The Ashley Wagner Cheer Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by bronwynsings, Aug 23, 2013.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

From your lips...

But shhhhh...

2. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I'll be missing the ladies at Nationals due to work this year, so fingers crossed for Ashley!

3. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Let's Go Ashley!! :cheer::cheer2::respec:

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Go Ashley! Win!!!

5. bronwynsings

According to TSL, both Ashley and Gracie skated clean long programs during practice today. Good to hear for Ashley! :)

:kickass: at nationals and be the champion we know you are Ashley! :cheer: :cheer2:

6. rosewood

rosewood Whoa! Samurai battles!

Go Ashley. :cheer2::cheer::cheer2:

7. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Sadly Gracie always seems to leave it at practice when it comes to skating clean. Maybe we will see a different Gracie on Thursday. She will need it because i have a feeling the other top Ladies are going to bring it and she can't hold back and skate scared.

8. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Woah I just read Phil Hersh's piece on Ashley... Her parents are divorced now, and she split up with her boyfriend recently?

I'm also shocked that Artunian didn't know who Ashley was when Ashley called him for a coaching lesson... Guess it makes sense since he wasn't coaching any top ladies skater at the time.

9. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

10. bronwynsings

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I hear ya. I don't know if I can watch. May be I should schedule a longer day at work. :drama:

12. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Thanks for those links. They were really wonderful.
    She is soooo great. I really love her drive, her exuberance, her work ethic.....oh and her skating :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

Me too, I'm already nervous. I can imagine how the skaters feel.

14. bronwynsings

15. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Normally don't like these things but they did a good job with this one. I also heard that it's supposed to air on TV (I don't know if it will be the whole thing or just a 30 sec clip) during Nationals as well

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Ashley is awesome. When I grow up, I want to be like Ashley. Oh wait... :shuffle:

17. bronwynsings

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

She can come back in the free.

19. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Ashley can come back in the free. I think she is more of a LP skater anyways. :)

20. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Pretty shocking results. I wonder what the USFSA will do if Ashley somehow ended up 4th (which I still dont think she will). I think she would be named to the team anyway and the 3rd place finisher would be bumped.

21. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I think so and hope so. Nothing against the 4th place finisher - whoever she may be- but Ashley has a better potential for the podium in Sochi.

22. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Ashley doesn't seem to be a fan of US Nationals haha. But historically she has made mistakes in one program, and nailed the other. Either way, she deserves to be named to the team.

23. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

That short really does work so well, her approach to every section of the music is just "it". I think she has no pressure on her in the LP draw, time to go for broke and think about Sochi. I think Ashley has more presence on the ice in this short than any lady out there this year (on par with Mao and Yuna here too IMO).

I was rather impressed with Edmunds but I don't think she's ready for an Olympics quite yet, she's a year away in progressing a bit more speed and owning the long lines a bit more before I'll fully back her over Ash, Gracie, and Mirai.

24. Mirai4life

Mirai4life New Member

I think she will be fine on her own tomorrow.

25. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Not worried about Wagner. She's in a better position coming from behind, takes a little bit of the pressure off. Also helps her that she is 2nd to skate in her group, going before those who are ahead of her.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Absolutely. She is a bit stiff.

27. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

The scoring was a mess truthfully. IMO, the trouble started with the low-balling of Caroline Zhang who skated respectably even with the fall out on the second jump of her combo. I think Zhang was dumped on, which then impacted the scoring for skaters who came directly after who made major errors, which then kind of set the bar for scoring re making errors. Too many other under scores and over scores to go into detail. Suffice to say that Gracie however wonderful she looked and skated was not exactly perfect and should have been no higher than 69, not 72+. There's no way Gracie will get 72+ for that skate at the Olympics. I just don't see it happening. I really like Gracie and I'm glad she skated so well, but USFS seriously has a problem with unfair/ uneven scoring and cluelessness regarding international politics.

Why the take-down on Ashley after the over-scoring of Gracie? If it's just because Ashley didn't land her intended 3/3 but did a 3/2 (slightly unsteady on the second jump), so what? It seems they felt since Mirai skated so well and landed a gorgeous 3/3 that they couldn't put Ash in front of Mirai. Okay fine (since Mirai was given her due), but Gracie and Polina are waaay over-scored. Too bad they dumped on Agnes too. The problem is that they have over-done their love for Agnes over the years when she hasn't skated well, and now they come out with a hammer! How do they give Polina a 66, when she skated no better than Ashley Cain (at 61.45) who skates with much more maturity!? I'd have had Polina between 58 - 59 for that skate in her senior debut.

Okay, Ashley Wagner, put up your dukes, lady!!!

28. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

I agree with every word of this!!! What a mess, I don't understand how some could selectively be overscored, while others completely dumped. If they were going to overscore anyone, it should have been Wagner and mayyyyybe Gold.....Wagner got the same score she'd get internationally with that skate. Gracie didn't, and don't even get me started on Polina's score.....

29. bronwynsings

The judging for the men's event seemed from what I understand very fair nationals inflation aside, so I don't understand why the ladies event was such a complete mess in comparison.

30. fscric

fscric Active Member

Do you think Ashley's statement about Russia has impacted her score?