The infamous "hooker on crack" program

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by all_empty, Feb 20, 2013.

1. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

sighh, I won't even start to answer here, I'll just say thanks to (most of) you for bringing back good ol' memories !

2. Triple Axel

Triple Axel New Member

I have to confess that I have NEVER seen this program!! but that I definitely will be checking it out!! Now, if I could just find a place to lay down the crack pipe...:40beers:

3. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Aww, I can't believe that somehow I missed an entire Laetitia Hubert thread! I miss her skating so much, for most of the 90s she was one of my favorite skaters! Loved the speed, loved the power, loved the drama, and her flaws only made her more endearing to me! :lol:

One thing I will add, which wasn't mentioned very much in this thread, is that Hubert had a number of serious injuries during her career. I remember that she missed at least one entire season because of injury, maybe more? Yes, she was unpredictable even when she was in top shape; but the injuries added to the fact that she never lived up to her potential IMO.

4. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Well-Known Member

Laetitia is one of my all time favourites for doing programs that were completely DIFFERENT, creative and being an amazing athlete at the same time. An underrated program and skater if there ever was one!

5. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

6. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Funny you bring up '98 Nagano, I was just watching the Ladies 1998 Olympic LP youtube videos from that uploader and had a chance to view the Group 2 Warm-Up for the first time. I didn't know that Nicole Bobek was landing all of her jumps in warm-up, including the 3flutz, the 3flip, the 3loop, only to manage landing the 3loop and 1 2Axel in the actual program. Knowing that now only makes my frustration over her skating at the Olympics even greater. So :confused:.