The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by misskarne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. misskarne

misskarne #408

Oh, thankyou Sylvia! (Always can rely on you for articles!)

Love the quip about his glasses. I wonder how bad his eyesight really is. It must be fairly ordinary. I know I would be too terrified to even skate a lap without mine on, let alone even attempt a waltz jump, and here he is reeling off triples like they're nothing. Placement of elements must be super important.

2. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

Can't really add much to this thread other than to say how much I love Jason. He's just so wonderful. And honestly, I feel he's second to none in his attention to detail, the complexity of his movement, and his musical interpretation. It was so interesting to see Jason and Patrick in the same competition for the first time. Although Patrick has stronger edges and greater speed, I couldn't help but notice that Jason has more refined details in his program and what looks like harder choreography (to me, anyhow). The difficulty of the transitional twizzles, steps, spirals, and leaps Jason does just astounds me. And he does it all with such ease!

3. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Well, it just proves that the fanfare for Brown at Skate America was not entirely due to home advantage (where at least half of the audience was Japanese). :)

4. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Jason Brown for winning his first senior grand prix medal! :D

5. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I am so, so happy for Jason and slightly gleeful about all his naysayers who said that he would stagnate. The guy gets 158+ with one triple axel in his first GP season. Just wait till he has 2 3A and maybe a quad. Somehow I think it is coming.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will; as he gains even more experience and the confidence that comes with that.
    I'm delighted for Jason.

7. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Congrats to Jason. His joy on the medal stand was wonderful to see.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

9. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

GO JASON GO!!! MAKE THEM SEND YOU THE OLYMPICS!! :-D

10. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I am so incredibly proud of Jason! If he can get a quad, he is going to become a monster!!

11. misskarne

misskarne #408

*dead*

JASON! :cheer:

Got the biggest cheer at the medal ceremony, too. Whatever his jump status, people love him. He's just so earnest and gleeful.

12. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Call me a Jason uber now, he is awesome.

13. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

That is not IF he gets a quad, but WHEN. And just like his 3A, it will be when he's ready! He's doing what he can do, and doing it the very best... that's exactly what he should be aiming for. Too many try to throw in the quad before its ready, as it's MOAR POINTZ! and end up either injured, or so thrown off the other parts of their program that it just starts going downhill.

14. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I stand corrected--I must have misheard my friend re: Jason playing a musical instrument. Cool!

And I agree, he'll get a quad when he gets a quad. Clearly he's done fine taking his time getting the 3a right and is still working on its consistency in competition. I'd hate to see him rush the quad and have that throw him off or lead to injury. If I remember correctly (and now I totally don't trust my memory) I think he has done some work on it but it's not front and center in his training, obviously.

15. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Jason's programs were the highlight of TEB for me. So nice to see someone go out and SKATE to the music not just go from element to element. I wish more men would follow Jason's gameplan which seems to be do what you can do perfectly instead of going for the quad attempt and blowing it.

16. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

Kori Ade has said that he's been practicing the quad quite often, but it's not landed/done consistently enough where they feel comfortable putting it in competition.

I think (being optimistic, I suppose) that he won't take as long with a quad toe as he did with the 3A. His seems to be good at the toe pick jumps.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Josh Farris article ahead of his second Grand Prix in Moscow next week: http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-with-joshua-farris-expectations-on-the-rise
    Excerpt:

18. misskarne

misskarne #408

I LOVED this article, thanks, Sylvia!

I am sad that Josh won't get the opportunity to actually skate against Plushy. It must be really weird, to think that Josh was a little five year old watching Plushy...god, must have been a World Championships or something when Plushy wasn't much younger than Josh is now. Freaky!

I love reading/listening to Josh talk about skating. He really, really loves it. He has not forgotten.

19. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Wow- that must be really nerve wracking for Josh.

20. misskarne

misskarne #408

At least they caught it before he competed. Imagine not realising til after.

Still, he's not alone. I seem to recall a three-time National Champion having to be told by a FAN at Nationals that he was doing an illegal spin in his short program.

21. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Maybe in Sochi then :p

22. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

23. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

24. misskarne

misskarne #408

25. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

@creamy_icicle (Japanese skating fan) tweeted this earlier today - :cool: manga:
    In contrast ;) Farris' training mate, Angela Wang, tweeted this 2 days ago:

26. misskarne

misskarne #408

Oh, Josh has made it now! Immortalised in Japanese fanart! And even greater! Immortalised in Angela Wang fanart! ;)

(Actually I'm surprised the Japanese fanartists haven't got hold of Jason yet. But I'm sure that will happen.)

27. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

28. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Oh, man. So Speedy and Didier Gailhaguet gave out medals. Can you IMAGINE getting a medal from either one? I'd have to seriously resist the urge to say something really awful. . .

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

Clearly never trust my good feelings :(

Josh has withdrawn from CoR. :wuzrobbed

EDIT:

:(

I hope it's not serious.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  30. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

This is so unfortunate, and given the prior history of injury, I am not surprised and am kind of relieved he decided not to skate while injured.