The Carolina Kostner Thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jiggs, Apr 14, 2012.

1. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I would like to see her skate to the Mozart program she won the World title with.
    It seemed to calm her. She needs to be calm......................
  2. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I loved that program (Mozart) for her as well, and agree that a calmness would highlight her cool elegance and speed. I especially loved the dramatic triple loop.
  3. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Her Faun program was done by Nichol too ;) if you're insinuating that Nichol does bad work.
  4. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

She must go back to one of the other long program of this olympiad....Mozart is my favorite piece of ladies figure skating choreography of all time so I am incredibly biased towards it, though any from this Olympiad would work. In fact...truly this long program is her worst since 2004 IMO...not the skating quality, but the program in and of itself. It it so clear by her body and facial expression that she does not engage with it, and the choreography has no life of its own...please change Caro, go out on a high note...
  5. Geh

Geh Live in Guardian Angel

Mozart, please! Mozart!!!
  6. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I think that Mozart and Faun are her two best programs, so either of them would be great to go back to. But I think that she'll probably go back to Bolero since it's most recent and will still be in her muscle memory.
  7. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

Carolina never said she is changing her programs.
    here are her message
    "Dear friends, we shall inform you that Carolina will not compete at the Universiade (World University Games): she took this decision alongside with her coach because the event schedule would not fit properly into her training schedule towards the most important events of the season. Stay tuned for the next updates!"
    all the rest is pure speculation by the press.
    Once she said she didn't feel really comfortable with the bolero, but she wonted to challenge herself and test new borders. This year she feels her programs are really fitting her and she loves them. She had an injury but feels better now, she is just a little late in preparation. She will be at Nationals witch this year is at about one hour car-drive from her home town and I'm sure a lot of people will be there to cheer for her and has the opportunity to see her skating live.
  8. msadot

msadot New Member

ANY program will bring her a medal: Bolero, Tartini, Mozart, Humoresque n Sheherazade ALL made her earn a podium. She said these two reflect her better than Bolero n Tartini. I think we'll wait and see at the nationals.
    IF I had to change, I would pick the one who made me earn the world medal; STILL, some say this may spoil the memory and might represent a risky step. Also, muscles need to memorialize it, too.
    npavel and (deleted member) like this.
  9. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I still think Faun or Mozart would have the best PCS potential, but whatever she loves the best must be the best program to skate at Sochi. If so is Shehe, let her go with it. She'll feel comfortable and satisfied. I wonder if her goal at Sochii is to express her joy on the ice regardless of the results. She's mentioned to the joy to skate and appreciation to the supporters from time to time. (Even after the rather disappointing long program at CoR, she mentioned to them.) It's all about skating. She is such a great skater and an artist. I do wish her the best to show her skate of life at Sochi.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  10. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I'd love for her to re-use either Debussy or Mozart.

However, she'd need to alter them to fit the ridiculous choreographic sequence rule.
  11. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Good point. There's flexibility though. Mozart was not so chock-full of content that it would not be such an effort IMO
  12. jiggs

jiggs New Member

It's been reported on raisport.it that Caro has withdrawn from Nationals next weekend due to injury. It seems the back injury she has had throughout the summer/fall has worsened again and she doesn't want to take any risk ... such a shame :(

Wishin her a speedy recovery!!!
  13. Sk8swan

Sk8swan Well-Known Member

14. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

15. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Oh my God ! So sad.
    Hope she will be back really soon, in great shape.
    Forza Carolina !
  16. museksk8r

museksk8r Well-Known Member

*sigh* I noticed this first on facebook. *trying to think only positive thoughts and sending positive energy and good health Carolina's way* Get better very soon, Miss Kostner!
    npavel and (deleted member) like this.
  17. rosewood

:( Hope her quick and full recovery. I wish she shows her best performances at her final Olympics.

With Google translator maybe it says that Caro visits Rome with her team mates on December 18th to attend events organized by Olympic Committee. She plans to undergo the the necessary inquiries as to her therapeutic current physical condition.
    http://sport.sky.it/sport/altri_spo..._carolina_rinuncia_campionati_italiani.html#_

Caro is also scheduled to The Gala 2013 held on December 29th in Bozen. She might skip this show, too.
    http://www.icegala.it/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=9&lang=DE
  18. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I saw that this thread had new posts, and came here in hopes to find news of Carolina's training, changes to her programs, or something like that. But this news is not encouraging at all :(. What is it with Carolina and her bad luck in Olympic seasons/Olympics themselves? I truly hope that it's not too serious and she can be ready for Euros and Olympics.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  19. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

20. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

That's a terrible news. I had not seen this until now. I hope she recovers soon. It will be a tragedy if she cannot skate in Sochi. I really see her as the dark horse there (to win) but with this new injury I am concerned.
  21. jiggs

jiggs New Member

22. msadot

msadot New Member

Ja, Shez seems to be still on. :) Hope she'll use Ave Maria as her Gala program, least for Sochi: could you "Imagine" Caro n Yuna skating the same song?
    In Selva (video disappeared) she skated Imagine wearing the Humoresque outfit.

AND... she never stopped skating, Jig: Rome, Selva Val Gardena, Merano, Oberst, ... simply, she is focusing on Sochi. Partly I am glad she was not in Merano, because this allowed Vale Marchei to win her 5th title. And Roberta Rodeghiero to reach the bronze.
  23. Sk8swan

Sk8swan Well-Known Member

Mmmm as far as I know she didn't skate in Rome... She skated in Selva on the 27th after taking some break to heal and rest...
    She was in Rome just to attend Italian Olympic Committee celebrations for the upcoming Olympics.
  24. msadot

msadot New Member

She never stopped training and skating. And obviously she paid a visit to "her" ice rink, Axel.

I said it and Alto Adige did not disappoint.

Pic with the most important person in her life: Ms. Mancini.
    In 500 sotto la pioggia al Mercatino per Carolina - Cronaca - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/1dQBLJC

MAYBE... Carolina: ┬źDopo Sochi potrei anche rallentare┬╗ - Sport - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/19EtngZ

I am a bit confused: according to the interview (Dec 30 Morning), she did not know whether to propose Shez or not; but in the evening she skated it.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  25. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Her Ave Maria program is so stunning, I hope she skates it in Sochi. The dress in particular looks amazing on her and helps contribute to her seeming like she is floating :)
  26. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Did you mean as the SP or LP?
  27. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Oh no I meant in the gala (assuming she gets to skate in it)! Though it wouldn't make a bad competition program either.
  28. museksk8r

museksk8r Well-Known Member

Thank heavens for Carolina! She gives such grand life and emotion to everything she skates. There is a beauty and sophistication with her that I don't see with the other ladies, save Akiko Suzuki. They both connect so well with their music choices, as if the performance comes from their souls. I think I would be overcome with tears of joy if both Kostner and Suzuki managed to skate personal bests in Sochi. It would surely be my dream for the ladies division, along with a podium of Kostner, Suzuki, and Wagner.
  29. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

The Ave Maria program looked to me like a short program. She started straight away and went to 3T ( eventual 3t+3t ), the it looked like she was going around for 3lo but then did a spiral instead. I wouldnt be surprised if she has changed her sp to this ave maria.

Scheherazade is clearly staying. Saw some different choreography that i would like to see in the program
  30. David21

David21 Well-Known Member

I agree :)
  31. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I hope she will use a different outfit for Schez
  32. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Best she's interpreted the character of Scheherazade all season! Finally the seductive passion is coming out. I wish she'd trim a few more seconds from this edit and turn it into a SP. It'll be a lot more successful
  33. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

She has her mojo back! Major love on both performances.

And now if she would just land those jumps...
  34. lala

lala Well-Known Member

35. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

36. rosewood

with google translator:
    RT @ msKOSTNER: Tomorrow, January 3, 21:10 pm do not miss the replica integral OPERA ON ICE 2013 LA 5!

I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier. :shuffle:
  37. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

38. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

It can't be in August, because then it would clash with 'All That Skate Summer' (not this season, since the only 'All That Skate' show was at the end of June), then at the beginning of September there is usually the second edition of 'Fantasy on Ice' in Japan - of course, most of the skaters who skate in 'Opera on Ice' don't skate in those shows, but Lambiel (who is the second star of 'Opera on Ice' besides Carolina) does, also Shizuka Arakawa (she usually skates in 'Fantasy on Ice'). But perhaps that's not even the main reason, a more significant reason may be that there are other events at the arena of Verona that can't be scheduled in a different time. And there may be more reasons.
  39. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Skaters do pre-season and in-season shows all the time, and Carolina used to compete at Nebelhorn in the past, which of course is right before the GP. I doubt Opera on Ice would have affected her preparation, she's a veteran competitor and knows what she's doing.
  40. msadot

msadot New Member

Her manager, the most important person of her life, thought this show for her. The show is September and she begins to promote it in February, with usual monthly mentions. I'll tell you more: she attended galas in Sleva, Bozen and Oberstdorf. Well, he already signed the autographs for the fourth opera on ice.
    Also, there are shows in this period, too; with skaters busy in Nationals and Europeans and similar.