The Ashley Wagner Cheer Thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by bronwynsings, Aug 23, 2013.

1. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Because Ashley is my favorite (as you can tell :p) and I just want a place to cheer her on with positivity. :)

spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Press release on her upcoming in-store appearances for Pandora: http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwfas...ing-In-Store-Appearances-for-PANDORA-20130815

3. bronwynsings

4. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Let's hope she paces herself properly and works hard to up her tech content even further this season w/ Rafael. Cheers to Ashley!

5. bronwynsings

6. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I am such a Dork. I am actually considering sauntering on down to San Mateo!

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Me too. :shuffle:

8. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I'm not far either. :shuffle:

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

FSU meet up?

10. bronwynsings

11. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thank you very much! Love her LP! :)

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

She's looking absolutely elegant and beautiful. Love her dress. Nice program. Good luck to Ashley for the season.

13. bronwynsings

Ashley will be debuting her "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" short program tomorrow at Skate America. I'm really hoping the music is similar to Sandra Izbasa's 2012 floor music (http://youtu.be/zsLcvE9fqJs), as it is something I think would fit Ashley very well!

Here's wishing her luck in the short program and the free skate! :)

14. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Okay Ashley Wagner is awesome and the best US lady GO ASHLEY

15. Chris_E

Chris_E Active Member

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Thank you! Loved Rafael's reaction. Now get thee to a spin doctor!

17. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Mao is my favourite skater of the last six years but Ashley skated so well at Skate America I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed watching her. I loved her SP last season & both her free & short this year look really good.

18. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I root for Mao to win every competition, and will continue to do so, but I was so impressed with Ashley at SA! She has really established herself as the best lady skater in the USA for the last couple of years. I was so impressed with her 3f3t combination, and two clean performances! She is confident but not arrogant, and I think she is very beautiful. I hope she has a great US nationals and I hope she has excellent 2014 Olympics.

19. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Ashley's tenacity at Skate America is such an inspiration. I hope that the nervousness of defending her second title was a temporary hurdle, and she will power on to victory. Can we call her "Reliable Ashley"? <--- hopefully not a jinx

20. bronwynsings

Late news, but Ashley was named as the new "CoverGirl" :) I'm thrilled for her, maybe this will help bring figure skating to the forefront here in the states as I feel she has a amazing chance of medaling if the favorites falter!

21. bronwynsings

Ashley will be skating the short program at around 3:17 PM EST at TEB today! She's last in the start list.

22. bronwynsings

23. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

Good news for Ashley! :)

The toe was obviously < after the flip where she slipped on the take-off, but the rest of the program was consistently good. Spins were level 4 as stated but they were sure slow. Hoping she'll improve them as the season progresses. Good luck tomorrow Ashley!

24. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Wow, it's a pretty embarrassing oversight that usfsa.org has a profile on Ashley Wagner that states she qualified for the Grand Prix Final for the first time last season when in fact she also qualified to the GPF in 2009 and finished 4th. Source: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013 Trophee Bompard notes.pdf

25. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

26. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Definitely an embarrassing oversight, which will hopefully be corrected in their profile.

27. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Active Member

Great SP from Ashley last night! What a fighter she is. She just went out there and didn't hesitate on anything. Love her grit. Her jumps look so strong & solid. Too bad about the 3T being underrotated, but I think it will continue to improve.

I thought her interpretation of the program was much stronger than Skate America. She seemed more comfortable, with better timing to the music. I like this music & style on Ashley, I think it works for her. The first time I saw it, I wasn't sure, as I found myself visualizing Shae-Lynn skating to it, as opposed to watching Ashley herself. This time, though, I didn't feel that way. To me, the package works well for Ashley.

Spin speed definitely needs work, though. I know Ashley's spins have never been a big strength of hers, but she just needs to get them to the point where they're not a noticeable weakness.

28. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

My goddaughters (aged 5 and 7) declared Ashley their favorite lady, after I told them that she was my favorite. It's nice to have influence with the younger generation. :D

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  29. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

So happy for Ashley--her 2nd title in Paris! Hoping to see the kinks worked out as the season progresses. But isn't it very impressive that a flawed Ashley still came out ahead? :cheer2: I have no doubts she will put all her efforts in being at her best come Nationals (and the Olympics, ;))

30. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

I thought her FS was much improved here from SA (program-wise). I didn't like the changes to the Choreo sequence, I wish she'd do a beautiful arabesque spiral then have the rest all the same as it was at Skate America.

Her footwork here in the FS was out of this world. That is definitely the shining moment of the program, what a difference from SA. And the jumps looked great! Too bad about the two-footed flip but she really attacked and popped a great triple toe on the end of it. And too bad about the flip at the end of the program too, that was a good 4.5-5 point loss by my count.

Does anyone wish she'd hold her landings out a little bit more? They seem too rushed for me, especially for a program which is so refined otherwise.