The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by misskarne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. misskarne

misskarne #408

Saturday is not so long to wait to find out, I guess...and at least we know there'll be results/videos/reports pretty quickly.

Oh wow, that's freaky! :lol: I didn't pick up on the Jason/Liza thing until I was looking up Liza's birthday for somewhere else...then I thought "hang on, that sounds familiar..." Yup!

I picked that Evans was quite a bit older - he had that "adult" look about him that Josh and Jason have this year - but wow at Yostanto, I thought he was way older too! He was the same height as Jason when Jason was on the higher podium step :lol:

You can totally tell that Josh and Jason are the babies of the group. The insane giggles are a dead giveaway :p The really cute bit is Josh trying to juggle all his prizes!

Jason needs Twitter. Or something. It's driving me up the wall not knowing! :p

EDIT:

No Broadmoor for Josh. :( From the club thread:

Maybe Glacier Falls?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Something I just thought of wrt Jason and the 3A. In addition to the comments already made, I have heard Kori Ade say she is VERY careful with her students in preventing injuries, especially overuse injuries. So Jason & Kori may be limiting his attempts each day to ensure he stays healthy--which would result in his acquisition of the jump being "slow" in our perception.

BTW, I know I've said this in other threads before, but the first time I saw Jason skate it was in person at the 2009 Dupage Open. Was there with a fellow Jeremy fan to cheer on Jeremy at his first comp post-Tom Z. Just happened to catch Jason's FS in the Jr men's comp. The kid DEFINITELY has IT.

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Hmm I wonder if he's injured or something or just choosing not to compete until later? He was supposed to be skating at Skate for Hope this year but then didn't end up doing the show, now he's not doing Broadmoor Open. Hopefully, he's not injured and just busy training the quad or something. Or maybe his new SP isn't completely finished yet.

Is the competition Jason competed at really sekret :sekret: or something? It's weird to know absolutely nothing...not even like placements or who else competed. When is he competing next? Glacier Falls? I don't think he usually does Liberty or Skate Detroit...

Also, Yostanto yes is young and has a killer 3a! He's still JGP eligible this season and could be a spoiler to make the JGPF if he can up the consistency on his other jumps - seems like the 3a was actually the MOST consistent jump for him last season!

4. pinky166

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94pHGvq3Fs Jason's FS from 2011 Nationals. Great skate, but if you watch around 5:23, he does a totally Lysacek-eque spin, I think that along with an interview I read where Jason was idolizing Evan made me make the initial comparison. I must say though his Evan spin is very impressive, he might even do it better than Evan himself :p :)!

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Just as a point of reference, Jason Brown's first club competition last summer, Skate Milwaukee, didn't publish official results online until weeks after the competition had ended (IIRC) and I never heard or found out any jump details about his SP or FS.

Cross-posting from the US Club Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry...

I don't know if/when official results from last weekend's Southport Summer Classic will be published online, but we finally got some news today, as ‏@SarahandDrew tweeted:
    I also heard Brown's FS was well-received by the judges & that he also went for 3A in the SP (stood up but possibly >?). Glad to hear he's going for the 3A in both programs!

6. misskarne

misskarne #408

:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Day is officially totally made!

Now...videos? :p

EDIT:

Well, now we know why Josh isn't competing at Broadmoor.

https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/status/215625108428042240

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Good for Jason!
    Glad to hear that Liebestraum was "well-received by the judges".
    I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

8. misskarne

misskarne #408

I'm a bit miffed that the judges are still upright :lol:. But then again they stayed upright during Josh's Clair de Lune at JW so I guess they're extra-good at that.

I think a 144 on the first outing of the program, three days after it was put together and undoubtedly still in a slightly unfinished state, is an incredible score. Can't wait to see the sorts of numbers he can put up later.

So excited and can't wait to see it.

Josh seems to be multi-talented...

https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/status/216664026762063874

Mentioned in another thread but thought I'd mention it again here.

Kori and Rohene are taking their group of skaters (Jason included) to Colorado Springs for the month of July.

Has anyone warned Colorado Springs that Jason and Josh are going to be in the same city? Can the city handle this much gorgeous and awesome at the same time?! :lol:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  9. pinky166

Don't forget that Dolensky is also there (I don't know for how much longer though). I find him a bit :grope: if I'm being honest.

But yes, it will be interesting.

I hope Josh is competing in Glacier Falls...all this not competing in summer competitions thing has me a little worried. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? :lol: Probably overreacting, I just hope something isn't wrong.

Dying to see Jason's new programs!

10. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Fantastic! I can't wait, just knowing that me makes me grin from ear to ear. Videos cannot come too soon. Thank you, Sylvia!

11. misskarne

misskarne #408

It's a Junior Worlds reunion! :lol:

Maybe Josh can convince Jason to get Twitter while he's there :p

I'm hanging out for Glacier Falls too, I really hope Josh will be there, I'm dying to see his new SP :) Maybe he's hiding his quad? :p

Glacier Falls will be worth me getting up at stupid o'clock for with both Jason and Josh if that's the case. ;)

12. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

13. pinky166

Kiri Baga agrees :) https://twitter.com/#!/KiriBaga ...also, steamed soymilk? Really Jason? Guess it's good to know he's healthy. I wonder if he's a vegan?

And I seriously hope Josh is hiding the quad, that would be AWESOME, and if he is, I totally think he can win silver at Nationals this season...

14. misskarne

misskarne #408

My immediate concern when I saw the tweet about steamed soymilk was "oh my, I hope he's not excessively worried about his weight..." I think Jason has a pretty sensible head on his shoulders, but it's a little unnerving.

However, agreed with Kiri, Jason needs Twitter, bug him Kiri :p

Silver? :p I'm going the whole hog. What's the record for the youngest US men's champion? ;)

This is me in off-season mode: wildly optimistic. :lol:

15. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Abbott and Farris are my dream Worlds team for the USA this season. :swoon:

16. pinky166

That would be lovely :swoon: and if Johnny weren't coming back, I'd actually say there's a decent chance of that happening. My dream team for the 2014 Olympics is Jeremy, Josh, and Ricky and then for 2018 Jason, Josh, and Nathan!

17. misskarne

misskarne #408

Joshua and Jeremy for Worlds

Jason and Johnny for 4CCs

It's a J-fest! :lol:

I would seriously enjoy seeing both Joshua and Jason beat Johnny at Nats. Especially after the little remark about the US Men's field being weak from Johnny. That had me steamed. :mad:

Not bad dream teams! My only problem with having four men to support is that there aren't enough Olympic titles to go around! :shuffle:

18. pinky166

Well, if Jason gets his 3a consistent and Ricky continues to kind of implode in competition (well, even if he doesn't if Jason gets his 3a consistent), I would ideally put Jason on both the 2014 and 2018 Olympic teams :D :swoon:. Then he and Josh could be on two Olympic teams together...just like two other guys we know ;) :p.

As for the soymilk...Jason sort of seems like a crunchy, hippy type of kid to me so I wouldn't be surprised if he was all into organic and natural foods, like soymilk. I'd be surprised if it was a diet type of thing, I mean, I don't think most figure skaters, yes even the male ones, eat a lot of fast food or dig into huge meaty meals all the time, but I mean, if he's really 130 pounds then he realistically probably wants to gain, as opposed to lose, weight. At least I hope so.

19. misskarne

misskarne #408

:lol: That would be fabulous if they both made it to 2014. But such a dilemma! They only give out three medals at the Olympics! :p

Jason is already putting up impressive numbers with no 3A or fallen 3A, so I can only imagine that once he starts landing it his numbers will skyrocket. And all of his toe jumps are just lovely (although he comes dangerously close to flutzing at times), so I don't think a quad will be too difficult for him.

I can't wait to see Josh's quad. Hint hint, nudge nudge Josh! :lol:

Jason is crunchy? :lol: How would you know, have you taken a nibble? :p lol sorry I've just never heard that term used in this context!

I would like to think he's just being extra-healthy. Except in muscle mass, I think Jason's at a pretty good weight right now...or he was the last time I saw pictures/video...again, hint hint, nudge nudge, Jason! ;) In the videos from the YAS Jason looks physically about the same as he did at JW, maybe a little bigger across the chest, but nothing major. He doesn't look exceptionally skinny, but he doesn't look overly bulky either. So, hopefully he's not worried about it. /mother hen mode

Now I'm just looking forward to some new costumes! :swoon: Both of them have had pretty good costumes so far across their careers - nothing completely :yikes: worthy. My favourites are their SP costumes from last season.

20. pinky166

Josh's SP costume was better once he got the baby blue blouse with the frilly sleeve. It was looser which made his shoulders look broader and detracted from the high waisted cut of the pants. I actually liked both of their FS costumes better tbh. I wasn't crazy about the weird collar on Jason's SP outfit.

And crunchy? Really, it's a common word here in the states. It basically means generally liberal, hippy-ish, natural, into organic and green things, etc.

21. misskarne

misskarne #408

Oh yes, I definitely meant Josh's baby-blue shirt. He should just wear blue forever. I'm sure I said that before :lol:. I think the high-waisted pants are a good look on him, they emphasise the length of his legs without making them look like "bambi legs" as you put it :lol:.

I did like the collar on Jason's SP costume, but maybe that's because I'm partial to some man-cleavage :lol:

How interesting! I've never heard the word used in that context. Maybe I'm just not up on modern lingo, or else it hasn't made it down under yet! :lol:

22. pinky166

:lol: Man cleavage...can't say I'm used to hearing that a lot! And Josh's bambi leg stage was more during his novice and junior years, although he had nothing on Lysacek at that age (can you say GANGLY? :p). And yes, blue shirts to bring out the blue in his eyes, it makes him look like Prince Eric (the cartoon from The Little Mermaid :p) on ice. See the resemblance http://www.squarehippies.com/images/movies/the_little_mermaid/prince_eric9.jpg ? (yes I am aware I sound utterly ridiculous, but especially when his hair was longer at junior worlds, I was feeling this connection, he should keep it in mind if he ever wants to do Disney on Ice haha :D).

And yeah it's probably just an American slang term, you Aussies have a lot of your own! But I do get the nature boy vibe from Jason, idk why. And on the topic of disney, I think Jason most resembles John Rolfe http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/252/6/f/John_Rolfe_by_AladdinsFan.jpg.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands...

23. misskarne

misskarne #408

Oh my goodness, the boys as Disney princes...very looky-likey! :lol: I won't ever be able to unsee that! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: Well now...I have red hair like Ariel ;) :p

24. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I am definitely jumping on the Joshua luv train. He is becoming a fave

25. pinky166

Me too, I always recognized his potential as a young skater but he was kind of boring and slow, awkward, and windmill-arm-ish under Tom Z...no more! His programs last season were fabulous! Even the Transformers program that he ended up dumping he pulled off nicely. Very versatile, elegant skater, and Damon Allen has done a good job with his choreo, showing off his long, clean elegant lines and flexibility without it being OTT. Johnny described his portrayal of Clare De Lune as "romantic" and "free" and I think he was spot on, I think that's part of what makes Josh's skating stand out, he is classical and elegant and romantic, but still masculine and his programs simple. As much as I love Jeremy I sometimes feel he tries too hard to be artistic and it comes off as a bit new-age melodramatic and pretentious, but I don't get this feeling ever when Josh skates, even to a piece like Claire De Lune. Can't wait until he announces his new SP music!! I'd love it to be soft and subtle like Clare De Lune, but it could also be interesting to see him go in a different direction.

Are both boys signed up to compete at Glacier Falls? Or won't we know for sure until later?

26. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Joshua tweeted:

"Going to Dallas because of my asthma caused by the massive forest fire in Colorado springs.
    At least get to see my dad!"

Hope he will feel better soon and will not lose too much training time... :(

27. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I think it was Scott Allen, who was 14 when he won in 1964.

28. misskarne

misskarne #408

All aboard! :lol:

I was watching his 2010 programs again last night, and in parts it was like :yikes:. You could see hints that there was this beautiful skater, but he was trapped underneath the windmill arms. :yikes:

One of my favourite moments of Clair de Lune is his perfect performance of it at Junior Worlds. As he comes through the step sequence, he's got this huge smile on his face. It's not a performance smile, it's not a fake smile, it's a smile of "I love this! I'm having so much fun!" :swoon: It's the sort of thing you don't see in videos of his earlier programs.

Can't wait to see the new one. The suspense is killing me! What will it be?! What genre will they go for? Will Josh and Damon choreograph it like they did with CdL or will they bring in someone else? Dying! :rofl:

Jason for sure is signed up for Glacier Falls, no word on Josh but he did GF last year, didn't he?

:( Thoughts with everyone in Colorado Springs too...that's a pretty big nasty-looking fire.

Pleased he gets to spend some time with his Dad, though. I'm sure they don't get much opportunity. Although if poor Josh thought it was hot at 90 degrees in Colorado Springs, he's going to melt in Dallas, where it's been consistently over 100, according to a friend living there... :lol:

All this talk of summer makes me :(. I miss warmth. Go away, winter.

:shuffle: Yeah, I don't think Josh can match that! :lol:

29. misskarne

misskarne #408

Hands up if you did a confused double-take when this tweet appeared on your timeline...

https://twitter.com/joshDfarris/status/219590276866506753

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So it looks like the goal is to see a bigger Josh this year...if his body plays ball! :lol:

30. pinky166

Yeah I saw that tweet and had the same reaction...I was like, wait, a figure skater who actually wants to GAIN weight?? I guess he is a little skinny, and a guy, but still, i'm surprised he actually mentioned that on a public site. Maybe he wants to get ripped to help with his quad and then he can rock a pleather unitard and become the 2nd coming of Joubert instead of Lysacek :p :lol: ...he already has (or had) similar hair to Brian...

Is he still in Dallas? I feel so bad for all the CS skaters what with the forest fire. Hope they are all okay and didn't miss out on too much training time!