The Bachelor--Season 14

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Oct 14, 2009.

1. talldrink

talldrink New Member

Is that a joke Peter G? In case you are being serious.....

I think they are crazy, OK not DSM IV crazy, but crazy as in delusional, because the deck is stacked against them from the start that they will find true love. AND, in the meantime, they will most certainly be VERY disappointed in the process and they will end up being rejected! That's what I meant!!

2. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Ali is from my hometown area. http://www.buddytv.com/ali-fedotowsky.aspx Her mom was in my place of work showing us all pictures in one of the magazines, said she couldn't say too much on how it turns out because she had to sign a confidenciality paper. While I don't know Ali at all, she looks like a cute girl and I told her mom that I hoped that the girls weren't to mean to her and she said that there was just one girl that she really didn't get along with at all! (no surprise to me) They are having a viewing party at a local restaurant and we were all invited, but I'd rather watch from the comfort of my own home.

3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I was joking. I could have used a ;) at the end of my post, but I thought it was funnier without. :lol: I love the crazies early on, but when the numbers are whittled down from ten to five, that's when I want that part of the entertainment to conclude. Don't want the obvious drama in the top 5 for sure.

Found an article about one of Jake's gals having fun with a crew member while having to wait around for Jakey-poo:

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2009/12/30/the-bachelor-contestant-cheats-on-jake-with-crew-member/

Another tidbit from the same article:

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  4. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Boy are you in luck, as this gem will appear right after the Bachelor http://abc.go.com/shows/conveyor-belt-of-love :watch:

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Conveyor Belt of Love???? The synopsis sounds so tacky!

of course I'll prob. still watch :slinkaway

I have to say that I :lol: when the Bachelor has an extra title. Who can forget The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman" or The Bachelor: "London Calling"...

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I totally remember the Cat lady - she made the Soup at the time I seem to recall. A classic.
    Falling over myself for Conveyor Belt of Love. I can't wait!

9. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I was reading an article that Chris Harrison gave about this season. He said Jake is very spiritual, and many of the ladies followed suit. So he said there's less crazy than in past seasons, although there is still SOME crazy - but more emotional rather than "let's get naked and jump into the pool" crazy.

FWIW

10. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that Jake's journey for finding true love forever starts tonight!!

Lots of drama coming with lots of tears! Yay, I love it when they cry!!

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Amen!!

13. Catherine M

Everyone take a drink when Jake's on without his shirt this season!!!

14. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

And so the train wreck begins. Jake's been on all the morning shows, saying something about he stayed true to himself, and that you don't have to pick someone at the end. hmmmmm......

15. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Here's hoping this is a season of MANY bathroom breaks!! :40beers: :D

16. Catherine M

Great first episode, IMHO. Lots of crazies, some nice girls and of course we have a couple of them who fall in love getting out of the limo.

Gut feeling on who the "cheater" is.
    For me, Rozlyn (the model from Virgina) edit really seemed to be heading that way.

17. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Okay Peter.. I am gonna have to watch this train wreck now.. don't know Jake as don't usually watch this - but there literally is nothing else on and I'm sick of the news.. the sexual exploits within the house have now made me curious.. plus I find the women interesting - they are all quite similar in their need for attention .. :yikes: I'm trying to figure out which one it is...

18. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Welcome.

Hope you're not allergic to peroxide. :D

19. icedance21

icedance21 New Member

I can't decide which is trashier: the train wreck The Bachelor or the train wreck Conveyor Belt of Love that follows The Bachelor. :rofl:

20. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

Um, switched The Bachelor off right away, but I love Conveyor Belt of Love. Hilarious. That Keiko is craaazy in a really entertaining way. She's got great comic timing.

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

OK how interesting is it that Jake eliminated both of the pilots right out of the gate? Paging Dr Freud!!

My bet on the cheater is Elizabeth from Nebraska - the nanny who go the football game going. Rozzlyn is also a good bet. But did I hear it right that one of them has several children she's hiding? After Jake's role in last season's dramz, I'm surprised anyone is pulling that kind of scam.

Producer's picks have got to by Psycho Michelle, Vienna I Wish My Name Was Paris, and Jellybean Christina. I loved how Jake said, "I'm going to take a few risks," which thanks to FSU fans enlightening me last season, I understood immediately as "a few roses will go to people I don't really like that much."

Interesting final montage for the season preview - do they normally offer that much? Or have they just given in to the fact that the uberfans have already figured the whole thing out before it even starts? I said to hubby when they showed Jake at his house that fans likely already have it tracked on Google Earth - "no seriously, I'm not kidding."

Because it seemed to me that if I had taken the time to stop and rewind and check off a list of bachelorettes, I'd have it narrowed down to 2-3 by now, and would likely have the various cheaters/shady types isolated as well.

22. Catherine M

It was interesting that he had no desire to get to know either pilot. I guess they just aren't his "type". And I totally think that by the end of the night, he had his top 6/7 picked out, the ones he really wants to date and the rest are all filler that the producers encourage him to pick for the show's sake.

The "this season on the Bachelor" clip has been getting more and more detailed as the seasons go on, its as if Fleiss doesn't care anymore that the end can be determined by uber fans with a DVR and the ability to read screencaps that would make the CIA and FBI green with envy.

I, as a spoiler, love that Fleiss gives it all away but if you don't want to know, do not watch closely as it was very easy to see who went far just by the naked eye. There was one girl who was so obvious it was laughable.

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

eys, I thought
    Alli was really
    obvious.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

25. Catherine M

Anyone who wishes to remain unspoiled, Do NOT read Reality Steve's blog this season as he is pissed at ABC again and has decided to spoil the entire season. He said that he has an inside source about what goes down with
    Rozlyn
    and the producer and he's going to tell all. Plus he knows the boot order and who is final 1-2-3-4. How he can get someone to go against their contract is beyond me but just like Jason's season, someone on the inside has decided to spill.

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

That was my initial guess too. I guess it will all go down next week, according to CH's blog.

I too was really surprised that the previews were so detailed and the girls were easy to identify.

27. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Okay that Michelle girl has crazy written all over her! And I'm not an overly huge fan of the Mom from.. is it Louisiana? She seems like a wound up elastic ready to snap at any given moment. I really like Ali though.. she seems like a nice girl. Looks like a lot of drama this season.. mind you they always say that :lol:

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I loved Conveyor Belt of Love - it was hilarious.

29. heckles

heckles Banned Member

30. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I won't be taking alcoholic drinks....I'd soon need my stomach pumped.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010