The Bachelor--Season 14

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Well its official, Jake is the new Bachelor. He and his lovelies will be coming to a TV near you in January.

Word is that ABC has been looking for a pilot for awhile so no big surprise that he got the gig over Reid & Kip though there have been some rumblings on FORT that both Reid and Kip turned ABC down.

Jake wasn't a favorite during Jillian's season but that won't keep me from watching as I find the whole process quite scripted now and just watch for the snarking and bad fashion choices!

Kristin Baldwin isn't a fan either:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/10/13/jake-is-the-new-bachelor/

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I'll watch but it might be the most EEEEEeeeeeew season ever.

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

This is a good choice - I'm sure there are plenty of women who would be happy to snag a handsome pilot sometime actor wannabe family man ;)

The problem with Kip is that he doesn't have a real job (at least I can't remember him having one), and he seems to lack in a bit of emotion, which is so necessary for this show. Jake has already shown he can wrestle with his emotions and even shed a few tears.

Reid appeals to some but not others, and being in Philly RE isn't quite a sexy as a pilot with an accent, no?

Plus, we've never met Jake's family, so that's a whole new thing, and he'll get to take them on some interesting dates if he's doing the flying.

I might actually have to watch this :)

4. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yes, Jake will throw himself into this whole-heartedly. Reid and Kip might have been too reserved for the producer's tastes.

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Being a nice and compassionate guy, I can see him going into agonies when he has to eliminate women as the season goes on.

As I think about it, I'm kinda curious as to what kind of women he will go for - someone he can take home to mom, or someone who will compensate for his boring side?

The making out might be awkward though - but who knows, he might surprise us!

Last season sucked me in so bad I thinking I'm already looking forward to this.

6. Catherine M

Someone posted on FORT that Reid posted on facebook last night that being the Bachelor "just wasn't for him" or something like that. So yeah, I agree, his neurotic, reserved personality didn't mesh very well with the concept of the show. And the same with Kip. Neither one was a good fit for the way the show is produced now. And I think they both knew that.

And It will be interesting to see how Jake fares with the making out with multiple girls. I can't see him pulling a Bob but he might surprise us all! And I'll admit, he's looking really cute in all his ABC media release pictures.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

ooo goody! Early thoughts:

There are three women associated with the flight industry, which will no doubt piss off all the models and account managers because in theory he'll get to know them first. One is a flight attendant (Kathryn), so might be intimidated by the commercial pilot (Sheila) and the captain with the Air National Guard (Elizabeth), but she's a *corporate* flight attendant and might have a bit more experience in entertaining men ... although the commercial pilot is only 25, so what could she be flying? Then again, what does Jake actually fly?

Two good Canadian girls, so will have to root for them. Tiana is a medical technician from the west, while Jessie is in cosmetics from a fairly well-to-do suburb of Toronto.

Bitch potential from Gia the NY-based swimsuit model and Kim, the NBA dancer, and I'm not buying that Kristen is only 25.

Elizabeth the LA-based nanny from Nebraska would seem to be a good fit in the tradition of Tiger's formerly perfect life, and oddly, there's a 32 year old "homemaker," Valisha. One wonders what she's living on, and who is minding her home while she's away.

And is it me, or does Tenley look familiar? Have we seen her on something else?

10. Catherine M

11. Catherine M

Jake is a pilot for ASA, one of the regional airlines that fly out of DFW; so he pilots those 50 seater jets to small town USA. I don't know what airline Sheila is employed by but I'm sure the gang over at FORT will figure it out and when they do, I'll be sure to post.

I think Kathryn can be an early contender as she's orginally from Kentucky and will have that southern charm going for her.

OMG, Kristen totally has to be pushing 40!!! I won't believe she's 25 unless her REAL birth certificate is produced by ABC!

12. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Somehow the Bachelor/Bachelorette always seems to attract some people with really. . . well, ODD names. Channy? Valisha? All the photos look massively retouched as well, but that's nothing new. I haven't watched this for several seasons but I somehow can't keep away from the little bits of gossip surrounding this fake-search-for-a-spouse journey/fantasy/dream come true.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

14. Catherine M

Ok, spent some time this weekend lurking over at FORT, to see what the gang has come up with pre-show.

ABC is promoting something very "shocking" to have taken place early on. Rumor is that
    1. one of the contestants has a fling with a crew member or 2. two of the girls hook up. Will be interesting to see what happened and how Fleiss will spin it!

And of course I looked at the thread about who goes far. If anyone is interested in who is on the list, PM me!!

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Thanks Catherine! I like spoilers about the people and what happens on the show, but not the actual boot order/who wins, so thanks for keeping those separate.

16. Aaron MB Fan

Aaron MB Fan Active Member

Looks like Jessie is from my home town where I grew up. It would be interesting if she makes it far into the competition and they film her back home with the family!

17. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Ashleigh is from the town where I grew up. (well, Potomac, MD anyway, there was no North Potomac then, just farms.)

18. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Catherine M

New York Post article about the "shocking" event this season. If you don't want to know, don't read but FYI, no names are mentioned so it won't spoil who goes when:

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainme...ght_with_kH5JdY09CL72jgMstsoCyK#ixzz0azSzQR5k

And FWIW, Jake did not appeal to me at all on Jillian's season but I have to admit, the more I snoop around on FORT and see the caps and look at the previews, he's starting to grow on me! Must be cause he looks so nice in his uniform!!

20. rudi

rudi Well-Known Member

As usual, I'll be on board again. :cool: (I don't even pretend to myself anymore that I am going to try not to watch this.)

I like Jake; I just hope I don't end up not liking him, like when Bob became The Bachelor, and we found out he was really not so cool after all. :)

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Me too rudi, I always promise myself I'm not going to watch, but somehow I find myself hooked/trainwreck fascinated 3 eppies in...

I don't care that much for Jake, he always appeared to be trying much too hard, but maybe he'll relax since he's not competing....

Not to be OT, but have Jillian and Ed broken up yet?

22. Catherine M

They are still together. And will be making a special guest appearance during the preview episode of Jake's quest for true love forever.

Guess Ed will be giving Jake some tips on how to juggle multiple girls at one time. Not sure what Jillian can offer.

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol:

24. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? I will be tuned in for every moment of the instant profession of undying love, baby-making desires, boozing, "I can yodel", "she's here for the wrong reasons", no- really: this is THE most shocking rose ceremony ever bat-sh*t craziness!

My seatbelt is fastened and my tray table is in it's upright and locked position. Bring it on!!!!

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I thought Jake was a little bit eeeewwww in Jillian's season. He is good looking though. But I have stopped trying to talk myself out of watching the Bachelor. At least most of the other dating shows I watched have gone away.

26. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I tune into the Bachelor threads just to read about people saying, "I'm never going to watch this show again!" :lol:

agalisgv, Rob, orientalplane and 3 others like this.
  27. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Wrong thread

28. talldrink

talldrink New Member

I ALWAYS watch. I'm one educated, professional female that ALWAY watches. I don't apologize anymore. However, I think the women that go ont he show are CRAZY

29. Catherine M

don't care anymore too about having to defend my watching crappy reality TV dating shows! I work hard and at the end of the day, I like to be amused by crazy ass girls going on some show and then crying when the bachelor dumps them after spending all of 15 minutes with him! Good times. And I watch the Bachelorette for the eye candy!

and I'd love to see a couple of the more train-wreck dating shows come back.

30. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:confused:

Really?

What makes you say that??