'The Fashion Show' returns: Kelly Rowland, you're out! Iman ...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Beefcake, May 17, 2010.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

... you're in! :kickass:

I know we loved to hate TFS last summer; but, we also admitted that there were some interesting things about the show ... starting with its being in Hi-Def (ahem - paying attention, Lifetime/Project Runway?), and including Fern Mallis, creative teaming, and Isaac as the boss.

No dummy he, Isaac has dumped the worst thing about TFS, Ms. Rowland, and replaced her with Iman - who knows a thing or three about hosting a PR knock-off! (PR Canada, for those who didn't know.) Kudos, Fashion Show. Here's hoping for an interesting cast, ala the inaugural season, but with someone more "rootable" versus merely :watch: :drama:

The Fashion Show return

2. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

High-def works better when you don't film the show in a concrete bunker with a couple discount-store halogens for lighting. I got Seasonal Affective Disorder watching it.

Maybe they'll have a contestant I don't hate this year....

3. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Isaac was also a big part of the problem, but maybe he'll come off better with a decent co-host. I actually like the concept of the other PR knock-off better, but I couldn't stand the creepy twins :yikes: and was a bit confused by who they picked as the final three. Of course, I was also confused by the final three for The Fashion Show too, so there you go.

I'm glad they're giving it a second chance, but I don't think Heidi and co. have much to worry about.

4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Poor Kelly. She cannot get a break it seems. I thought she finally found something that would give her a separate identity from being a Beyoncebackupgirl. I feel bad she got dumped from this show.

5. Civic

Civic New Member

So do I. Other than the Fashion Show and a hair care product ad, what else has she done since Destiny's Child disbanded?

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

She had a nice hit single this past year. She was only credited as the "featuring" artist even though it was her vocals only. It was that song "When Love Takes Over." It did decently in the U.S. but was a much bigger hit in other parts of the World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudbz4hOcbc

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Not a lot of note. But I think Matthew Knowles played a role in that.

Cute song, but I hope she gets more to do.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Sad to hear about Kelly. There were/are far bigger problems with this show than her. The creepy twins should have gotten the ax first.

9. Ares

Ares Guest

I wonder if they are still going to whisper their opinions of the designs in the hallway or switch things up and, ya know, actually help the designers this time.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  10. tlk

tlk Active Member

Wonder what this means for Project Runway Canada? I have enjoyed watching the first couple seasons of that. I hope it continues, preferably with Iman. They have had some talented designers.