The Good Wife - Season Four

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 30, 2012.

1. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I predict that Kalinda will either beat her husband or kill him and will get in all sorts of trouble for it.

I also predict that someone will have an affair that will be a big problem for Peter's campaign. Who will it be -

Peter's mother and her new caregiver?
    Grace and the new boyfriend?
    Zack and his campaign supervisor?

Looking forward to seeing Stockard Channing as Alicia's mom. That could be good.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I am so disappointed with where the Kalinda storyline has gone.

I'm liking Amanda Peet and looking forward to Stockard Channing, especially if little brother comes back into the scene.

3. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Woo! I like your ideas!

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I am SO looking forward to Stockard Channing...mainly because I thought she was dead :shuffle: Why did I think that?! I'm THRILLED that she's not :D This will be a great episode for me.

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Well, aside from the fact that he didn't "accuse" Carey of being gay, he asked (and "accuse" makes it sound as if being gay is a crime) ... my take on this was that he was just testing the waters, trying to determine if Carey is a potential threat. In his warped mind, I'm sure he considers every heterosexual male in Chicago a potental threat to his property. Kind of bizarre, considering what he knows about Kalinda's sexual tastes -- but it's not like he's acting rationally. (You'd think he'd be following Kalinda 24/7, and would go after Will after he met with Kalinda in the bar.)

To me, though, the most unrealistic part of that whole setup was Carey answering Alicia's phone with a "Yeah?" Why would he answer her phone in the first place (what, did Clarke cancel all their voicemail to cut costs?), and even if he did answer, surely he'd say "Hello, Alicia Florek's phone."

I didn't mind Mr. Kalinda at first, for a couple of episodes I thought it added an interesting new dynamic. Plus I loves me some Marc Warren. But I agree, enough. He's ceased to become useful or entertaining. DIAF indeed.

But Stockard Channing?!! :cheer:

6. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Sorry for the use of "accuse" -- in hindsight it was a bit stronger than I meant. I just thought it seemed as though he was trying to "out" Carey but since we "know" Carey isn't gay, I couldn't think of a reason as to why Mr Kalinda would even go there. After reading your post - yeah, hindsight is 20-20.

I too wondered --at the time -- why Carey answered the phone the way he did. For one thing, it wasn't a very professional manner to greet someone on the phone and secondly it wasn't his line. Guess it was to set up for his beating. Man, I felt pain watching that.

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I felt the husband was thinking, "Dude, if you're gay...you're off the hook - your friendliness towards my wife is purely platonic - but if you're straight, then it's flirting and for that you get the sh** kicked out of you". He was trying to give Carey an "out", but Carey had no idea what was going on.

I assumed Carey saw Kalinda's name on the "incoming call" window of the phone, so he felt no need to be formal with taking her phone call.

8. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Stockard Channing? What did I miss? She is one of my VERY VERY favorites. What a treat.

9. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

10. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I was going to write just that. One of the biggest strength of this serie were well built characters: Will, Diane, Alicia, Kalinda, Eli, Carey. Not so much Peter, I'm afraid, but his mother surely made up for it. And I hate with a passion when they derail characters to create new story lines out of thin air: writers, either you have a story or you don't. Kundera didn't pull The Unbearable Lightness of Being out of tricks, and you shouldn't ruin a perfectly nice show because your better skills are on strike. If you really can't do any better, end it instead. Now we all get to re-watch a fourth season when Kalinda went week in the knees and Alicia is done caring (as she said).

Yes: Grace has been a stain on the table for quite a while; since she found God, in my opinion. But if, as A.H.Black suggests, she finds new thrills behind the bushes, maybe they can recover her.

11. professordeb

Well I tried for the second time today to load this video. This afternoon it got stuck in an infinite loop and never loaded. Now it won't load because
    The video you have requested is unavailable or may have expired.
    Here are some related videos you may enjoy

How on earth has it expired already? Sheesh.

12. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

It still plays fine for me. You might want to try a different browser. It's only 30 seconds long

What a great tease.

13. professordeb

I live in Canada so don't know it that's the problem cause I tried IE8 & Chrome yet received the same error message.
    Sometimes the internet just sucks!

14. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

15. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Just type it into youtube - the results will bring up ones that work in your region.

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

So what did people think of Stockard Channing's performance in last night's episode? :D

17. professordeb

I loved the whole part of the Thanksgiving dinner. Mom1 vs Mom2, Alicia's mom telling Alicica that she needs to do what makes her happy cause that's all that matters in this world. Then proceeds to tell Peter that HE needs to divorce Alicia so Alicia can do what makes her happy since it's obvious that Alicia won't do such a thing. Ends with Alicia doing what *I* what makes her happy -- with Peter in a chair. Thought it poetic justices of sorts :D

18. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Loved seeing Alicia's mom and her versus Jackie, bring it on. :D

Caroline in the City! Wow, blast from my sitcom-watching past. The actor who played the gay CFO was Richard from Caroline.

19. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

20. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

21. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I thought that was fairly clear. Cary doesn't have any major issues with anybody...at least not ones that would end in physical violence. Plus Cary has seen Nick's nutcase side, so he put two and two together (not enough that much math was necessary, really)! :lol: Cary was just saying, "I've got lots of dirt on you...now play nicely".

22. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Well it will be nice to have Kalinda back without the menacing Nick around though I think he was well cast. I want to see more of Amanda Peet's character and still hope Elspeth makes an appearance. I think the supporting/guest cast on this show is excellent.

23. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness! I love The Good Wife, and I love Kalinda (I used to watch it as much for her as for Alicia); but the whole storyline is ridiculous. Get that ex-husband off of my screen as soon as possible! Our ex-husbands should remain ex-husbands! :soapbox:

24. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I do, I think the actor made all the efforts to hint in that direction.

Thanks for the joke and the article.

Good lord creators are being clueless: I don't mind Kalinda having a relationship (and how would one call that freak "boyfriend"?), I mind Kalinda having a really stupid one, that doesn't go together at all with her character.

That's better.

25. professordeb

Yipppppeeeeeeee -- he's GONE!!! and Kalinda basically says he won't be back and she seemed pretty firm about that answer to Alicia. But one thing -- did anyone think she seemed a bit sad after delivering the info to Alicia? Almost like there was a tear of sadness in her eyes. Is she really going to miss him?

Oh yeah, did anyone catch the location she suggested he cross the border into Canada cause I could swear she said Point Edward which is the "village" one kinda enters when you cross the border from Port Huron, U.S.A. Once you motor through the "Point" you are then where I live -- Sarnia. Could it really be possible that two of my favourite shows have referenced this general area (the other was Criminal Minds). I was a bit confused, though. If indeed they said Point Edward, I'm pretty sure they don't have a bus line there. Darn how I wish I had a screen grab of when she pointed out the place on the map. I'd likely recognized the place if I saw the map for a bit longer but I was so surprised to think I heard "Point Edward" that I didn't pay enough attention.

Oh and poor Eli -- gotta feel for him. I don't think he saw that mack truck coming.

The comic relief -- Alicia finding out that the condom search was done by Jackie. I found that hilarious only because it's not MY mother who's thinking of doing "the deed" -- or so we are being led to believe.

Good episode.

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Of course she is, or he wouldn't have been in her bed last episode or the episode before. Given what he's done in his past -- mostly implied -- what he did to Cary seems par for the course and shouldn't surprise her.

What was unbelievable was how Cary didn't have a few dozen broken things from that beating and that "basketball accident" was at all plausible. On the other hand, the only movie or show I've seen where a beating like Cary's was handled realistically was in "Revenge" where Anthony Quinn has Kevin Costner's character beaten badly, and it takes him months to recover. (The movie also had the :swoon: Madeleine Stowe in it.)

27. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I missed last week's ep (will have to look for it online as I wanted to see Stockard Channing) and figured Cary was out of the ep due to his injuries - and then he shows up at the end looking the same as always :huh:

So....will they ever let us know how Kalinda got rid of douchebag? Even though the implication that she may have killed him is there and would be satisfying, I hope they never tell us. It's like Jackie googling (I mean "StubHubbing") condoms - let us never speak of this terrible character again.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I had read the article saying Kalinda's ex-husband was going to leave sooner than originally planned and I thought the writers still didn't get it. There was such a huge set up with the character, with Kalinda waiting for him with a gun and everything she went through to hide her real identity plus having Peter help her with that. And then Nick shows up and didn't live up to the build up. At all. It makes no sense for Kalinda to have been so deathly afraid of him.

I hated that story and I thought the writers completely dropped the ball.

29. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

They definitely did, but at least they listened to the viewers and dropped the story early. It's the first time in 4 years that they've dropped it, so I'll forgive them if it never happens again :lol:

I also thought she killed him. I thought she was so firm in him never coming back, because her plan B was to dispose of him more permanently :shuffle: Like Gen, I hope we never hear of it again.

30. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I think Kalinda is in love with Alicia.

Or obsessed with her in a strange way.