The Amazing Race--Season 23

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I don't mind 3 times racing. I mind when they don't include huge favorites (reportedly bumped) for a team I really dislike (last on the list!) Actually there are a number of huge annoyances on that list. Grrr...

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Generic couple team's boy has his Boston accent emerge. Apparently it comes out when cars are involved. :)

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That code task before they even got started wasn't as hard for teams as I thought it might be.

:rolleyes: at Travis and Nicole using the U-Turn to punish the Afghanimals for lying to them. Totally unnecessary to the game.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  4. PrincessLeppard

Wow. U-Turning Jamal and Leo for telling a lie? When Pinky and No Brain stole a cab? But I've heard the teams don't get to mingle very much, so maybe they don't know.

I also wouldn't have used my Express Pass at that point. I still think they should've used it last week, although it all worked out.

eta: OMG this camel task :rofl:

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

If someone says "my camel is broke" :rofl: I will root for them for the rest of the season.

(((camels)))

6. Skittl1321

Leo and Jamal didn't u turn anyone? Did the rule change or was that just dumb?

Edit never mind they used theirs alresdy

7. PrincessLeppard

I love that Pinky and partner are lost. I'm sure they'll prevail in the end, but still. It's amusing.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: at Pinky and No Brain running around lost.

9. PrincessLeppard

Um, that wall wasn't that high. Just jump, bunny. Jaysus.

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Goodbye bunnies. :(

That was one of the more challenging speed bumps.

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Why didn't Jason and Amy U-Turn Pinky and No Brain!!! :mad: Especially after they stole their cab and when Pinky's excuse for u-Turning the Bunnies was because they jumped the line at the airport, when the clearly did not. So what if they found another way to get on the Stand By List first! Man I want them gone!!!

The camels were actually a little more passive than I thought they would be. I was expecting lots more animal drama from that task. I probably would have done the food one as soon as I saw it was camels.

I sssoooo want to do that white water thing! Well, maybe not at Class 4 rapids level, but that looked like so much fun!! So did the swim across the wave pool for that matter, and I don't think that jump was all that high either. It's water ... just jump.

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I love how the sneak preview shows that Nicole is trying to steal the correct answer from one of the Afghanimals after U-Turning them for dishonesty. What a hypocrite!

Was that the last time there will be a U-Turn in the game? If not, maybe they plan to use their one chance to U-Turn somebody later on? To me, the only reason to U-Turn another team is if you're afraid you are going to come in last that leg, or if there is a team that you feel is a legitimate threat to win the million over you and you have a chance to eliminate them from the game with the U-Turn. If neither of these situations apply, why make an enemy? Pinky and No Brain will self-combust on their own, so there'd be no need to make an enemy from a team who could make your life miserable by U-Turning them.

13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I just want the Teams I hate to get U-Turned is all. That's why I wanted them to do it. :lol:

Plus I wanted to see Pinky's head explode.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I think they still thought Pinky and No Brain were ahead of them.

I'd add that if you know you're in first and want to win the leg, it's a good idea to U-turn the team that is the biggest threat.

15. Skittl1321

Except it was clear to us as viewers. Marie has no idea what they actually did.

Still, I think their first stated reason, to get a cushion since they screwed up and were behind, was the reason they were u-turning, and they needed an excuse for how they picked which team to u-turn.

I wonder if the contestants are told ahead of time there are only 2. Because neither team seemed worried about 'wasting' their u-turn. And neither really needed to use it.

16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If they are familiar with the game, shouldn't they know that?

17. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

One small correction to the season 24 teams:

Mallory is with Mark as the "new" team; Bopper and Brook aren't racing.

I think the reason that the original list from 2 weeks ago changed is that the producers made changes right up to the last day with the various teams.

18. Skittl1321

The game changes though, so just knowing what was done in the past doesn't necessarily tell you what will be done this year. They might assume there are only 2 this season because that is what has been done in the past, but unless they are told that (through the rulebook or a clue) they don't -know- that.

19. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

A fan was able to follow the first two legs of Season 24 in their home country and posted it about it on Survivor Sucks. If anyone wants to know what happened, send me a PM.

20. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What kind of preparation/rulebook do contestants receive?

21. Skittl1321

No idea, but they get an extensive rulebook per Rob in the first season. He said he and Brennan were constantly arguing with production about interpretation of rules (figures since they were lawyers). This season's "we can't touch their bags" with the cab thing made it clear they have some sort of rulebook they are working with- they knew that expectation, that once the bags were out (by the cabbie) they could take the cab with no issue.

Big Brother contestants also sometimes refer to the rulebook on live feeds.

22. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

There are few things in life more annoying than a Boston accent, so I'm cheering for anyone but them to win. He'd be cuter if he didn't talk.

23. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

So true....for so many males...

:p

24. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Thanks to CTV broadcasting the American Music Awards, we got to see this week's TAR an hour early :)

25. PrincessLeppard

Did the boy of the generic dating couple just ask what "kind" of people are in Indonesia? And isn't he the jackass who made the ignorant comments in the mosque?

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

We're just getting started here. On the bright side, it was only about 10 min. late this week.

:rofl: at the rams running with the teams.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  27. PrincessLeppard

Wow. i can't believe the Ice Girls blew an hour's lead.

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Dr. Smug and Mrs. Pious are sort of tarnishing their halo tonight?

I really want to feed an elephant now. :)

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The ice girls confuse me, I thought they were going to do the birds. Why did they think it was going to be easier to get the sugar cane in the cab the second time around? Were they hoping a different driver would give them a different result?

I am less and less enamored by the ER doctors.

30. PrincessLeppard

Amy gave Nicole way too much help. I'd have left her