The Duggars - 20th child discussion

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ilovepaydays, Nov 8, 2011.

1. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Bravo!

2. ilovesalchows

ilovesalchows Well-Known Member

Its the only jump I was ever able to rotate. I am the Sarah Hughes of single jumps.

Luckily I scoured my toilet this morning. I am being induced tomorrow so I should make it past any toilet births. I was hoping to watch NHK on icenetwork during midnight feedings this weekend.

Thanks for the well-wishes!

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Best wishes!

4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Nooo....Jinger looks like "ringer" except with a "j" sound (like "jingle"), which is not the same as Ginger.

Anyone with a background in linguistics, feel free to step in and explain this in technical terms :lol:

5. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Yeah, me either. It seems pretty obvious to me, and I've never met anyone who didn't read it as Ginger with a j.

The general rule is an e after a g makes the g soft. Eg, range, stranger, etc. Some exceptions are doubling of the g (eg bugger) and the ng dipthong. In the case of the dipthong, it could be pronounced either as a soft or hard g depending. But there's no more reason to read jinger as Jing-er than Jin-ger. Just common sense would tell you the more likely of the two for a female first name.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

when jinger shaves her head and becomes an angry alternative stripper at a wall street rally sit in, she just might go with JING - er, rhymes w ringer. i'm sorry they ran out of j names, but spelling ginger with a j is just stupid.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ahhh that's the World Juniors where Calvez stood on the ice and cried after falling the third time in her QR FS (on the straight line steps). :p

8. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

The funny thing, is they didn't run out with her- she was like the 4th girl.

I'm guessing one of them always wanted a Ginger, but by the 6th kid the J thing was clearly in place, so they went with it.

Though I agree, I've seen names that are MUCH worse. Anyone who watches Toddlers and Tiaras likely has. (Man, I'm glad we got rid of cable again, when I have it, I'm TLC's bitch...)

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Lashiniqua. <3
    It's totally going to be my drag name.

Jeqishenisha. Jeverelle. Jyllene. Jendrelle. Jallena.

Oh the possibilities are endless!

10. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

This just made me laugh so hard, LOL :rofl:

I don't agree with a lot of things regarding this family but I do hope Michelle has a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.

11. my little pony

jujubee trumps all of those!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

JUSTICE.

And when he/she grows up, they can become an instrument of divine justice and blow up abortion clinics.

13. my little pony

what are the odds of jesus de la cruz?

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  14. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Josephine
    June
    Jeremy (or is there already one?)
    Jake
    Julian
    Julius
    Janet
    Jace
    Jerome
    Jackie
    Jacinda
    Jada
    Jaicee
    Jaleel
    Jovanni
    Jager

15. my little pony

even better, jager bomb

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  16. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

jo' mama?

17. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

They actually haven't shown much of the girls' room lately, so I don't know. I know a while back, there was a pretty big uproar over the fact that the toddlers were sleeping in pack n' plays. So perhaps they're not showing the room because of that?

One name that might be suggested (again) if it's a girl: Julie. Jim Bob apparently loves the name and has suggested it for at least the last 4 girls. He gets overruled every time, either by Michelle or by the voting system they've implemented.

And Judah might be high up should it be a boy. Jackson was apparently supposed to be named Judah, but once he was born, they changed their mind. Thank God. Jackson is 5,000x better than Judah.

18. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

My niece's & her husband's names both start with a K so they named their 2 sons with K names. The only problem is, both names are usually spelled with a C. They are both cute names but they look stupid spelled with a K (kind of like Jinger). And kind of effeminent. I hate it when people do cutesy things with names but they didn't ask me.

I think in honor of #20, the Duggar should name the new baby something that doesn't begin with a J. I don't think the sky would fall.

ETA: I had an ancestor named Jubal, which was apparently a pretty common name back then.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  19. overedge

You're related to the Kardashians???

20. overedge

^^This.

21. Ares

Ares Guest

Off to Jesus camp. Considering their lack of access to information (other than what Michelle and JB provide to them), I wonder if they even know gay people exist.

Anyway, I hope all goes well for Michelle and the new baby J.

22. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I know its similar to an already named "J", but my vote goes for Jessica. :p

23. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

They haven't used Jayden, and it's just the trendy kind of name that goes with Jordyn....

Oh, and I think that this is completely irresponsible, and I doubt that Ma Duggar does any/mcuh of the actual parenting. I feel terrible for the daughters who now have to raise another kid they didn't ask for.

24. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

The youngest child, Josie, was a micropreemie. She still looks more than a little bit "off" to me, but she doesn't have the facial features that characterize Down's Syndrome.

25. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

As a mircopreemie myself I looked fairly strange until I was about 3 or 4. Just sayin'. Being in that incubator for months really makes your head shape and ribcage weird; I have permanent problems from it.

26. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Juststop would be my suggestion for a name...

nyrak, Cheylana, jamesy and 9 others like this.
  27. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

:lol:

I wish The TODAY show would stop interviewing the Duggards everytime they have a baby announcement. In fact, just ignore them. The producers have to know they're contributing to the reason why this family continue to pop out babies.

28. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:respec:

30. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

As if they care. More baby announcements = more ratings boosts.