The D-M-V-W Love Thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Cachoo, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

So far both teams have been smart enough to understand and appreciate how much they need each other to keep motivation levels high. I believe they also have a very deep respect for each others' abilities and work ethic. I know I do. Whether or not they are BFFs day in and day out is totally irrelevant.

We are so very lucky to witness this level of ice dancing. Aside from their remarkable talent, both teams are wonderful ambassadors of their sport. I love them both.

2. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

okay ...

if you want news about d/w and don't want to go into the d/w thread and news about v/m and don't want to go into the v/m thread, then i'd recommend the blogs.

grace's d/w blog - meryl-charlie.com
    my v/m blog - compulsorydances.blogspot.com

we find and post all the photos, videos, articles . . . but we don't bash the other team. you can read our blogs without having to put your defences up. grace celebrates d/w's success. i celebrate v/m's success. we're busy recording this time in history for our favourite teams and if i can speak for her, it's not worth it to bring drama.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

As an American, of course I lean just a bit D/W's way, but I'm just glad to see North America dominating ice dance!

4. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

That's a perfect philosophy.

5. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Iggie, I just want you to know that I appreciate all the work you and Grace do recording all this stuff! Thank you for celebrating your favorite team in such a wonderful way.

6. query5

query5 New Member

take my hat off them . both teams.
    keep it up. they great job both of them are doing.

7. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

This is fantastic--Thank you.

8. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I am happy for D/W. I am worried for V/M and hope they are okay. The beauty of the race: These two teams going all out with wonderful programs. But I think the reality is that heartbreak is hard to watch. Re Meryl: She is tiny but so strong. I honestly didn't see how strong until this year. For Tessa and Scott--I look at 4CC as something of a tune-up. If something was to go wrong better here than Worlds. The scoring is so close that it really comes to the judging panel for each contest. Sometimes I think of the pairs G/G and D/M and think it seemed impossible to say that one was better than the other. I have that problem with these two teams. Eternally happy that I am not a judge...

9. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I was thinking that as well.

10. DORISPULASKI

:( Yes, the "one year before Sochi" stuff has already been published. I should be looking forward to it, but I'm not, really, since it may mean the last amateur performances by both teams.

11. lauren329

lauren329 Active Member

Have D/W discussed retiring after Sochi? I know V/M have spoken openly about a likely retirement but I hadn't heard as much from D/W although I'm new to the boards so I might have missed somehting

12. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I am not even going to go down the road thinking about how next year at this time we'll be at the point of saying good bye to at least one of these teams, and quite likely both. I am going into my own bubble and am not coming out of it anytime soon so reality can just take a vacation from me :D

Of course, I was gutted when one of my other favourite teams -- Bourne & Kratz -- retired many years ago. I followed Marie-France & Patrice but not quite as intently as B/K, but did love their chemistry on and off the ice.

I will miss these guys terribly but there are a few teams that I enjoy and will be pulling for -- and yeah, they are from North America! That would be Weaver/Poje and the Shibs. I really like these two teams and they may endear themselves to me as much as all those I listed above. What will be interesting is watching these two teams who are from different camps!

13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I wish SOI and like programs were more popular now so we know we'd see them after they retire. I have to say that 4CC was really not fun when you love both teams. I'm happy for D/W but frankly scared for V/M if her legs give her trouble. I hope it was just a cramp and nothing more. That said I know that sort of cramping is agony. I give them credit for finishing. Weaver/Poje have a bright future---it is nice to hear compliments for the Shibs. I've heard more negative than positive lately. I've enjoyed them so far.

14. DORISPULASKI

I just saw the Shibs gala ex from 4CC's. What a fine, light touch they have with comedy! Surely there are some good programs for them out there...

15. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I really hope they bounce back next year! Love the Shibs!

16. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

I don't think they've really talked about retiring, just about how 2014 Olympic Gold is their goal. The rest has been, iirc, pure speculation and assumption.

17. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

more Shib love here. I really hope things can come together for them because they are immensely talented.

18. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

What a nice thread... I don't usually enter the trashcan but wanted to add my appreciation for both dance teams, having watched V&M as little kids and seeing them pass several of their tests it's been a great journey to watch.. But what has made me a true fan is the competition between Davis and White and Virtue and Moir - this competition is what made me a dance fan and each year I go back and forth with which dance I like the best - typically I will enjoy one teams short and another teams long.. But both teams bring a great fusion of both technique and artistry that has made many, many fans worldwide. I hope both teams skate to the best of their abilities at Worlds..