The Joshua and Jason Uber Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by misskarne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Nice to hear they both skated so well! Bodes well for this time of the year! Excited for next season already!

And as for Gracie seeming older, I do agree, however, Josh is only 7 months older than her anyhow, and they are the same year in school, so at that age, it's pretty typical for girls to be more mature and confident/put together so to speak, whereas for guys it sometimes takes a little longer and they stay in that shy awkward stage throughout highschool. Some of it is girls maturing physically at a younger age, but I also feel like there are more expectations for young girls these days to act grownup as teenagers, idk. Anyways I think it's cute Josh is shy and I think it's speaks better of his character than if he was really cocky and arrogant (which, arguably, he has reason to be - yet you get no sense of his accomplishments hearing him speak). I'm really hoping at least one of his programs next season is in a new vein and not classical just to see a different side of him as a skater, I feel there is more complexity to him as an artist and person than it maybe appears on the surface. Fingers crossed.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Thankyou so much, Sylvia!

(Oh Josh. Again with the angsty ballads.)

4. pinky166

Josh is really being packaged at Jeremy Abbott 2.0 with these exhibition pieces. He pulls off the role well but doesn't he get tired of classical programs and new age sensitive man exhibition pieces ever? (and black t-shirts? :lol:). I am sure he has more artistic range in him than what we've seen from him these past few years...hopefully he can find a choreographer who can bring it out of him. Here's hoping.

That being said. It was a very nice program. Loved the spread eagles.

5. misskarne

Well, I must say, I'd rather see him packaged as Jeremy Abbott 2.0 than Evan Lysacek 2.0 which was in danger of happening for a while there. At least Jeremy's skating is nice to watch sometimes.

Of course, my ultimate preference is to see him packaged as Joshua Farris 1.0...

And the spreadeagles are very lovely - he also had one in the "Ain't No Sunshine" ex that went outside-inside the full length of the rink. Hope we're going to see that this season.

6. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Let's hope that Josh takes more after Evan more then Jeremy when it comes to competing.

7. misskarne

Meanwhile, here's an article about Joshua on The Denver Post's website. Highlights:

And it appears to be "admit-I-was-a-bad-kid" month:

8. Sylvia

Thanks for posting! I don't know how I missed this article when I found a similar but shorter Gracie Gold article in the Denver Post about her "Showtime on Ice" guest appearance.

ETA: I'll cross-post this article link in the U.S. Men's news thread in GSD since it focuses mainly on his accomplishments this season. Here's the link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...l-discussion&p=3914502&viewfull=1#post3914502

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  9. pinky166

I don't think Josh is lactose intolerant, I'm pretty sure he has an anaphylactic allergy to milk. Lactose intolerance is not that big of a deal, you have dairy and it makes you gassy and/or gives you a stomach ache, and if you take a lactaid pill before hand you can still eat food with lactose and be just fine. I've read articles where it said Josh's throat will close up if he has dairy and if he had a small cup of milk and didn't get treatment for it he would die. That sounds like the kind of allergy my little sister has - anaphylactic milk allergy, she gets annoyed when people say she's lactose intolerant because it does NOT indicate anywhere close to the severity of the condition which can lead to people not being careful enough when eating foods with dairy around her. So I think the article made a mistake, unless that actually is Joshua's condition, but I doubt lactose intolerance would send one to the ER, or if it did it would likely be for loose stools, not hives, puffiness, and a scratchy throat.

10. Sylvia

Jason Brown will perform in a benefit show organized by his training mate, Jordan Moeller, in the Chicago area on May 25 - link to the thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...L-with-Jason-Brown-Rohene-Ward-Jordan-Moeller

Both Joshua Farris and Jason Brown performed in the Athletes Advisory Committee (AAC) Gala show in Colorado Springs on May 4. Brown reprised his MC Hammer exhibition number. Relevant article excerpt (link is posted in the GSD thread with photos about the show: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...rt-of-Action&p=3922067&viewfull=1#post3922067)
    ETA baby news at the end of the same article:

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  11. misskarne

Congratulations to Kori and her husband on another sweet little girl!

It sounds like the AAC Gala was lots of fun. I'd heard about the fanning girls thing via an exchange on Twitter:

;)

A shame there don't seem to be any videos from the AAC Gala. I'd like to see a HQ video of Josh's "If I Was Your Man" and of course, Jason's "Can't Touch This" is ALWAYS good!

12. Sylvia

Re-posting from Dr. George Rossano's Governing Council blog - this excerpt was posted in the GC thread in GSD:

13. Sylvia

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  14. misskarne

Kori is a tease:

*taps foot impatiently*

Is it June 1 yet?

15. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

What summer competitions is Jason attending???

16. misskarne

Haven't heard of any yet, but the last few seasons he's competed at Glacier Falls. Last year he also did a very small comp up in Connecticut (I think) that we didn't get any results for weeks and never had video of.

Meanwhile, a very handsome lineup at Universal Sports studios...

https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/334821933118001152

Pic of suitMax, coatJosh and casualRyan

17. DORISPULASKI

:drama: In CT???? And I didn't know about it :wuzrobbed:

I would have gone, had I know.

18. Sylvia

Jason competed in Wisconsin last June, not CT. :)

19. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

20. DORISPULASKI

Whew. I didn't think I was as out of it as to miss Jason competing next door ;)

21. misskarne

*facepalm*

22. pinky166

Kinda looks like Tom Cruise when he was younger. I especially noticed it when he had his hair longer last year. I thought his hair looked great like that though he also looks nice with short hair. All 3 guys are very handsome :hat1:

23. Sylvia

Congratulations to Jason on his graduation from his Chicago area public high school!

I was told he skated to "Fly Me to the Moon" in Jordan Moeller's cancer fundraiser show in Chicago last weekend and included "Y-spiral into a triple Lutz, and a terrific Russian split at the end."

He is skating in the "Ice Dreams" show in Oakland, Calif. today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-CA-(June-2)&p=3932515&viewfull=1#post3932515

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  24. misskarne

Sylvia with the latest news as always!

Hope video emerges from Moeller's event. I want to see Jason skating to Sinatra!

And congratulations of course on his graduation! I understand he graduated with honours, which is a great achievement!

Today is the day when we find out what happens with both of them next season. Will Josh get one GP? Two? Will Jason go Senior or will the USFSA ask him to stay Junior?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  25. misskarne

The two young men are now officially SENIORS!

Joshua has got spots at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia (ouch), and Jason will be competing at TEB!

So, Jason, if you're looking for a Senior B...Skate Downunder is in August. ;)

26. pinky166

Why is Cup of Russia ouch? Looking at the field, I actually think Josh could do quite well there, maybe even medal. The field at that event isn't nearly as stacked as the one at Skate Canada or TEB. So excited for both the boys and especially glad Jason is not stuck on the JGP again! Yay. Skate Canada actually seems like a mini-nationals with Josh, Jeremy, and Ross all competing at the same event...maybe Jason can get the TBA at SA too I was thinking (I want Alex Johnson to get the host pick, but if Lysacek withdraws, then maybe both Jason and Alex could get to go :) ).

27. misskarne

Oh, I put the ouch in the wrong place. Ouch was for Skate Canada.

So delighted Jason is going up too. With the way he was talking about letting the USFSA choose for him, I figured they were going to be stupid and send him round again.

28. pinky166

Haha yes that will be interesting but on the upside, should Josh manage to beat Jeremy and/or Ross there (which I think he has a shot at doing honestly given the way they've all been skating lately) that might boost his chances to actually be considered for the Olympic team. And I agree about Jason, I don't like what Ward is doing with his choreo, but he's a huge talent worthy of competing on the senior GP so I'm so pleased he was actually allowed to move up, and during an Olympic season at that, rather than being unnecessarily held back for another year so USFS could promote other skaters who aren't doing as well right now. I really do think he has a good shot at getting SA too.

29. misskarne

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  30. pinky166

Wow, Jason sure can dance. I think he could have a career in ice dancing if he wanted, maybe after 2018, if he makes the Olympics, he could find a partner and pick up ice dance :p. Nice twizzles!