The Ashley Wagner Cheer Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by bronwynsings, Aug 23, 2013.

1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I have a great feeling about Ashley this year. I sense she is building toward the end of the season and not peaking too early like last season. She is my early pick for the bronze at the Games.

2. DreamSkates

DreamSkates Active Member

She's doing great - steadily working at her programs with her eye on another National title and a trip to Olympics. Would love to see her on the podium there. Not likely to be gold but you never know.

3. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I agree Ashley is very focused and radiant so far this year. I feel her technique and command on the ice have really improved, my pick for bronze as well. Her PCS should've been higher in Paris IMO.

4. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Generally doing the 3 jump combo last isn't that smart strategically anyway.

I think this could work:

3flip3toe
    2axel - 2axel
    3sal
    -
    3loop2toe2loop
    3lutz
    3loop
    3flip

This way if she misses the loop combo she will still have another chance to at least tag a 2toe after the second loop (or the lutz or flip if she totally popped it).

5. cbd1235

cbd1235 Well-Known Member

I would think it would be better to keep the 3Lo +2A, and then put the 3 jump combo on the second loop (not as though she has much in terms of choreo between that element and the last flip anyway). Then if that doesn't pan out she can throw the combo onto the flip.

Personally, if I were choreographing I would keep the program the same until the second 3Lo then I would have a new choreo sequence featuring an arabesque spiral and some other interesting turns, maybe another spread eagle or something too. From there I would go into the layback, followed by dramatic skating into the last flip which would now be situated at a place in the music that is building in drama (ala Kwan Red Violin). I would finish the program off with the same split jump to combo spin and end it the same.

To me the program at least needs the last jump to be on some sort of highlight to give max effect at the end. Plus the program after the second loop is bland anyway, until the split jump at the end.

6. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

I like your plan a lot. She is having trouble skating the current layout clean. I think that is a better one.

7. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

9. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I love this! Thanx for sharing it, bronwynsings.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

11. bronwynsings

12. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Ashley is so pretty. She's the rare woman who looks better without makeup.

I only have one minor quibble though. Couldn't she (or someone in charge of the shoot) have ironed her costume first? :lol: Do skaters iron skating costumes? Well something should have been done with that wrinkly mess. :lol:

13. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

The stylist on set should have steamed the dress. Or at the very least, the retoucher could have photo shopped them out, however, that takes time, and often looks weird.

14. Chris_E

Chris_E Active Member

15. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Hmmm, this article makes it sound as if it's a given that Miki Ando will be in Sochi. :rollin: Ando has to win Japanese Nationals to qualify; a very tall order indeed.

16. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

She really does have a great short. :respec: Nice one Ash, her 3flip/3toe doesn't look like it should be so clean based on how her 3flip/2toe looked last season, but it's absolutely gorgeous. Aratunian has done great things for her technique honing it all that much more.. I love the fire in her belly, she wants an Olympic medal! :cheer:

17. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

I also was so pleased with the GPF SP, although all season Ashley is looking FANTASTIC.

18. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Ashley was dropped to a Lv 3 on her FW but was otherwise clean including Lv 4 on her spins. I hope she grabs a silver

It also seemed like she was fully concentrating on her elements. It lacked a little of the freedom at SA. Still, great job

19. bronwynsings

I was really happy with how that program looked! Can't wait for the long :)

20. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Ashley was great to watch in the GPF Short. She's kind of ... hmm... sexy ..... and she does have a gorgeous smile. :) Go Ashley!

21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

She was just plain sexy, lets face it. And powerful. :kickass:

22. bronwynsings

That's the problem with the R&J program. Ashley wouldn't kill herself over Romeo being dead, she'd just shrug and find herself a new man :lol:

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Good point. :D

24. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:respec: I am a woman, hear me roar .....:glamor:

25. rosewood

Ashley gave another clean program! Good consistency with her 3-3s in this season! :cheer:
    I think she's slightly improving her stroking, too.

26. bronwynsings

Woohoo!! :cheer2: I'm not able to watch now, so thanks for the update rosewood!

27. rosewood

I'm afraid I bothered you, bronwynsings. I was a bit late to say Yey to her short program on Thursday.:eek::D
    GO ASH! Give us a clean long program today!! :cheer2:

28. care bear

care bear Active Member

YES! :)

29. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Ashley for the bronze in GPF!
    I agree that her Julia would not kill herself over Romeo, though! But I like the program a lot.

30. cbd1235

cbd1235 Well-Known Member

Oy she keeps changing the choreo sequence and every time it gets worse. Bring the original one back Ashley, or come up with something better :)