The Amazing Race--Season 23

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Aug 28, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I feel a combination of :( and :rolleyes: at the last place team

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Well I hate the beyotch with the pink hair already. So of course they get the Express Pass and control who gets the second one.

I actually missed the error the Docs made too. I usually pick up on those quickly when they mess up the clues. Just so I can yell at my TV "how many times do we have to go over it .... read.the.clue!". :lol: I did pick up the people doing the boats wrong.

No way I can tell the teams apart yet. Don't have any favorites yet but I can see myself hating the MLB wives though, and definitely hate Pink Hair.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The docs weren't the only team with "reading" difficulties.

I'm afraid that the eliminated daughter will continue to have difficulty with her "controlling" father!

4. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I can honestly say last night's episode was my least favorite premiere episode ever. Maybe I'm getting tired of the show or the show is getting tired, not sure which. Not sure if I'm going to stick out the season as there are other things to watch on Sunday night. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if things improve for me.

5. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Just listen for the Zither of Doom. It will clue you in to mistakes every time!

I think some of the teams are trying too hard to have a "personna". I think the exes' hate is all an act, and the Afghanimals need to calm the hell down. I didn't hate the Baseball Wives like I thought I would, and I kind of like the Ice Girls. Personally, I'm rooting for the Beardly Duo.

6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I call them the Afghaninerds.

8. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

9. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

Creepybeards need to go next. Sorry PL. :p

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    They seem strange to me, too.

11. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

12. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I've been to 7. But think that almost all 7 of them were just okay...I can think of places I've traveled that I've enjoyed more.

I want the exes to go next. Annoying, whether it's fake or not.

13. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

:drama: I want them to hang out a couple more weeks. And let fighting ex couple some how mess everything up with their express pass.

14. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

A friend and I on facebook:

She: Okay, 6 minutes into "The Amazing Race" - I already choose Brandon & Adam. They look like fun.

He: Is that who you're picking to win, or who you're cheering for?

She: Cheering for - I think they are probably a little too laid back to actually win, but I'm totally up for it if they do.

He: I'm wondering if the really uptight teams will start to get snarky towards them...

She: Oh probably - they are friendly, pleasant and cheerful...all the things the uber competitive loathe

He: I think the uptight'ers will be okay with those things. Instead, they'll get snarky having to spend time around people who have chosen their own rules to follow in life rather than blindly adopting society's rules.

She: Well I'll cross my fingers anyways...the boys from Oklahoma and the men from San Francisco also seem pleasant. The former are gonna have trouble though when it comes to communication.

:)

15. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Not sure who I like the most, but I definitely know who I dislike the most. Annoying Exes. Which means they'll go far in the race.

The minute they read the "who's ready to follow the leader" thing on the paragliding roadblock I knew whoever chose to do the roadblock would not be the one paragliding. It's been done before.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

17. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

18. Peter_K

Peter_K Active Member

Am I the only one who finds it somewhat disturbing that two ER physicians didn't read the instructions properly? I hope I never wind up in their hospital. :eek:

Sort of harkens back to the first team eliminated from The Amazing Race Canada -- a police officer and a tax auditor -- who were eliminated when they misread the clues twice! (I wonder if one of the more prominent tax law firms in Canada that does a lot of advertising has used that as a tactic to discredit the aforementioned auditor yet?)

19. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Good god, his passport is probably the size of a Harry Potter book.

I'm glad to have TAR back on my TV :D The exes are obviously the universally hated team. I hope they get eliminated with the EP in their pocket and before they are able to give the other one away. Because for serious!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Phil has had such an amazing life so far. He seemed to live many places growing up and his job takes him everywhere. Love him!!

21. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

No, I also found it concerning, anyone remember where they are from?

They should! Although having dealt with a lot of tax auditors, I am not remotely surprised about the inability to read.

I was kind of meh overall about the premiere. I stopped watching a few years ago, came back for "Unfinished Business" and got suckered back in, but it might be time for another break again.

22. PrincessLeppard

I think we are going to be tragically late here in the Midwest. I think the little hand on the 60 Minutes stopwatch was at twenty. :eek:

23. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

TV guide said it was supposed to start at 7:30. Should it be delayed from that too?

24. PrincessLeppard

It just started. They are now on their way to a boat of some sort.

And hello, bunching! I have not missed you.

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Normally I hate bunching too, but in this case when the annoying ones lead, I kinda like it!

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  26. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I can't believe they're all going for the mining. I'd be pouring salt in the water rather than trying to find a clue in a bunch of salt rocks.

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yeah the needle in the haystack challenges are a pain. I wouldn't willingly do one either.

I'm rooting for the beards! :cheer2:

28. PrincessLeppard

The breaking the rock thing was actually easier. Interesting.

and the people carrying giant bags of salt could probably go faster if they had their shoes on. Just because you are in a bathing suit doesn't mean you can't wear shoes.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:yikes: Theatre guys. That's quite an oops!

30. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Wow huge mistake by theatre guys.

I float so easily (uh, maybe need more muscle tone) I probably wouldn't need the salt.