The Gracie Gold Cheer Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FunnyBut, Jan 12, 2014.

1. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I just noticed Gracie does not have a cheear thread :D

How extraordinary for her to have reworked her presentation, steeled her nerves and put together such a great Nationals. She really skated and looked the part of a champion. An extraordinary athlete with *hang time* in her lutz, she is now a complete polished package too...just what the COP doctor ordered for US Figure Skating.

Gracie :cheer: Frank :cheer2: Lori :cheer:

2. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Her LP at US Nationals was the first time I ever truly began to appreciate her skating as a whole package. I agreed with Sandra that this was the first performance where she was really projecting emotion and really trying to feel each note of the music. The blue sparkly dress is a huge improvement over the dress she wore during the GP season. That light shade of pink is not this girl's color. She's more of a fierce character on the ice. She has made A LOT of progress very quickly. Her arms are not as distracting in this program, which help me to endure her better. She's such a lovely girl with big jumps and pretty spins. She still needs much better choreography and more maturity, but she is getting there. Congratulations on your Nationals gold, Miss Gold! :cheer2:

3. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

She has to be thrown into the talk of the bronze contenders at the Games now.

4. zoe111

zoe111 Active Member

I'm really happy for her too, especially since we know she gets nervous and that has affected her performance a lot in the past. Battling nerves issues is really tough and some people never get there. This year's nationals was a pressure cooker because of the Olympics and she handled it really well.

5. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

:respec:::cheer: I have so much respect for Gracie. She was just wonderful, elegant with amazing powerful jumps, and really looked confident in the long program. She looked so beautiful and elegant too. I loved the hair and the whole look. :glamor: She obviously listened to Frank. He is such a genius!! WOW!! I am so amazed that he did so much with her in such a short time and I was a fan before she went to him. They seem to work well with each other. I hope she skates great at the Olympics! :):encore:

6. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Her spins are so much better now, so fast with great positions. To me, she has it all.

7. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

Her jumps were great. I think only Yuna may be better. I loved the hair and new costumes.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

She did a great job and put it out there when it counted. :respec:

9. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

:respec:

I've been cheering her on since she burst onto the scene and I'm thrilled for her. I almost feel vindicated. :lol: ;)

Completely deserved win and I hope she continues to grow under Frank's tutelage. She still has so much untapped potential IMO.

:cheer2: Gracie!!

10. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

She was fantastic and she's got a bright career ahead of her :) I'm hoping this is the new norm rather than the inconsistency from before, Frank has done great things with her!

11. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I think she could become the dominant skater over the next quad. She is a better skater and talent than Julia L. and a better competitor (or probably will be with Frank) and much better coached with programs that actually live up to her potential and suit her than Sotnikova.

12. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Can we talk about Gracie's hair? The bun was fab, but the bleach job was just :yikes: They need to soften the color considerably.

On another note, I think the ladiezzz controversy might be a blessing in disguise for Gracie. Certainly let's her fly a little under the radar a while longer.

13. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan per se of Miss Gold but I am not one who has a problem giving credit where credit is due.

She was great this weekend. I still hope she continues to work on feeling her music (as well as softening her arms) but overall, I enjoyed her. I thought her reactions to both of her programs were adorable. You can tell it really meant something to skate so well.

I admire her for pulling out two strong programs under pressure...I'm also impressed considering the jittery and nervous mess she'd been earlier in the season. Frank's mental lessons have really sunk in and it's paying off in a huge way. I'm happy she was able to earn her gold medal in such a convincing fashion. If she can skate like this in Sochi (including hitting that 3F she missed) she could place top 5 or even sneak in for a medal depending on how the favorites skate. I still think her odds are pretty long but it's not often that the person expected to win the Olympics actually wins the Olympics. We'll have to see.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Cross-posting from another thread:

Sometimes, dreams do come true. :)

(Even though I somehow mistook Frank Carroll for Jeffrey Buttle. :eek:)

15. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Gracie is now queenly at only 18. I'm predicting top 5. Just hope the "big show and bright lights" (to quote Miss Wagner) of the Olympics dont mess with her head. Just keep doing what you're doing, young lady!

16. lulu

lulu New Member

Congrats to Gracie on her national title and well deserved trip to the Olympics!

17. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Absolutely. One thing was clear to me at these Nationals - I think Gold has now replaced Wagner as our best hope for a medal. The only thing I worry about is her ability to handle the pressure...she has melted down on more than one occasion due to this...but she seems to be getting better at handling her nerves. She at least seems to have the preparation down pat - no distractions, etc....still, the Olympic pressure has claimed even some of the most steely of competitors.

If Gold can replicate those performances in Sochi, she has just as good a chance as the top contenders for a medal IMHO. I've said for a while that our best hopes for a medal would be a hypothetical 100% trained and ready Gracie Gold, and that was before she went to FC and things were still uncertain with her. And this Wagner/Nagasu controversy going on, that's ironically taken some of the attention away from what she did at Nationals - will that work in her favor in regards to increasing pressure to medal?

18. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Happy for Gracie ... great work by Frank.

19. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

It's telling also that Frank wanted her to stay off Twitter and not read comments about her and just stick to preparing for Nationals. She even deleted Twitter off her phone. Girl was coming to Boston to win.

20. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Love Gracie!!! She looked fantastic on the TODAY show today. She's also skating in the next hour; first hour had an interview in studio.

21. Jammers

Gracie was on the Today show this morning?

22. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Yes - throughout the entire show, in fact...even during closing credits, LOL! I described all in the TV Alerts forum. Also, note that Gracie will be interviewed on Access Hollywood today. I suspect that I will have a full DVD of 'pre-Olympic Gracie Appearances' before she ever gets to Sochi.

23. Jammers

Gracie was styling and profiling with that umbrella LOL The camera loves her.

24. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

Just a drive-by post to show my love & support of the new US ladies' champion. Way to go, Gracie! :cheer2:

25. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

ITA, I think that all the roller coaster controversies, and seismic aftershocks ;) have taken a bit of the spotlight off of Gracie's coronation at Nationals. And indeed, she was under the radar for most of the GP season taking the opportunity to work with Frank and really be prepared for Nationals. Ashley meanwhile was out there in front battling as the face of U.S. figure skating. So truthfully, Ashley and Gracie have been a tandem in more unexpected ways than are obvious. ;)

But Frank is definitely the key factor in Gracie's blossoming. I have a gut feeling it may have been suggested to Gracie to go to Frank earlier, but she likely decided to stick with her original coach initially. Then after the less than stellar start to this season (with lots of critiques of her programs and costumes), she clearly realized (with additional pressure from USFS) it was time to make the switch if she wanted to improve and to win. Did anyone notice when Gracie came off the ice in the fp, Frank reached out for a hug, but Gracie ran straight into Scott Brown's open arms. :) Frank laughed and then stood watching with a smile on his face. Frank knows! He's very wise when it comes to the upsides, downsides, and insides of this sport and to knowing what it takes to make a champion. In Gracie's case, Frank has a lot to work with, indeed! It was nice to see Scott Brown in the kiss 'n cry with Gracie and Frank, and to see her rush into Scott Brown's arms, because he was with her for most of her journey -- and that means a huge amount.

Someone mentioned and I hadn't thought of it previously, that GG's sp costume kind of referenced Julia Roberts' red gown in Pretty Woman. I think that's probably the inspiration. :) How many fans picked up on that?

http://clothesonfilm.com/julia-roberts-in-pretty-woman-elegant-opera-dress/12682/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46QIz06HfM

26. bunkenholz

bunkenholz New Member

I thought Gracie looked beautiful on Leno last night. The juggling was cute too!

27. zigzig

zigzig Active Member

28. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

29. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

30. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Maybe she posted it on Twitter.