The Amazing Race--Season 23

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 28, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I love that Pinky and No Brain's cab driver helped the Beards by not helping the Beards!! :cheer2:

2. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

"You must wear your costume for the rest of the leg." PMLLLLLLLLLLLL, TAR you never fail me. :lol: Poor Oklahoma boys!

3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

You can tell they are tired. I think if they OK boys were well rested, they wouldn't be so cranky with each other right now.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

These polka dancers are :yikes: but so :rofl:

Who else will be jumping up and down with joy when we don't have to hear about that stupid express pass anymore? :scream:

5. Fridge_Break

:rofl: Fantastic burn of an Express Pass! They didn't even attempt the task! Hope that comes back to chomp their asses down the road.

6. PrincessLeppard

I get that they were afraid of being U-turned, but damn, nobody is U-turning anybody.

Agree that it was stupid to waste the U-turn like that.

Phil hasn't answered my tweet. I can't be the only one to have asked that question...

7. PrincessLeppard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I read the spoilers, but I was hoping they were wrong. :wuzrobbed

Still can't believe there is no penalty for Pinky....

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

no NEL...

:wuzrobbed

9. PrincessLeppard

Phil retweeted my answer to his "should we have an Amazing Race in the US only?" :rofl:

NOW ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTION, PHIL

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: I love that he retweeted it!!

11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Double U-turn the way it is set up is useless. Second team will always be eliminated. You should not be able to use the U-turn until you complete both detours.

12. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Didn't the u-turn used to be blind?

13. Skittl1321

It's been both.

14. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I agree.

I also hated that nothing that happened last episode mattered at all. Bunching is inevitable but it is particularly frustrating after a TBC leg.
    At least it last episode had been a true NEL, Nikki and Kim would have had to do a speed bump task but as it was, there were no consequences for anything that happened from Norway, aside from the first place prize. I'm glad that at least Brandon and Adam got a decent prize last week.

15. Fridge_Break

Tonight's episode will begin at approximately 9pm EST / 8pm CST.

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm still feeling :wuzrobbed at the elimination of the beards.

I'm sad that no one tried the "assemble the chandalier" task. It looked pretty cool if they failed! :EVILLE:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:eek: at the singing detour. I think some teams could be here forever.

:rofl: at the boys laughing.

18. liv

liv Well-Known Member

OMG. I was laughing and crying watching the singing sequences. Some of them had really bad voices!!! However, kudos to all of them. Singing in public, in another language, with the Vienna Boys Choir behind you (geez, not intimidating at all...WOW) and to learn it on the spot is very hard, so they all have to be commended. I think for many people their singing voices are something they are quite shy about and this forced them really far out of their comfort zones.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I do feel bad for them, but I was :rofl: too, mainly at the reactions of the boys and other teams. I haven't laughed this hard since the original cheese rolling down the hill and that one guy trying to march in Russia.

This has been a good episode. It would be even better if Amy knocks Pinky and No Brain off the bathmat. :EVILLE:

20. Fridge_Break

PML, I tweeted earlier that this roadblock rivaled the cheesewheels in terms of hilariousness :rofl: Those poor people! Even as someone who was in choir for years and sung in German more than a couple of times, I am pretty sure I would have sounded quite horrendous as well.

Surprised they had such a lopsided detour.. not unusual to see all the teams pick the same task, but assembling a chandelier, and if you're wrong it comes crashing to the floor and you have to start all over again? Most of the teams breezed through the other option in a matter of minutes, no wonder nobody picked the other side.

Also kind of surprised they put a fast forward that was weather-dependent, but I guess it adds to the :drama: when it can't be done and a team wastes time.

Can't wait for the moment when Jason and/or Amy knock Tim and Marie's teeth out.

ETA: I was shocked this wasn't a NEL since there hasn't been one yet. But I guess I understand why it wasn't, it's one less team and film crew to cart off to UAE next week.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  21. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^ I'm also :confused: about no NEL so far and was expecting one also. Never thought about that could be a reason.

I don't care who does it, but SOMEBODY please do a foot race to the mat for last place and let it be Pinky the one who gets chased down and loses it for them! Or even better a Road Block that she must do that she totally loses it for them on. That would be nice.

22. Skittl1321

It didn't sound like you could start all over again. It sounded like you got one chance and then would have to switch detours. So I can see why most just picked the other one.

I'd still be at that singing detour. It sounded like they expected them to hit notes (the Dr. guy said something about starting at a lower octave so he could). I don't sing notes. It doesn't work. I literally had a theater audition where I was ranked really highly after my monologue, and they really wanted to cast me but couldn't - because I could not sing at all. Rather than just a few lines, they had me sing the song through multiple times, really trying to help me be able to do it. After the second time, the music director told me "you have the words great, lets try it with the notes". They ended up going with crappier actors who could sing, which makes perfect sense. Apparently there were no non-singing parts for women (that wasn't publicized or I wouldn't have bothered).

23. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope that the Vienna Choir Boys (bless them) had as much fun as we did!
    I'll never be able to hear "Die Forelle" again without thinking of TAR!

Vienna Choir Boys: "Die Forelle":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wFYalvJXU

24. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Did anybody else feel sorry for the boys in the choir, having to sing the same thing over and over and stop and start like 900 times? ha ha

And, yeah, I was in high school choir for three years and I could not have stood out in front of professionals and sung all by myself. In fifth grade, we sang Silent Night and O Tannenbaum in German phonetically in a Christmas concert and I can still remember the words when I hear the songs. I couldn't do it by myself in public though.

25. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I felt sorry for the person who had to teach and judge them, too!

26. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Oh gosh,yes, it certainly comes close to the original cheese rolling and the marching in Russia, both stellar moments on TAR!!!

I marvelled at the patience of the teachers, judge and choir too... even if they did get their laughs of the day!!

27. love skating

love skating Clueless American

The singing was hilarious and the Oklahoma guy's singing in particular gave me flashbacks to Dandrew's marching - ha ha ha! :D

28. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

I sooooooooooooooooooo want Marie brought down...I cannot stand her! :kickass:

29. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

All the teams I like are being eliminated early this season.

30. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Mine, too.

I'm left rooting for the Doctors, even though their smugness is getting irritating, too. But Marie & Co. need to be taken down a peg or three or five and soon!