The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by misskarne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Maybe after 2018 he'll be the next star figure skater on Dancing With the Stars! :lol:

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Thanks for the link! At the 40-second mark Jason does a VERY :cool: sequence of inside axel - reverse (clockwise) walley - turn on same foot up into double Axel! I believe Rohene Ward choreographed this show program.

ETA a cast photo tweeted by @PolinaEdmunds:
    "Johnny Weir's Show "Ice Dreams" in Oakland CA! I had the best time, and I already miss everyone so much!!!" http://pic.twitter.com/5sZeIqGUd5 (Jason does the splits on the ice!)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

No kidding. Jason is a natural dancer, so fluid.

4. misskarne

I love how Jason is just casually sitting in the splits, because that's just how you sit, yeah? :lol:

I do like how proud Jason is of his flexibility and he has every right to be so. He's definitely earned it.

5. Sylvia

6. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Kind of contradictory in that Jason is dancing (doing his thing) to Rohene's choreo.

7. misskarne

So, the talk in the program thread is that Jason is keeping the SP and getting a new LP to Riverdance.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, the SP was even kind of growing on me a little bit by the end of the season, simply because once he had the 3A out of the way, he seemed more able to focus on making it sassy. But on the other hand, the music was awful, my sense was always that the judges didn't like it, and for the love of everything if he's going to keep it he needs a new costume. NOW.

I'm not sure about Riverdance. I'm going to wait and see for that one.

8. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

9. misskarne

Jason is FINALLY on Twitter! Yay!

(Definitely him. Enough exclamation marks to prove it. ;))

10. misskarne

Jason's been busy on Twitter already!

And he's clearly enjoying Colorado:

11. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I'm just glad that the USFSA didn't try to keep Jason in Juniors for yet another year since it's apparent that he's better then many of the top US Senior men already. Let him skate against the big boys and see where he stands. At the very least it will be a good experience for him.

12. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Loyalty aside, I hope Jason Brown is willing to expand his range a little and work with someone other than Rohene Ward for one of his two programs. Given his balletic ability and flexibility, I personally think Brown should spend some time with Phillip Mills.

13. Sylvia

^^^ Maybe he will in the future?

I posted the excerpt from today's "The Inside Edge" blog in which Jason says he plans to debut his "Riverdance" FS at the Broadmoor Open later this month - link to the Program Music/Choreographers thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...nown-to-date&p=3938259&viewfull=1#post3938259

ETA that there are some very nice on- and off-ice shots of Jason by Leah Adams in this album (re-posting link from GSD):

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  14. misskarne

The one of Jason and Max hugging is cute. And I love how casual Jason looks when he's stretching. "Ho-hum, I'll just lift my foot right above my head, no big deal..." :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Riverdance now. I'm a bit concerned about the fact that he can't do it with all the triples in yet, but it is only June, so he's got plenty of time to get used to it.

15. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

I saw Jason practicing his program a few weeks ago, even with mostly double jumps it's absolutely INCREDIBLE. If he is able to skate it clean, man those scores will be high.

16. misskarne

Oh man I'm jealous right now. Sounds good. Can't wait to see it!

No word out of the Josh camp on music. I wonder if he'll continue in the classical direction or try something different?

17. babyskate

babyskate New Member

Is it routine when learning a new program to not practice it with the triples? I am so looking forward to seeing this completed work. I am sure it is going to be spectacular.

18. misskarne

He did mention in the IN article that it's extremely demanding, but remember he's also just moved to CS so he's still adjusting to training at altitude.

19. Ageless

Ageless Member

I saw it about two weeks ago when he was back in the Chicago area. The sessions I was on he was mostly working the choreography and marking the jumps. This music is so perfect for him! Assuming he can execute it with the jumps, this program is going to be spectacular!

20. misskarne

Gah! Now I really can't wait to see it!

21. Sylvia

22. misskarne

I'm so excited. Unfortunately I've blown my bandwidth for the month, so I won't be able to watch live, and will be relying on Youtube videos. I can't wait to see it!

23. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Jason's new programs & following his progress with them throughout the summer competitions. Go, Jason!

24. misskarne

Okay, so I've just watched Jason's programs from the Broadmoor Open. I wish I could snaffle the videos and post them for everyone, but I'm not that clever. (Or the person who made the webcast site is ;)). So I'm afraid you'll just have to make do with my ramblings (with additional help from Sylvia's magnificent score/protocol providing!).

SHORT PROGRAM (Prince: The Question of U)

3A turnout, 3F-3T, 'tano 3Lz fall (possibly e?): 74.86 (1st)

I really, really hated this idea. As you could tell. Still don't like the music. But I remember that last year, the goal of the Prince SP was supposed to be sassy, which I always felt he never quite achieved, although he came close at the end of the season. But this? This is pure sass bordering on suggestive. Certainly not a little boy any more. Great jumps, tano Lz is good but I think maybe the tano throws off his edge a bit, because that was the worst e I've seen from him in a while. Spins are fab. The new choreo mixed with the old is fantastic.

Costume: Remember the blue swirly shirt he wore for Liebestraume at Glacier Falls last year? He wore that shirt's green twin, which suggests to me that a new costume is in the works. Surely it can't be worse than the last one...?

LONG PROGRAM (Riverdance)

2T, 3A, 2A-3T, 3Lz-.5Lo-3S, 3F-3T, 3Lo, 2Lz (+1 more?) -1 for time violation, 149.58, 224.44 overall (1st)

OH. MY. GOD! This is fantastic! So complex and fascinating but you can also see Jason feeling the music with every movement! So beautiful, and elegant, and yet energetic and fun. Jumps looking okay. He definitely ran out of puff at the end. But then he hasn't been training at altitude very long, so I think they're probably building him up slowly to the full program length (he was twenty seconds short). The 2T is almost certainly a marker for a 4T. When the music builds, it's almost scary how much energy Jason projects! His spins are, as always, magnificent.

Costume: A plain white shirt and black pants, possibly borrowed from his "Fly Me To The Moon" program. Again, I suspect these are placeholders for the real one.

Overall, he looks even more mature than last season, just as extended and elegant and flexible, better presentation. Physically he doesn't look much different, but it can be tricky to tell sometimes.

25. misskarne

26. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I love the LP! Thanks for sharing the link!

27. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

The first done in history. :eek:

;)

I agree about the new programs and enjoy the mature dimension in his skating. What a precious talent he is....

28. Feb

Feb Member

No, that’s supposed to be 3Lz-0.5Lo-3S, aka 3Lz-1Lo-3S. It’s not 5Lo-3S :lol:

29. misskarne

Force of habit to leave the 0 off. ;)

30. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Yes, while you're getting comfortable with the choreography & layout. It's MUCH MUCH more difficult to string everything together rather than doing the elements in isolation.
    Awesome! I hope the new Prince outfit is a little lower in the ruffle factor, although I understand that is very Prince to have all those bells and whistles.

Was that seriously a 3A for the second jumping pass in his LP (after the 2T to open it)? It looked incredibly easy. This'll be a great program once he's comfortable with it.