The Good Wife - Season Four

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 30, 2012.

1. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I keep going back and forth on what she really wants, which in my mind is good writing. To me, it means they are trying to leave it open -- at least from our perspective. That way we can watch what does/doesn't develop between these two.

Alicia, Alicia, Alicia. Look, you made your choice, now stick to it. You told both Will and ???? (losing her name again) that it's over and done with between the two. Just because you had a dream about him, doesn't mean you should be trying to make it real. Just get over the dweeb already, please. I want to see Will with someone who's actually available full-time and committed to him. Alicia isn't either one.

Kalinda -- like how she's finding things for Diane but being very sensitive in presenting it to her. Yeah, our old Kalinda's back.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Kalinda is a ninja spy! Love her! :cool:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm also warming to Robin. LOVED her expressions when Cary told her to sit in an "look critical" :rofl: She's the anti-Kalinda, but it works.

4. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I'm loving her too, how quickly she took to the job but doing things in her own way.

It was a good episode for Cary too. I'm glad he's taking the work seriously and seems to have gotten over his disappointment at not making partner this time around -- a more mature response as we would come to expect from a more mature Cary. Nice that he was the one to get the big discovery for the case.

5. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

New episode tonight entitled "Rape: A Modern Perspective". Jason Biggs of American Pie fame is guest-starring.

Episode info from tvrage.com:
    As Alicia represents a girl who accuses a classmate of rape, the case takes on a life of its own when the hacker group "Anonymous" takes notice and brings the trial into the public eye via the Internet. Also, Diane continues to be vetted for a possible Illinois Supreme Court seat and Kalinda becomes suspicious of Robyn

Some youtube clips:

Episode promo with Peter and Alicia's Mom confronting Will

Scene where Alicia sets some rules with Jason Biggs

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see where they it with Cary and the forth years leaving.

7. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I still want Alicia to quit and go to another firm ! :)

8. genevieve

last night's ep was kind of a kitchen sink hodge podge of our favorite guest judges, lawyers and clients (where was Chum Hum guy: :drama: ), with MORE of Alicia's bizarre recent wishy washy whining about how harrrrrrrd it is to choose between her two men....but the payoff was FANTASTIC. I had a feeling after the union episode that Alicia was going to change her mind about breaking from Lockhart Gardner, but how this was done was super fab :inavoid:

B-b-but Alicia leaving and Kalinda staying: :fragile:

9. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Wow! What a show! I loved this finale! Watching the lawyers argue, then switch sides was completely hilarious. My husband came down at the end and asked me if Peter had won the election. "Well, it's kind of complicated....."

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Kalinda sounded like an idiot in this episode: she traded being an employee for the independence of contracting, and she's bitching about an employee investigator getting health insurance, as if that would be a big surprise to her. Also, the idea that under a group health insurance policy, the cost of insuring a single person is worth $30K a year is a bit bizarre.

Good for Cary for saying he wouldn't be used in a bidding war.

Why did Alicia's brother flip on Stupid Husband?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  11. genevieve

Are you one episode behind us?

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Maybe. I watched the last one my DVR picked up.

13. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

Oh just wait. After the union episode and unhappy employees, I'd think Alicia will remind them of why they're leaving Lockhart Gardner, and now they'll be going down the same path?

14. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/29/the_good_wife_finishes_a_fanastic_season/

MONDAY, APR 29, 2013 08:48 AM CDT
    “The Good Wife” finishes a fantastic season
    The most cynical, clear-eyed and entertaining show about power and corruption wraps up for the summer
    BY WILLA PASKIN

EDIT:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/the-good-wife-season-finale-best-guest-stars

76 Guest Stars Of “The Good Wife” Ranked In Order Of Excellence
    The TV show with the best guest stars on Earth has its Season 4 finale on Sunday. From Michael J. Fox through Carrie Preston and Maura Tierney, let's rank them from first to worst!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  15. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Good reads both! Thanks, dardar!

16. dardar1126

You're welcome. :)

I love this show! It's never predictable, the characters are complex, there is no black and white, but plenty of shades of grey...I like being kept off-balance.

In the usual run-of-the-mill drama Alicia would have opened that door to Will (as I and I'm sure many expected), but, NO, it's Cary! Can't wait for next season!! :watch:

17. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It's over??? :fragile:

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

This article in early February confirmed that actor Josh Charles has extended his contract for season 5: http://tvline.com/2013/02/07/the-good-wife-season-5-spoilers-josh-charles/

19. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Rally good finale.

Did anyone have flashbacks to season 2's end? Alicia walking through another Florrick victory party and going home? At least this time she wasn't crying and packing Peter's things.

:rofl: @ Jackie telling Peter to butt out where aide is concerned. But, I wonder if Christian is going to be a problem next year?

Thrilled about Florrick, Agos and Associates. But, if Diane is getting a judgeship, does that leave poor Will with David Lee? :yikes:

20. genevieve

perhaps Will will come be a part of Florrick, Agos, Gardner and Associates :rofl:

I dug the move by Jackie, but Christian, in his 2 minutes of fame, gave me too much of a Dante-from-Nashville vibe. I hope he doesn't become a storyline next season.

21. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

It seems so long ago that we were dealing with the dud that was Kalinda's hubby. Thank God they resolved that snoozer of a storyline and moved on to more interesting plots.

22. dardar1126

Agreed; hated HIM, hated that storyline! :soapbox:

23. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Wait - THAT was season finale???

24. genevieve

gotta admit - they're good at the last second cliffhangers

25. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Alicia seemed to make up her mind to join Cary's firm after seeing the guy who looked like (a much younger) Will. So was she thinking that she needs to get away from Will so as not to be tempted, or was she thinking that leaving the firm will free her up to date will? Probably not the latter because he isn't going to be very happy with her...

26. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!