The Bachelorette, Season 9----Desiree's search for a true love forever on TV

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, May 23, 2013.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Thought Desiree's search for a her 3 month TV boyfriend deserved its own thread. Season begins on Monday, May 27th.

You can read more about the guys here:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/bios

Yes Reality Steve has spoiled the entire season again and yes I have read the spoilers. I'll keep my moth shut for those that want to watch this unspoiled.

In other bachelor/ette news:

Meredith has been sober for 150 days.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20702473,00.html

And has anyone been watching Jimmy Kimmel's "The Baby Bachelor" on his show!?!? Very funny what he has done with his little nephew Wesley!

2. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I swear they choose the bachelors partly for weird names--or they bestow odd names on them for the show--or multiple guys with similar/same names, just to confuse the viewers (and probably the Bachelorette, too). Bryden? Diogo? And then we have Micah, Michael, Mikey, and Mike. And two Zachs and two Nicks.

3. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think when this happens, the Bachelorette should have the choice of going for the two-for-one option.

4. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I hope she immediately kicks off the jerk who shows up in the suit of armor I've seen in the commercials. I would kick him off just for being an idiot. Don't care to know anything else about him, doing that is just stooopid and frankly, just from that commercial clip, and not even seeing anything else about who that person is, I immediately think "arrogant little prick".

5. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I also didn't like the guy who shows up showing off his body.

6. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

ohmigosh, I just hate it when men take off their clothes on this show!!! Or not... :shuffle:

7. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

8. Catherine M

9. Catherine M

Didn't really watch Sean's season so this is my first real look at Desiree.

I find her hair quite tragic but other than that I guess she's all right. I'm mainly watching for all the man code violations!

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't normally insult the hair, but didn't she have a stylist?

:eek: at the prosecutor climbing around the fountain and :yikes: at the social media guy with all of the hash tags. Good grief some of these guys are idiots.

Oh great, the fantasy suite card guy is giving NC a bad name.

Is this the first time someone brought their child to the introductions? Using your child in that way is just icky.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  11. Catherine M

Yes the kid coming out the limo is a first. Other single dads have only talked about their kid. And you could tell she wasn't all that thrilled.

12. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Oh my!! Most of these men look like complete idiots. (And they're not particularly good looking, either.) looks like a "meh" season

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:duh: Fantasy Suite guy is either a total idiot or was a complete setup. I think some of both.

14. Catherine M

Desiree really didn't get a lot to choose from. Lots of weirdos cast this time around.

15. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

The men being idiots is what makes this show fun. I think this is one the most entertaining first episodes this show has had in a long time

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think the promo for the "Bleachable Moments" really says it all about this episode, if not season. :scream:

I'm :huh: at how dumb most of them seem. There are always weirdos and eccentrics with gimmicks. But usually there's a few men that appear intelligent. The ones without a gimmick seemed to even forget to say their name.

17. Catherine M

They didn't even try to hide who makes it far in the promo. I guess they know now with Reality Steve and Jimmy Kimmel giving away the season why bother really hiding things.

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

To me they all look the same. :lol:

They are really amping up the drama aren't they? Unfortunately watching the promos is much more exciting than the actual season itself.

19. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

I love Desiree. Looks like at least a couple descent guys. Really happy with who she sent home .... especially fantasy suite guy.

20. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Did #annoying get a rose?

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Good question. I bet he did. :yikes: If not, he needs to hang out with Mariah Carey, she tried so hard to make "hashtag pow" happen on AI. They could console each other or come up with #newplantobeannoying. :scream:

22. Catherine M

Yes #annoying got a rose.

At this stage, Des probably has 3 or 4 guys she really wants to get the know and the rest are all filler.

23. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Ugh!!! And I agree, a couple guys worth pursuing seriously but the rest might as well go next week.

24. Catherine M

I've been reading some of the post show comments on other sites and its pretty universal agreement that Fleiss has stuck Desiree with the worst bunch of Bachelors ever. Have to agree as there really wasn't anyone that screamed "must get to know this guy better". Oh well, Des has to know the odds that she follows in Trista and Ashley's footsteps are slim to none so she might as well enjoy the free travel and try not to loose her mind.

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I only saw a few pretty faces in the bios of the guys. I hope the bods are better!

26. Catherine M

I thought Juan Pablo was the only really good looking guy fully clothed. Zak the naked guy has a great body but not the face to match it. The others were either meh or I need to see less clothing to make a decision on their potential!

27. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

From the bios, Juan Pablo was my #1 choice, then Brooks/Drew, then it looked like 2-3 others might be cute, but it was a bad shot or bad hair day. But that is it.

28. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I liked Chris, Dan, Drew & Robert. Notice the bachelors were all dark haired except for the one with the crewcut? I imagine that is a preference of Des"s? I tho't that Dr. was creepy as well as the Fantasy Suite kid.

29. Catherine M

The ratings were horrible, less than 6 million. Could be cause of the Memorial day holiday or could be people are finally tired of the retred theme and want someone new from outside the franchise. Fleiss should think about doing a pseudo-celebrity next time around for the Bachelor cause as of right now no one from Des' 2-3-4 group seem Bachelor material, IMHO.

30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It is getting a bit dull - how about a sports "celeb" (but not Lochte) or too bad Bachelor didn't get that Plain White Ts guy before Eva Longoria ruined him. Did anyone ever hear how that turned out? Has it finished running online?