparently a large enough portion of the public is continuing to support the Kartrashians (especially it seems younger girls who think Kim and co. are cool and want to emulate them). A large portion of their fortune does seem to come from all the various product endorsements (as outlined in the article linked by deltask8er). On one message board a group of people were keeping a running tab on how many things they were putting their names on and at last count it was up to 117!

I don't even think Kim and sisters are all that familiar with some of the things they promote. Pimp Mama shows them the big check and they sign their names to it. I keep hoping their 15 minutes are almost up but supposedly E! keeps offering different members of the family spin off shows. Look at all the late night talks shows. Every other night it's Kardashian, Hilton (I really thought her 15 minutes ended years ago) and freak of nature Snooki. :blah:

Sign of the apocolypse indeed. :wuzrobbed:fragile:

8. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

If it's not it should be.

9. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

Is it a baby photo?

If so, I don't think it's that messed up... :shuffle:

10. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Popularity is not a prerequisite for wealth, although some of the public obviously like the Kardashians. . .just like they like Paris Hilton (who got paid an insane amount of money just to wave at a crowd of people at an airport.)

11. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I can't tolerate the Kardashians for the most part, though I have, against my wishes, kind of developed a bit of a fondness (or really, lack of complete disgust) with Khloe. Something about her is insanely less horrific than her family. Plus, I kind of love that she looks a bit like a drag queen.

I used to think that Kim was pretty, but now I can barely look at her with all the injections and whatnot she's had done. And the overexposure of course. I saw a thing, I think on TMZ, of her filming her show in NYC and they were doing multiple takes of her getting out of a car. GETTING OUT OF A FREAKING CAR! How difficult can it be? I mean, I do it every day.

12. equatorial

equatorial Well-Known Member

They promote interracial harmony and acceptance? :shuffle:

13. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Or...maybe he doesn't have any other way of earning a living, or having anyone else in his talentless family earning a living. I'm sure he's not the only ex-famous person who would let his home life be disrupted if it brought in $$$$.

Are you doing it in a mini-mini-skirt, ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and fake eyelashes that look like two bats landed on your face? (I hope not :) ) I can see why it takes a lot of practice for her. Plus which she's dumb as a rock.

14. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Auntie

Auntie New Member

If it's any consolation, Paris Hilton seems to have fallen out of favor. Is it because she choose to step out of the limelight or is it because everyone is sick of her?

The moral of the story is that the Kardashian train wreck will end and a new train wreck will start.

Who is the next no talent fame whore on the horizon?

16. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

True. On the other hand, that is probably easier to achieve when everyone involved is wealthy. Most of the boyfriends seem to be professional athletes. And I'm sure millions of people can identify with the struggle of a sibling romantically involved with a jerk (Scott...Disick? with Kourtney). Based on what I've seen, if I was Kourtney's sister, I would have even less tolerance for her boyfriend than Khloe understandably does. If that's the way she wants it, then "see you only at Christmas; send me photos of your child once in a while".

I also imagine he could get a sweet divorce settlement at this point, if he really wanted :bribe: .

Exhibit A for Jenner's attorneys? :yikes:

17. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

People are paying to see Spider-Man: The Musical. 'Nuff said.

18. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

19. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I just have a problem with anyone who spells Chloe and Courtney with a K.

20. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Sadly, IIRC she was wearing a longer skirt and like a fur coat or something.

And weirdly, Kim's current beau's name is Kris. He'd fit right in with the family.

21. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Someone must have an alliteration fetish, witness siblings Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kendall and Kylie! That's even worse than Johnny Carson's taste in choosing wives by their names!

22. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

People say the same thing about Paris Hilton and IMO these girls may act dumb, but the reality seems to be quite different. They appear to be astute businesswomen who know how to market themselves and sell their products(perfumes, shows, shoes, clothes etc ). At the very least, they are astute enough to surround themselves with smart business people who pull the strings and bring in the $$. You don't pull in $65 million in a year by being dumb. Playing dumb, yes. :p

23. overedge

Having your mom manage you is dumb (especially when her main qualification as manager seems to be having been married to two famous guys). Basing your earning power on endless reality shows and endorsements of the product of the week might not be dumb in the short term, but in the long term? I hope there's still Celebrity Boxing and Dr. Drew's Rehab in a couple of years.....

24. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I don't get the fascination with any of them, but I guess it is the Paris Hilton phenomenon. (And she seems to have dropped off the cover of the magazines at the check stand. Maybe there's some unwritten rule that there has to be some percentage of people "famous for being famous" on those covers. I don't know how else to explain it.) Whatever did happen to old Paris?

25. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

They aren't just endorsing products of the week however. These girls are launching viable clothing lines and products. They have 3 clothing stores open, one of which was open even before they launched their reality show. It's worked for Paris Hilton(perfumes, shoes, purses and a new reality show) and Nicole Richie(House of Harlow, clothes etc).

To a lesser extent look at Jessica Simpson(managed by dad). Yes, she launched her career as a singer/actress, but that fizzled. It was her reality show that launched her into stardom. What could have been a fleeting 15minutes of fame for playing a dumb blonde is now a $500million plus fashion empire. :eek:

These girls who are seemingly famous for no reason, had few career prospects or education and have managed to turn themselves into brands that sell. Who knows, maybe it is dumb luck? Either way, they are making it work for themselves, and that IMO is smart.

26. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

The Kardashian's have made $65million based on the know how of said mom of turning a sex tape into a family business. Enough said.

They aren't just endorsing products of the week however. These girls are launching viable clothing lines and products. They have 3 clothing stores open, one of which was open even before they launched their reality show. It's worked for Paris Hilton(perfumes, shoes, purses) and Nicole Richie(House of Harlow, clothes etc).

To a lesser extent look at Jessica Simpson(managed by dad). Yes, she launched her career as a singer/actress, but that fizzled. It was her reality show that launched her into stardom. What could have been a fleeting 15minutes of fame for playing a dumb blonde is now a $500million plus fashion empire. :eek:

These girls who are seemingly famous for no reason, had few career prospects or education and have managed to turn themselves into brands that sell. Who knows, maybe it is dumb luck? Either way, they are making it work for themselves, and that IMO is smart.

27. overedge

Viable products like that Kardashian Mastercard?

And if these girls have all these products, I must say they're pretty lowkey about promoting them. I see pictures in the tabloids of Nicole Richie in House of Harlow outfits at events; I can't say that I ever remember seeing a Kardashian in any of their products, except for that ShoeDazzle thing that one of them does.

28. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Wow. There is a lot of hate here. Other than the Kim video, most everything else that the girls have done is respectable especially in terms of what other celebs offer us. And while I think that Kris is a little crazy, the entire family works hard for what they have, and they stay out of the tabloids in terms of drugs, alcohol (yes, I know about the DUI), and unmentionables. I watch their show--- and I think that they are infinitely more interesting than anything named Snookie.

29. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

They also have a clothing line with QVC and another to be launched with Sears this summer, fragrances, a workout video, as well as a wrist watch and jewelry collection. Not bad.

30. overedge

Not bad in terms of releasing products, or having their name slapped on products. In terms of how many of those products have any lasting success.....we'll see.