The Amazing Race Nov. 6 "Move Goat"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Nov 7, 2011.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer: We're on time here in NC!

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I'm not. At least 20 minutes late. I hate not being able to keep up with the thread during the show. It's not as fun reading and posting afterwards. :wuzrobbed

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Uh, oh. Double U turn. Somebody is going down.

I love Marcus. :lol: One dollar? What are we going to ride, a pachyderm?

4. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Double U-turn and $1 for this leg!

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I hate slide puzzles! (((Amani and Marcus)))

6. rfisher

Me too. I'd be crying by now.

7. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

That's a hard speedbump if you suck at slide puzzles.

8. rfisher

I really want Amani and Marcus to survive. They are supportive of each other and steady. Jennifer is screwed.

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I must put "slide rule puzzles" on my list of things to master before I go on the race.

:lol: (like that'll happen)

I'll just have to find a smart partner.

10. rfisher

We couldn't team up then, cause I'd just quit.

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: We'd be sunk for sure!

Poor bro/sis team. I feel bad for Jennifer.

As long as it seems she is waiting, wouldn't it be wiser to go back and look at the clue?

12. rfisher

Why doesn't she just go back? Surely, she's figured out by now something is wrong.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: at the Ford Focus commercial.

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I feel bad that Cindy and Ernie can't find the Pit Stop, but she makes me :lol:

:eek: for Marcus and Amani doing the transport detour. Does he really have to carry 8 people???

15. rfisher

PML Ain't you got no babies up there?

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wow the race for 1st is intense!! Did I miss the boarders at the U-turn? I assume they decided not to U-turn anyone.

17. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Ernie and Cindy really should have U-turned the snowboarders.... :shuffle:

:cheer: for ma and pa doing so well. again.

18. rfisher

Marcus is a :rockstar:

I'm going to be :mad: if Marcus and Armani lose because of Dad/Zac.

19. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Ernie and Cindy kind of wasted the express pass.

Ma and Pa continue to amaze me.

20. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Hang on? Did they just U-turn a team that was ahead of them?

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: at Zac/Laurence u-turning a team that was already past them.

I can't believe I'm :wuzrobbed to see _______ eliminated.

22. rfisher

((((sibs)))) Poor Jennifer.

23. FiveRinger

Marcus is superhuman! There is no way.....eight people???!! Wow!

24. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I also can't believe I was sorry to see Justin and Jennifer go. Too bad she didn't go right back...wonder if killer fatigue struck there.

Wanna bet now that Cindy and Ernie u-turn next week it backfires on them? :p

25. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

Welcome to life for those of us on the west coast.

26. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

at least we get to skip through all the posts about what time the show starts.

:wuzrobbed for cindy/ernie for spending too much time trying to find the u-turn spot and narrowly missing 1st place. It's not wrong that the Boarders gave it their all to win the footrace, but damn.

:wuzrobbed for Jennifer/Justin. I wonder just how long Jennifer stayed before heading back to the beginning - and didn't some teams come to the fich place while she was stopped? how did she not see Marcus at the least? I wonder if she got more lost than we saw and actually got to the fish guy later. Good for Justin for not getting hot about it, but I'm sad to see them go. I really liked them :(

:respec: to Marcus and Amani for coming back so strong this leg, especially after getting an extra challenge that was actually challenging.

:rofl: to laurence/zac for U-Turning a team they had just seen leaving the u-turn stop :lol:

:kickass: to ma and Pa for being AWESOME!

27. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I said it a few weeks ago, but complete :blah: that the snowboarders are hoarding this entire season. It makes the season a lot more fun if multiple teams are winning legs, IMO. They're great racers, but it's like they're the hippies v2.0.

Good thinking on Ernie & Cindy to avoid the U-turn with their express pass, although such tough luck finding their next destination. That seemed like such a long distance on foot to the pit stop, and I believe we were shown Cindy with an inhaler earlier in the season? Certainly must have been tough on her. :(

Ma & Pa are amazing and all of the younger teams can learn from them, in what they said about not arguing or blaming and thus things just getting done faster. :respec:

That slide puzzle speed bump was just awful. I would have been pitching a fit over it and probably ended up wilting to the ground in tears. I HATE slide puzzles. They made up tons of time with both the roadblock and the detour, although they must have been beyond exhausted after that detour, my goodness.

Laurence is the biggest ass I have seen on TV in 2011.

The Invisibles are still invisible. I can barely even remember their bickering canoe ride.

Poor Jennifer, obviously the most logical thing to do would have been to just ride back and check the clue again (which obviously would have put her in the right place) but I'm wondering how much her brain was fried from traveling. Can't believe that after the first couple of episodes that I'd say that I'm sad to see them go, but I am.

Random: Papyrus font for the roadblock's on-screen graphics? Vom. iPads being used for the U-Turn? Awesome.

28. genevieve

I like slide puzzles and am pretty good at them, but given the exhaustion and the pressure of the race, I can imagine having a hard time with it :fragile:

marcus impresses me - loved when they got to the bike thing and he said he's been training riding bikes with, what 80 pounds? in advance of the race. guess that's where being a former NFL player would really come in handy - he's probably used to giving himself heavy duty training regimens to prepare for a season. I can't imagine how exhausting it must have been to carry all those people through the water :yikes: And Amani was no slouch, carrying all the furniture. great teamwork.

29. FiveRinger

NFL and Ma and Pa continue to impress me with their teamwork. They work so well together and they all have a lot of patience. I'm rooting for both of them to get to the end.

30. genevieve

I heart Ma and Pa. I would love for them to somehow win.