The interview to Kanako Murakami who is JGPF champion and JW champion

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Akira Andrea, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

This is an article in the home page of “The Chukyo TV” in Japan.
    Translation into English.
    The interview to Kanako Murakami, which was broadcasted in June 2nd JST.
    June 2nd, 2010 JST

By Emi Honda (interviewer and announcer)

00:18
    In last season, Kanako Murakami won the Junior Japan Nationals, moreover, won the Junior Grand Prix Final and the Junior Worlds and stood on the top in the world in junior.
    00:31
    That Murakami entered into Chukyo University Chukyo High School in this spring.
    How will the daily life of a high school student, Kanako Murakami be?
    00:40
    Honda: “How will the high school life be?”
    Murakami: “It is very pleasant.”

Honda: “What school life are you leading usually?”
    Murakami: “I, ordinarily, get up in the morning, go to school by train, go to rink by train and practice.”

Honda: “Have you been able to make a lot of friends?”
    Murakami: “Yes, I have been able to make a lot of friends.”

Honda: “What friends are they?”
    Murakami: “They are very pleasant friends.”
    01:14
    This blazer became a topic in the time of her entrance ceremony.
    She made Mao Asada give her this blazer which Asada had wore.
    But, in addition to this blazer, moreover…
    01:26
    Murakami: “The vest which I wear now is from her, too, and the blouse also is one which Asada had worn, although I have a lot of blouses.”

Honda: “What feeling is it that you go to school with wearing what Asada had worn at one time?”

Murakami: “I am glad. I felt that I must become steady.”
    01:49
    Murakami is a star which everybody look forward to, continuing to Asada.
    As for the program for next season, it is in preparing stage as for both SP and FS now, but I hear that the exhibition program has already completed.
    02:00
    Moreover, I hear that Murakami challenges “something” for the first time in that exhibition program.
    02:06
    Murakami: “I attempt to use the props for the first time! I use a tambourine and a chair.”

Honda: “A tambourine and a chair!? That combination seems to be difficult somewhat but... “

Murakami: “But, I think that they are pretty matching. I think that a tambourine and a chair are matching.”

02:26
    Honda: “What image is the program for exhibition?”

Murakami: “It is somewhat adult-like. Moreover, it makes me tire very much. At first, it is sexy very much, but it makes me suffer difficulty a little in breathing afterward. It makes me suffer difficulty in breath, because the movement is too furious.”

02:45 ((The back ground is one at 2009 “The Ice”)
    She challenges to new field.
    It looks forward to the performance in the ice show, “The Ice”.
    02:50
    Murakami: “The new exhibition program in this time is adult-like very much. Please watch my performance, because I am going to perform that adult-like with doing my best.”

03:04
    Main caster: “I am hard to image what atmosphere her program will be, am not I?”
    03:07
    Honda: “It seems to be somewhat sexy one. Please expect it, everybody!”
    03:10
    Honda: “By the way, the music name seems to be secret yet, but it seems to be film music.”
    03:18
    Honda: Now, as for the ice show, “The Ice” which Chukyo TV broadcasts, new participants were decided. At first, it is Evgeni Plushenko who is silver medalist in Vancouver Olympics. Next, it is Adam Rippon whom the aureate performance is the attractiveness of and who is the hope of next generation.
    And if saying “The Ice”, it is this person, Jeffrey Battle!
    It seems to be able to enjoy this year, too,!

The diary as for the coverage of Emi Honda.
    As for next season, I hear that she has not decided yet the program for the short program and the free skating, but I hear that she would like to perform to "the music with up-tempo" in next time because she performed to the music with adult-like in last year!!
    It looks forward to what program the coach prepares for her!!

When I asked her what practice she is doing now…

Murakami: “Because I have many opportunity to perform an exhibition program in an ice show, I study the expression ability there and attempt the jump!! At present, I have a pain in hip joint, but am training a triple-triple with my best so as to be able to jump it clean.”

Murakami gives an impression that she is always jumping clearly a jump,
    When I asked her what her favorite jump is…

Murakami: “I have not a favorite jump, but have an un-favorite jump. I am bad at Lutz, Flip and Loop, and am worse at Axel!!! Because I had not jumped the Loop even once in last year, I must train it specially!!”

Then I asked her the eagerness as for participating to senior competition.

Murakami: “Because I must catch up with senior players even a little, I think that I would like to do my best with making the goal by myself.”

Murakami challenges the pretty sexy performance in the exhibition program.
    Our anticipation to her in next season mounts more and more!!

The video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKuFafenls4&feature=player_embedded

The article:
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/straight/1006021155/figure.html

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Thanks for the translation! I love Murakami. :lol: about her answer about her unfavorite jumps. She pretty much listed all of them!!

3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

:lol: Sexy Kanako, I'm interested to see this. She looks about 12 years old because she's so tiny but I think a chair routine will be interesting, I wonder if the music is Chicago?

4. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Murakami: “Because I have many opportunity to perform an exhibition program in an ice show, I study the expression ability there and attempt the jump!! At present, I have a pain in hip joint, but am training a triple-triple with my best so as to be able to jump it clean.”

Murakami gives an impression that she is always jumping clearly a jump,
    When I asked her what her favorite jump is…

Murakami: “I have not a favorite jump, but have an un-favorite jump. I am bad at Lutz, Flip and Loop, and am worse at Axel!!! Because I had not jumped the Loop even once in last year, I must train it specially!!”

Then I asked her the eagerness as for participating to senior competition.

So she does have hip problems! I knew that technique couldn't hold... But interesting how she says she sucks at the flip and is even worse at the axel, since she lands them well... (even if the technique is scary).

5. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

It's admirable that she knows what her weak points are. And because of this she will be improved sooner or later.

Sorry for her hip pain.
    Plz, take care of yourself! Athletic career is short but life is long.

6. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

In the interview, Murakami seems to have said, "I have a pain in hip joint now", but I hope that it is not chronic disease but mere temporary slight inflammation.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010