The Celebrity Apprentice Bat Sh** crazy

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by mysticchic, Mar 7, 2011.

1. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

That means they're probably going to win.

2. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Team John is faced with the band manager issue and it appears that the band doesn't show up on time for the event. And team Marlee is challenged by the possible cancellation of their 7-up icon. Based on past scenarios regarding last-minute issues that arose in the final task - which are perhaps engineered by Trump - they will be satisfactorily resolved.

I like Team Marlee's print campaign and can designer better than Team John's, but Team John appears to have the better commercial. Meat Loaf has sort of missed the mark in the commercial.

I can't see John losing this, especially since Marlee's leadership is already being questioned by her team. There is going to be more support for John winning among the other contestants than there is for Marlee.

3. VIETgrlTerifa

Between this, the Onstar commercial, and the way Meatloaf was so gung-ho about Mark McGrath's idea about the pirates for Australian Gold, it seems as though Meatloaf always misses the mark.

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Random sighting: LaToya in a bar last night, in earnest discussion with several other people in suits. She looked surprisingly good close up!

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

NeNe is in attendance for the finale. She was reminded on the Today Show this morning that Trump said Star kicked her ass.

NeNe said Trump has had his ass kicked too.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  6. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Wow, both Marlee and John's events looked pretty darn good. Too bad about the Def Leppard mishap, but it still looked like a lot of fun.

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:rofl: :respec:

8. lise

lise New Member

who do you think will win?

9. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Marlee, but I was also rooting for Haley on AI and Kyle on DWTS recently so I don't have a good track record :eek:

10. Cheylana

I haven't been following much this season but it sounds like John has the momentum. Raising money during the final task seemed to have impressed Trump greatly and helped smooth over the Def Leppard hiccup in his event. And Meatloaf and LaToya were on Team Marlee but couldn't bring themselves to tell Trump they thought Marlee should win? Sheesh!

11. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Hoping for Marlee too, but it looks like John has this.

12. lise

lise New Member

I'm rooting for Marlee; she's my all time favorite actress. :)

13. Cheylana

So John wins.

Well, the good news is that they each raised over $1 million for their respective charities. That is terrific. Well done to both of them! :)

14. duane

duane New Member

I would have been happy for either finalist, but think John deserved the win. He did an overall better job.

15. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Well my record stands. Apologizes in advance to Kirstie Alley, the Vancouver Canucks and belated ones to Sasha :slinkaway

16. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Was hoping for Marlee, but John is a deserving winner. While Marlee is not that great at delegating, she impressed me with her ability to stay out of the fray of emotional and dramatic entertainers and reality personalities. I also cringed at her reliance on Meatloaf.

With John, he pulled the best out of the other celebs and seemed to be determined in ways that didn't come across in Marlee. My major complaint with him is probably one of the things Trump preferred about him. His competitive nature brought out some statements that I found rude and not all that necessary. In arguing for his place (and this goes for Marlee too), I appreciate his dedication to his charity. However, the worthiness of his charity is not a factor for his winning a show like this in my opinion. To say his charity is better because it saves lives doesn't seem like a good argument to me. I'm not knocking his charity. I just think that his argument would be better placed in touting his own accomplishments rather than comparing charitable mission statements.

However, Trump is not one for politically correct language or behavior. Congrats to John Rich.

17. Cheylana

Totally agree with this; it was not at all necessary for him to go there.

18. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

I'm very pleased that John Rich is the new Celebrity Apprentice. ITA with whoever it was that said Marlee had the best week but John had the best season. He totally deserved the win.

19. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I wasn't watching. Can you explain what happened? I saw the commercial where they announce Def Leppard and then ....... nothing. What happened?

20. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Before announcing the winner, Trump said, "I'm going to do something I've never done before". Then there was the reality TV pause before Trump declared John Rich the winner and then the show ended. So what was it that Trump never did before??

Def Leppard's start time was 7pm and John Rich finished his presentation at 6:40, introduced Def Leppard and...nothing happened. Not sure why JR started his (short) presentation when Def Leppard were not even in the building... :confused:

21. DianeO

DianeO New Member

I'm glad John Rich won. He really deserved it, he was consistently great throughout the season. Marlee, on the other hand, I feel never quite lived up to the "project manager" title. I mean, in that last task (and her previous one) Meatloaf totally took over. I was surprised that wasn't brought up again at the final boardroom.

22. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I noticed that as well and I couldn't figure it out. Could it have been that he said that John was the winner and never said Marlee was fired?

23. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I believe it was that he didn't fire Marlee. It wasn't as exciting as he was letting on, as what does it really mean that she wasn't fired. She didn't win. She still lost. She just didn't have him staring at her and saying she was fired.

24. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Yep, tweet from Don the son:

25. Calico

Calico New Member

Did Donald ever say which campaign the 7-up execs liked best? He gave pros/cons on each but never gave a verdict. Could have been important to the final hiring.

I also thought he said the commercials would be run again following the end of the show. In my area, they did not.

26. VIETgrlTerifa

I thought John Rich was sort of overrated. His 7-Up task was far below Matlin's, IMO, but it seemed like the 7-Up final task was sort of ignored which gave Rich the advantage over Matlin. I mean the only hiccup Matlin had was that she trusted Meatloaf's creativity, but maybe she felt like she had to because she couldn't actually hear how the commercial sounded.

27. Cheylana

:lol: Trump made it sound like he was going to do something really momentous, like like declare them co-winners, or something. Though after the Season Four finale debacle, I don't suppose he'll try that again, lol.

28. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Interesting that the article slams Randal for making the decision he did. While I thought both Randal and Rebecca were worthy candidates and I would have supported hiring both, it was despicable for Trump to ask Randal to share the crown, as it were. Randal was right - there is only supposed to be one winner. Of course it's Trump's right to change the rules, but if that';s what he wanted he should have come out and said it was a tie. To name someone the winner and then ask them to share was tacky x 11.

29. Cheylana

I agree, although it did produce one of the best lines ever on that show: "It's not the Apprenti, it's the Apprentice." :rofl:

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  30. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Randal sucked in his season (although Stefani was worse), hiring him was Trump trying to be PC (IMHO).

I was rooting for Marlee because I do not like John Rich's attitude and demeanor in general. He can get very unnecessarily defensive and the way he put down Marlee's charity was very off putting. However I do agree he did a better job overall, raising money on the last task was brilliant!

Hate Trump, but enjoy the show for the train wreck that the show is, a total guilty pleasure :lol:. Although there was a brief moment he did warm up to me, and that was when he announced that both Ivanka and Don were expecting more babies.