The Amazing Race--Season 23

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

So I haven't caught up on this episode yet and am curious - what did the baseball wives do to get on the standby list first? I've read in several places that they did something but no one specifies what.

2. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

They found an open lounge for the airline where they were able to request the attendant to put them on standby.

3. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I can't imagine it wasn't. If I were to ever get on a show like this, I'd have to be careful because often my sense of humour is quite dry, so I'd be giving the editors many, many opportunites to make me look like a complete dolt. :lol:

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    The contestants often seem clueless; so, you can never be sure if they know anything about history!

5. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

God, I am hoping that Pinky and No Brain (I can't remember who called them that but it really fits) get eliminated next week. She is just ridiculous. What is her deal with the lines? Somebody tell her when you're racing for a million dollars that you get in where you fit in.

Sad to see the NFL players go. i liked them. The airport can be the kiss of death. I appreciate that they took the risk. But I can't say that I would have. It's always better to take a little more time with fewer flights.

I don't even know who I"m rooting for anymore. Except for Team Express Pass there isn't anybody that I just truly want off my television, and that's really strange.....

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Pinky and No Brain aka Line Nazi/partner aka Team Express Pass aka Team Annoying is at the top of my list. I was completely :rollyes: by the doctors at first, but they were less irritating this episode. I'm still not sold on them though.

I can't wait until next week when She-Doctor demands the express pass from Pinky for info. :watch:

7. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

I was surprised and sad to see the footballers eliminated...I thought for sure this would be a non-elimination leg. :(

8. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Doing a double connecting flight was always going to be a bad idea.

Loved this episode because I'd been to Lisbon/Sintra just this summer. Amazing city and the people were so lovely.

9. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Why do the blur out some people's faces and not others? The executive lounge lady (who put the bunnies on standby list) was blurred out, but no one else was?

I love Pinky being screwed by the bunnies!

10. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

People who are blurred refuse to sign releases.

11. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I can only hope that since Pinky and No Brain are terrible racers and have been near the back of the pack since the first leg, that they'll get bounced before long. Getting pissed at a team for "doing something" (that wasn't even a cutthroat move) that you admit you'd do yourself, but just didn't "expect" it from them? Give me a break, biotch.

She is one of the worst/most annoying people to ever be on this show.

12. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I wonder how she is going to spend her share of the TAR million. :slinkaway

13. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

she's awful but Flo was still worse.

:lynch:

14. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I just read over on TWoP that the NFL guys flight to London was delayed ELEVEN HOURS. I wonder why they didn't try to get on a different flight? None available? Not airport savvy?

15. Fridge_Break

:angryfire

No kidding... at that point I'd have just started from scratch and found the quickest possible route. Then again, they very well could have done that and we just didn't see it. I also imagine their flight wasn't initially delayed 11 hours, but it just kept getting pushed back and back and back and back...

I'd say they are prime candidates if they ever do an Unfinished Business 2, because that's seriously some of the most rotten luck I have ever seen on this show.

16. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Is it ok to list in spoiler tags the teams racing again in a few weeks as season 24 is another all stars season!?!

victorskid and (deleted member) like this.
  17. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:EVILLE: You do know we are all going to come and hunt u down if she wins, don't you. :p

18. Catherine M

Ok, I'm putting this in spoiler tags as the list of the teams racing in Season 24 has been leaked and its another All-star/second chance season. Filming starts in two weeks so until Phil says "go" I guess there can be changes but the 11 teams are:

Jet & Cord; first team to race 3 times. I guess all those Romber babies at home have kept Rob & Amber for getting that distinction.
    Andy & Tommy, commonly known as the "snowboarders"
    Mark & Booper
    Brendon & Rachel, who are getting a 4th chance on a CBS reality show
    Natalie & Nadya, the yelling twins
    Trey & Lexi, the twins alliance mates

And then basically half of season 22:

Dave & Connor, knew that was coming.
    Pam & Winnie
    Joey & Meghan, major ugh for me
    Caroline & Jenn; lets see how they do without Bates & Anthony

I won't list the team from season 23 as since this will be all non winners, I don't want to spoil the ending for season 23.

Word on the street is that Jaymes & James bowed out which is too bad as they are my favorite alpha male team.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  19. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I'm glad too see most of these teams back, some deserve a second chance for having had a tough break. But overall it doesn't really look like an all-stars group to me. More like "The Amazing Race: Also-Rans"! :p

20. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

You're such a glass half-full guy. :lol:

21. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we keep getting Brendon & Rachel because so many of us dislike them. I will say that I didn't find Brendon as obnoxious as previously but she is such a whiner & unpleasant person. The "Twinies" drove me crazy too but in a different way. It will be interesting to see if they & Rachel can be buddies? I wasn't that impressed with Joey & Meghan but I can tolerate them. My favorites? The cowboys & the Snowboarders. I like Mark & Bopper, Trey & Lexi, Pam & Winnie but can't seem to remember Dave & Connor or Carolyn & Jenn.

22. Catherine M

I think its more like "CBS LOVES YOU" so you can race one more time.

Already a change to the list:

Lexi & Trey are out. No word on who has replaced them. No big loss for me as they were pretty meh during their season and got lost in the shuffle with the Twins, and Jaymes & James.

23. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Dave and Connor were dad and son and the dad had a badly injured leg.

I would have preferred Elissa and Rachel. Why do they have to be the same teams?

And could they not have waited one more year so we could have billy and Carissa back?

24. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

So much for spoilers! :lol:

25. Fridge_Break

I seriously hope Brenchel pull a Romber and get knocked out EARLY in their return season. Because for serious. Enough is enough for these two unentertaining peeps.

26. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I love them. :)

27. Catherine M

I love them too so you are not alone! They did pretty well their first season so I can see lasting awhile this time around. Or maybe they'll be out first. You just never know.

Actually the entire rumored cast is pretty decent for me except for the snowboarders and team Youtube.

28. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:shuffle: How come everyone hates Team YouTube? I didn't mind them and don't know why they were such a hated team. I don't remember them doing anything evil or anything. I thought they were funny.

29. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Kicking myself. My apologies to everyone upset by my post.:slinkaway

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  30. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I didn't mind team YouTube, either. I think people were annoyed by Joey's screeching, but he was a good partner, in the end.