The Amazing Race Nov. 13 "Super Shady"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Ma & Pa continue to impress.
  2. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Marcus and Amani need to stop making silly mistakes every. single. leg. They've done a great job overcoming them, but still.

I thought it was so sweet the way Pa was watching Ma dancing- it seemed like they are still so much in love. :respec: that they came in 2nd even after being u-turned!

Was surprised Ernie and Cindy didn't U-turn the boarders. I guess they thought the boarders wouldn't have been eliminated even if they had been u-turned, especially with the double U-Turn.

I think I liked Zac and Dad best at their exit mat. They were very classy there.
  3. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

The previews for next week look hilarious with everyone in bikinis attempting to be body builders! :lol:

Major :respec: for Ma and Pa. It was cute, too, when she so clearly enunciated: "Hot damn." :rofl:
  4. Lutzcy

Lutzcy Active Member

I couldn't help laughing out loud every time a jumping rabbit was shown. How awesomely cute! Yeah Amani and Marcus. They give me a heart attack every week. Loved the rabbits. Glad to see DadZac go. Did I mention I liked the rabbits? :rollin::rollin:
  5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

DadZac gone!! :cheer2: Now go be fame hos someplace else? :p

Memo to lost male drivers. The people you want to help you aren't lost and aren't 'bloody useless'.

I totally want a leaping bunny! :swoon: Too freaking cute.

I wanted more Copenhagen, less butter.
  6. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Same here! :D

I immediately started thinking of all the (male) competitors from previous season that I wish were participating in this challenge. :shuffle:
  7. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

Sorry to see Zac gone, he seemed like a sweet guy. Not sorry to see dad gone. I can't believe Amani and Marcus didn't even attempt to find another flight. I really like them but they deserved to go for that boneheaded move.
  8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I loved the rabbit hurdles! I think NFL dude might have a future as a coach. He apparently had the magic touch with his rabbit. :lol:
  9. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

jumping bunnies! :cheer2:

I was also wondering why Cindy didn't U-Turn the 'boarders instead of Ma/Pa, but she really, really, really wanted to win a trip, I guess. it would have been hilarious if this leg had been one where they got something lame :EVILLE:

MA and PA!!!!! :respec:

On a personal level I'm glad Amani and Marcus managed to make up lost ground again, but I really need someone I've already chosen in the suicide game to exit :shuffle:

I would have chosen bunnies right away over the butter churning
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Me too, if for nothing else but to see what bunnies jumping over hurdles looked like! :D
  11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

YES!! I have never been so happy to see Whats-Her-Face and That-Tall-Guy as I was to see them get to that mat first ahead of Zac/Idiot!! :cheer2:

I totally would have chosen the bunnies. Clearly the bunnies had to be trained so the bunnies know what to do, you just have to lead them. I would just want to sit and play with the big fuzzy wuzzy's all afternoon though. De so ccuutteee!!! :lol:
  12. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I would have thought so too, but Ma/Pa started the steeplechase at about the same time the boarders started the churning and beat the boarders to the windmill.
  13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Those rabbits were awesome; however, most of the time animal challenges can be :eek: Remember the duck herding?
  14. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I think the producers really did a good job with that detour. Knowing most teams would avoid the animal challenge, they set it up to be easy and fun. I think Ma/Pa and A/M will be smiling about that one years from now. Bunnies !! !! !!
  15. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

true.

Was it Cindy who was so spooked by an animal task that when they got to the butter churning she saw the goat and was all "GAH!!!! :yikes:" like the goat was going to be part of the task? :lol:

And Marcus asking if the goat was a rabbit :rofl:
  16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What fun to watch Phil "demonstrate" the bunny race!
    "Ma and Pa's" love story (met at ages 12/13; together ever since), is really special.
  17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

But, it's OK that Cindy and Ernie met at a bar doing shots. :rofl: I just cracked up at that exchange.

I like ER/Cin, Boarders, MaPa and Marcus and Amani. If the Invisibles leave next week, I'll cheer for all the top 4 and don't care who wins. Marcus and Amani are funny, supportive of each other and just seem like really nice people. I think he'd be a hoot on DWTS if they're looking for another NFL player. MaPa prove that you don't have to be 20 somethings to succeed on this show. Er/Cin are a little intense, well Cindy is a classic overachiever, but they're OK. Ernie felt really guilty about the U-turn. The Boarders are funny and smart so any of that group winning if fine with me.
  18. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

Racers can fly in first class...but can only pay for coach. So basically if they can get a free upgrade, they can fly in any class they'd like.
  19. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

The best part of this episode... BUNNIES!!! So_Freakin'_Cute!

I loved Pa's interaction with the bunnies: naming them, patting them for doing a good job... So gentle. He's a cool guy and I'm loving this team more than I thought I would from the first episode.

I also loved how Marcus jumped with the bunny while Amani was doing the race. They are such a great team, too, and I'm so glad they survived, as they were my suicide pick!

Did anyone think the Boarders let Ma/Pa beat them to the mat on this one? I'm sure they would've had no trouble out running them, but they seemed to hold back. I guess they felt guilty about the Ernie/Cindy thing, but IMO they have nothing to feel bad about. They won fair and square, and Cindy needs to suck it up and shut up. I was kind of hoping this was going to be leg without a prize... :shuffle:

I was :lol: at the Invisibles in the car; he was so upset and freaked out while driving, while she's sitting there, chomping away on a granola bar and completely oblivious to his freak out.

The racers who did the dance all cleaned up very nicely! I particularly thought Zac and the Bearded Boarder looked really cute in their medieval garb.
  20. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Oh my god, where to begin with this episode?! I seriously hope TPTB submit this one for the Emmy voting, because this episode had basically everything!

Hilarious quotes (the whole exchange with Cindy and Bill, and the "bastards" line), exciting lead changes, AIRPORT SCHEMING, excellent and entertaining tasks, drive-yourself leg which leads to people getting way lost, u-turns, ZOMG BUNNIES!, Zac & Ass being eliminated... perfect episode all around!
  21. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

love ma and pa!

i wouldn't mind it really if any of the teams left won, although i have a preference obviously.

the invisibles i don't mind. they're probably the nicest "bickering couple" team they've had in a while, although i'd prefer another nate/jen. haha!
  22. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

23. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

X
    Loving this season, and this cast. Most seasons, my interest is beginning to wane a bit ... not so this year. The season spent two episodes too many in Asia, but it's recovered due to some good challenges and locales, but especially due to the likeable cast of racers. MVPs are definitely Cathi & Bill, whose continued presence keeps me tense for entire episodes, until they finally cross safely over the mat. But, the F4 rfisher lists are all good -- rootable -- teams.

Definitely an Emmy submission. Unless -- whoa could it be? -- there are a couple of even better eppys coming up this season or next!!? (I'm assuming TAR20(!!) will air by next summer.)
    My Phillusting is more a "past" pasttime, and that photo pushes it further into the rearview mirror. :shuffle:

Hats off to "Pa" for having a kicking bod! Rivals the Boarders, who are decades younger.

She Invisible has a great rack. But ... (((((He Invisible for his apparent shrinkage)))))

:yikes: Bodybuilders in general gross me out. Blech! The bunch mentoring our racer are no different, despite the little blonde's cutie pie face.