1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race--Season 23

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 28, 2013.

1. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

She ER doc has turned into a major whiner. I won't be sad when she goes home. Beardboys and NFLers are being good racers.

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: at Marie's shoe shine customer!!

eta:
    Completely off topic, but I always hear "Santa's Fries" instead of "Satisfries" during the Burger King commercial for their new fries.

3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

Did Bingo guy just take a random shoe shine stand?

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, comedy of errors from theatre guy.

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes. :rofl: That poor shoe shine guy must be wondering, what the heck is going on.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

:rofl: Poor shoe guy. He had no idea what was going on. I hope the show compensated him for his lost time.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So are the sports wives going to be :lynch: because Marie didn't give them the express pass? I think it was stupid for them to ask, but :watch: just the same.

I'm not sorry to see Theatre guys go, it was a mercy elimination.

8. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break #HotMessExpress

Oof, what a crappity run leg by the theatre gents. I'm amazed that they closed in on the other teams like they did.

The competitiveness at the roadblock immediately after a 24+ hour bus ride is encouraging, hopefully there won't be much pairing up/helping each other/waiting around for the others to finish so they can merrily skip to their next destination together.

Love that Marie is being edited to be the "devil" of the season. Although I doubt that really took much effort from the editing team.

Phil tweeted that the pools of water required at least 33 bags of salt in order for the water to reach it's saturation point. At 60 pounds per bag, that's almost an entire TON of salt the teams had to transport. :wideeyes:

9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So Bingo just goes up to some random shoe shine guy and thinks that's correct? No marking, no flag, no nothing indicating that this is what he is supposed to do. Has he not seen the show? The tasks are always marked with red/yellow markings or flags of some sort. I wonder if one of the production guys quickly told the shoe shine guy in Spanish "just let him take it we'll pay you". :lol: Why would he willing have let Bingo take his stuff?! Not sorry to see them go after a mistake like that.

And why did the one guy keep telling her that the shoe shine was wrong? That was weird.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break #HotMessExpress

Considering it was Marie's client, I'm sure none of the viewers were really irked :p

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Probably because it was fun to watch her bitch about it.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  12. allezfred

allezfred Crazy Uber Staff Member

Thank goodness Team Bingo were put out of their misery. Wasn't there a team of clowns a couple of seasons ago who were also dreadful racers?

I'm partly cheering for Team Diablo for all the :drama: and :EVILLE: she is creating!

13. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Good thing we're not playing "our game" this season as my system would have knocked me out along with Rowan & Shane this week!

14. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I recall 2 different sets of clowns. The first pair - two guys - were early on and came in 4th, so you must be thinking of the husband/wife team that were pretty dreadful.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Airport fun! :scream:

16. PrincessLeppard

Finally! Airport shenanigans!

This is so much better than everyone on the same flight.

17. PrincessLeppard

Bwa ha ha. Pinky and No Brain got outmaneuvered. :p

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

This is nervewracking. (((NFL)))

:drama: I cant keep arrival times straight.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes!!! (Great nickname btw)

:rofl: "You're dead to me."

20. PrincessLeppard

I got it from TWOP :p

I think "we have an Express Pass" has been overused. No one seems to give a shit.

I'd have chosen tiles, personally.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'd do the tiles too. Although I love a good map.

:blah: teams working together.

22. Skittl1321

So, did Magellan sail the Panama Canal? OMG!

Poor football players. I love when racers take various flights but I hate shitty airport luck killing a team.

23. PrincessLeppard

Well, I'd be okay with it if was Team Express Pass. :p

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Me too.

:rofl: at Magellan's eye rolling.

25. PrincessLeppard

Damn. I really like those two, and kudos to them for taking the risk.

Please let Team Express Pass manage to screw up everything.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

NFL for All-Stars! I hope. :) Sad to see them go. (and to see team annoying stay)

27. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Geez, how far behind were those boys?! Was it even the same day? When Phil has to meet YOU where you are, you know you are screwed. I was liking them too. I knew they were doomed once they started talking about double connection flights. Never never never take a double connection! :(

Oh please please PLEASE let "We Have An Express Pass" get eliminated while still holding that damn express pass! I can't stand all this dictating about what the "rules" are from one team to another about getting flights, lining up back packs, etc. There are no rules! Its whoever gets it done first! So kudos to the girls for finding a way to get on that standby list first instead of just sitting around waiting for that one particular gate to open.

I definitely would have done the tiles challenge just from the descriptions alone.

28. Skittl1321

I really hope so! I wonder if you get eliminated before you give your extra express pass away, do you still have to give it away? Because it sounds like not giving it away is not an option if you are active in the race (it must be given away by the 5th? leg)

Seriously, when confronted with an obstacle that is NOT hours of operation set by producers; the right answer is never to sit and just wait.

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

LOL, at Phil saying that since they already were at the airport; they could get home!
    He really seemed to like them; and was sad to see them eliminated,

30. liv

liv Well-Known Member

always sad to see a team eliminated purely because of flight issues. Yes, they took a gamble, but when every flight you choose has an issue? There's some bad luck there. Being met by Phil before you even start anything? That's one time you hate to see Phil.

LMAO at the idea that Magellan sailed through the Panama Canal. I was hoping he was just joking when he said that.

Thought it was great the girls put themselves on the standby list first too. Smart of them to try something else instead of standing in line like you're being lined up in kindergarten. If the issue is purely lining up then, yes, I hate the butting in, but when they legitimately found a way to get first in line? That's another story. Kudos.