The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by misskarne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

If Jason and Josh could get spots at the SOI tour stop in Chicago (where I have tickets), I would be ecstatic. :D

2. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Hoping Jason makes a return visit to Detroit for SOI :)

3. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Oooh, maybe I'll have to shell out money for SOI if Jason does the Chicago stop. That would be kewl.

I was watching some of Jason's old programs today and thinking about what sort of program he might do next year...with the exception of Riverdance, all of his recent LP's have been very slow-to-building orchestrations (Nutcracker, Avatar, Liebstraumcantspell). He did a Latin-style SP in 2011, I think? I would LOVE to see him do it as an LP next year. It would also give him another reason to keep the pony at least one more season (since it would go with the Latin image and costume very well!).

Anyway, I thought Jason was getting his own thread? :D

4. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

2010-2011 SP was to Baliwood by San Francisco-based band King City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTW6dT3Yjc
    2011-2012 SP was to Grand Guignol by Argentinian-based electrotango band Bajofondo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAG9G_m_IM <--- I'm guessing this is the on you're thinking. It's also my favorite SP of his (though I do like the revamped Question of U program for this year).

I love how he's skated to some really obscure music...I never heard of either of these groups until Jason skated to their music. Bajofondo played at SXSW this year so Jason skated to them before even the hipsters in Austin caught on! ;)

A Latin FS would be awesome, but part of me would love if they did something completely different. What that looks like I have no idea! :lol:

We still got a few posts left with this thread... :) The two titles for Jason's solo thread that seem to have traction were "Riverdance your heart out" and "Some Day is Today." So I guess we can decide one one or the other.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. Spareoom

The first one that you posted was the one I was thinking about; got my dates mixed up but yeah. I would love to see him expand on that style next year; I think he would be good at it. "Something completely different"; I have no idea what that would be since Jason seems to already do a ton of different things, lol. I mean, Prince and Riverdance in one season ain't nothing to sneeze at. He's done movie scores and ballets and all sorts of things. I have no idea what else he could do to be insanely different but I'm sure it would be great.

As far as thread titles go, I have to vote for Some Day is Today because it was mine but I defer to the general public's opinion. ;)

6. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

And the Riverdance one is mine.... ;) But yes, I'm fine with whatever title people like better.

Honestly, he probably could skate to elevator music and make it work somehow! So year, probably whatever he skates to will be awesome. I guess when I mean "Something completely different" i mean something that nobody would have thought of.

7. Spareoom

Then I guess it wouldn't be any good to try and speculate if we never would have thought of it. ;) JK!

One thing I do have to applaud Jason, Kori and Rohene for is their music choices for him. I'm one of those semi-cultured people who really appreciates good music and interpretation BUT, I don't care how famous or beautiful a piece of music is; if you can't make me care, I will not and do not care. But Jason has skated to some REALLY good pieces, especially his LP's. I mean, "Flow Like Water" is one of my most favorite soundtrack bits EVER and he skated to that, so yeah, pretty good taste going on over there. Plus, I mean, Riverdance...who doesn't love Riverdance?!

And howabout we compromise on the title: "Today is the Day to Riverdance"? ;)

8. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Jason Brown NEEDS to do a FS to this music next season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeHLV2WidE

Panpipes of the Andes (Sikuriadas and Cacharpaya). The program would be LEGENDARY, he would take it to new heights.

9. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

Well, my husband. ;) But he was totally sold on Jason's program when we saw it in Boston, so I guess it's all good. :)

I do appreciate that they are looking unconventional places for program music, hence my excitement at the prospect that Team Brown will expose me to some new band I've never heard of.

That thread title sounds fantastic to me. :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I actually despise Riverdance. Like usually cover my ears when the music is played. Jason's program is the only time I've ever been able to enjoy the music, so that says a lot for his entertainment skills! :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I detest Riverdance as well. Like Jason's program of course but the music is grating on my nerves. :eek:
    Therefore, I would vote for Someday is today, even though I find the titles of threads relatively unimportant, to be honest. ;)

12. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

And we're over 1,000! What a run for this thread, spanning nearly two seasons.

At the beginning of it Jason didn't quite have his 3A and now he's going to the Olympics!
    And Josh has evolved quite nicely as well -- hope he kicks butt at 4CC!

So I guess time to start the new threads?

13. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I guess it is time. It's been a wonderful journey through this thread, watching two spindly boys grow into such fine young men and top-level skaters, ready to take on the world's best. I can't wait to hang out in the two new threads and enjoy the journey through the next phase of their careers.

14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member