The comeback of TomᚠVerner (most likely his final season competing)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

New article/interview: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/24/63261304
    Excerpt:

2. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Whee Tomas, have a great great last season! You are an European Champion, and that is a great achievement!

npavel and (deleted member) like this.
  3. watchthis!!

watchthis!! Active Member

I hope he places in the top 10 at the Olympics, or at Worlds at least if he goes. Is Verner a given for these two competitions? Is there a third skater that could cause an upset at his Nationals and bump him? :( :( :(

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

No. There are no other Czech skaters capable of landing 3axels, let alone quads. Brezina and Verner are 100% locks for Olympics barring injuries.

5. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

TOMAS VERNER 2014 OLYMPIC CHAMPION!!!!!!! :encore: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer:

I BELIEVE!!!! :wuzrobbed

Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  6. sequins

sequins New Member

Ah I love Tomas. I'm really hoping he finally has a moment to remember in Sochi.

7. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Yeah. I love his skating but he has a pretty dismal record at Worlds after placing 4th twice. His Olympics outings have been unfortunate for someone of his calibre.

But his Nelepa performances were very encouraging and I hope he can keep the momentum up for the rest of his season.

8. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for Tomas! He's such a beautiful skater, I always have high hopes for him, so here is hoping he finally has "that moment" in Sochi.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

He had a very promising performance at Coupe de Nice. Landed 4toe/3toe and 3axel easily and was skating with quite a lot of freedom in his movement and I was already jumping in my chair about him finally getting his mojo back. And then he doubled the lutz. :slinkaway

Still a good performance but it kinda summed up Verner's issues. He might seem to be in great form, he might be doing very well but the loss of focus can always suddenly pop up unexpected. :(

10. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I hope he has a great season!

11. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

Best wishes for his final season. He's such a wonderful skater.

12. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Known to be amongst the nicest guys on the circuit as well. Wish him well throughout this season

13. mia joy

mia joy New Member

He's always had so much potential, so much promise. He's so incredibly talented I cannot actually believe his career turned out as it did. I have always loved his style. I do miss him doing great, landing his jumps.

And on top of all that, he's such a wonderful person. Not only is he finishing his MBA, but also speaks several foreign languages fluently. Off the ice, he is also one of the loveliest, most approachable skaters I've met, always smiley and nice, throwing jokes here and there, making you feel like you matter and not like you're just one of the zillion fans who have bothered you today.

14. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Hope he has a wonderful final season.

15. Sylvia

Verner won Coupe de Nice yesterday with a total score of 249.79 - here are his videos (from the live stream):

Short Program (83.58) 4T+3T, 3A, 2Lz

Free Skate (166.21)

Re-posting from the Cup of Nice thread in Kiss and Cry:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  16. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Yes, Tomas is back! I love his programs!!!

17. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:respec: This x infinity and beyond. I've always loved Tomas Verner ever since he first came onto the scene; he has all the gifts to make a worthy champion at any event he enters. It is so great to see his career on the comeback trail going so well; let's hope it continues on through Europeans, Olympics, and Worlds (should he choose to attend). Fight the good fight to the end, Tommy Boy, prevail, persevere, and overcome, you gallant gladiator! :cheer2::encore:

18. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I haven't watched any of his programs this season, but I have noticed that he's been winning B competitions, which is a great sign for the rest of the Olympic Season, ole! :smokin::kickass:

19. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

Tomas Verner is probably top 3 to 5 on current form right now...too bad the Olympics aren't in October.

20. museksk8r

I totally agree! The way he is skating right now compared to everyone else at the moment, he could easily win Olympic bronze, perhaps even silver. Patrick Chan is the only man who has truly impressed me this season so far (with his performance at Skate Canada). Yuzuru Hanyu looked really good at Finlandia, but Skate Canada left a lot to be desired. Yeah Machida landed his jumps and displayed terrific consistency at Skate America, but his style leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO. GO TOMAS! Right now he is my dream pick to win Olympic silver. Please Verner keep it together all the way through the rest of the season; he is so capable!! :encore:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  21. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks for posting the videos, Sylvia. Tomas's programs are amazing! Wishing him nothing but the best! :)

22. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Tomas is not going to Worlds, Olympics will be his farewell event.

23. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Tomas needs to just retire already, and stop embarrassing himself.

24. Sylvia

:confused: Did you not bother to read any posts in this thread before writing the above?

25. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Nothing at Sochi would make me happier!

26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That is a real shame. I think that he still has more to give.

27. museksk8r

And you should stop embarrassing yourself by posting asinine comments like this one. :rolleyes:

28. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

him and Carolina Kostner doing well :encore:

29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

If he does have a solid season, perhaps he can finally get that world medal when some top men retire after Sochi.

30. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

I doubt a medal, but if this season's competitions are anything to go by Verner could have a very decent end of the career with the worlds .

BTW, who are the men who retire after Sochi? Pluschenko, Verner... Joubert? Takahashi?