The Amazing Race--Season 20 Cast (More Cross CBS Show Casting)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

2. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm predicting they'll flame out. I can't see them working well together at all.

3. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Brendon and Rachel will be 'FIERCE COMPETITORS', and nobody better mess with Rachel's man. Can we have a drinking game for home times thoses phrases are said?
    One guarantee - entertainment and Rachel freaking out over something trivial.

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Oh God. :rolleyes:

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

:blah:

6. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

They better be out early. I donĀ“t understand why they feel the need to do this, arent the ratings fine without adding this trash?

7. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I've never watched Big Brother so I have no clue who they are. But even just the few comments here already make me hate them. :lol:

8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I actually came to appreciate Rachel...but I loathe the stunt casting between Survivor/Big Brother and TAR. There are plenty of more interesting people in the world to run this race than people who've already been on CBS reality shows

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

This, but I'm always glad when TAR is back on the air.

10. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Thank you. My favorites usually wind up being some "regular joes" no one's ever heard of.

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Brendan and Rachel are both highly competitive. They'll likely do well at both physical and mental challenges, and are fearless enough to take on just about anything.

They both think Brendan is the smart one, but IMO it's Rachel who has the brains in that relationship. She did much better (and was much more likable) when she had to play BB on her own - otherwise she bows to her man too often, and it could cost them if she continues to feed his ego and let him make decisions or take the lead on a challenge.

If anything does them in, it will be that, and the constant :argue: between them. If they do well, it will be ability, but more so their determination and competitive drive.

I haven't watched AR in years, but I will tune in just to see how these two do. I actually think this is way better casting than Jeff and Jordan.

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  12. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I disliked Rachel/Brendon so much that I did not bother to watch BB the 2nd time they were on it. I will be hoping they go out quickly so I can enjoy the season but have a feeling....As I recall she is good at challenges.

13. sodapop

sodapop New Member

Oh, no. Clowns. :scream:

14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

For real. Worse, they call themselves the "ambassadors of laughter" :blah: :scream:

Speaking of :rolleyes: branding, I hate these two already just for a trainer renaming (/ attempting to rename) himself "Fitness" ...
    I could three alpha male-esque teams. Ooh, :watch: the haterz must already be knashing their teeth on TWoP and Survivor Sucks.

15. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I don't usually mind the stunt casting (I had no clue who Rob and Amber or Jeff and Jordan were) but I hate Rachel and Brendan. I couldn't think of a more annoying team.

I honestly don't think I'll be watching, as now I have another show on Sunday night. Amazing Race used to be my absolute favorite show, but my interest has waned. I miss seeing the ordinary people of the first few season. And since everyone on this season is young, I don't think we are going to get much but fame-whores.

The show has gotten way too predictable, and at times boring. It needs to figure out a way to shake things up.

16. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Boo - no grandparent team. I would have thought after the recent success of Bill & Cathi, they would have included one.

:revenge: Brendan & Rachel. I am not going to like them at all. Unless she loses and goes crying in the bushes for half an hour like she did on Big Brother. That was entertainment at it's finest and a fantastic ab workout from laughing so hard.

I hope they go to some awesome locations this year!

17. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

18. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Phil Keoghan's documentary, The Ride, about his bicycle ride across America to raise $1 million for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society will premier on Showtime on Feb 18th (one night before the start of TAR's new season).

I recall reading about his trip when the documentary was showing in theaters and I gather some former TAR racers met up with Phil and his team at various stops along the route, but I'm not sure if they made the movie or not.