The Amazing Race Dec. 4 "We are Charlie Chaplin"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

They didn't choose for it to happen this way so it's less obnoxious than that Litchenstein bike race leg where everyone but one team was told the result. But that has to be in the top worse cases of bad luck ever on TAR. Wow.

rfisher - some of us only had the Boarders left. :p

2. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Especially since one of the teams was on the way to the Balboa statue, the place the boarders had just left realizing their mistake. It would have put them ahead of that team. :(

3. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

Two of them were. Only the Invisibles were going to the right place. If the drivers hadn't intervened, the Borders would have been 2nd.

4. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Super excited the boarders were eliminated :slinkaway

5. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Well, in this case, they actively tried not to bunch up together - the teams kept telling their cab drivers to stop sharing information but the drivers weren't listening. Just a freak case of bad luck for the boarders.

I've never seen the teams so happy for the other teams who made the final, but I guess that at least part of it was that they were all probably pretty happy not to face the boarders in the final. But it did seem like the Ernie & Cindy and Jeremy & Sandy really liked Amani & Marcus.

Me too. And I'm willing to say so in larger print too. :p

6. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Duhamel and Radford are world champions! Wheeeeee!

Me three. Can't stand the boarders. :p

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the boarders (not just because I picked them in the prediction contest). I have to admit they could be obnoxious at times, but they were such good racers. I hate when the best racers don't make it to the final, but that's the way the race goes sometimes.

8. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

:wuzrobbed The boarders were so strong, I can't believe they lost. Amani and Marcus FTW! :cheer2::cheer2:

9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Me too. They were starting to get too cocky for me. They got enough prizes anyways. :slinkaway

10. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Very interesting tonight. Bummed for the boarders, but liked how the other 3 teams knew they were the team to beat and now feel they are on a level field.
    Go Amani n Marcus, they have the nicest relationship. Loved how Amani focused on her kids in the height challenge.

11. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Wow, the Prancer curse is almost as strong as the rfisher jinx. :eek: :lol:

12. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

That was a crazy ending. At least the Invisibles figured it out themselves. But the taxi driver alliance wasn't really fair. I'm not complaining, though. This result works very, very well for me.

13. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I didn't pick the boarders, either. :cool:

It is a shame, though, that the boarders lost this way. Two of the other teams got lucky with their cabs, onl the Invisibles figured it out. I know things aren't always fair, and yes, the boarders were getting cocky, but still, it's too bad.

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I like the NFL player and his wife, but other than that, I'll feel sort of let down if either of the other two teams win - particularly the invisibles.

15. rfisher

It's worse. At least contenders get to medal with the jinx even if it's not gold. The curse just knocks them totally out of the game.

16. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

I'm happy for the teams that made the final. There haven't been any teams who really got on my last nerve or who were so dumb they were entertaining. My favourites were Ma and Pa and the boarders but the final should definitely be interesting. Cindy has no excuse for finishing second this time. The Boarders aren't there to outrun them.

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I didn't care for the Boarders either.
    However, they seemed to take being eliminated nicely; and they have all those prizes/trips to enjoy!

18. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I'm kind of excited for the top three, mostly because there isn't a clear front runner in the bunch. All three have screwed up majorly in this race, and all three have had moments of brilliance. I liked the Boarders, but I think if they had made it to the final, it would've almost been a foregone conclusion as to who would win. I'm rooting for NFL, but I don't know if I'll pick them in the prediction contest. :shuffle:

19. Aceon6

Aceon6 Hopping mad

Very interesting. At least the team that figured out came in first. It would have been a damned shame if they had been passed on the way to the mat.

20. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

GAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    Boarders, how could you do this to me :(
    and the sharing cab companies! UGH!!! I soooooo hate that kind of stuff.
    Nex season, no one shares with anyone should be the new rule.
    Really, really, really disappointed that the team that has easily been the best in now out.
    I really could not care less who wins ...

21. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Well, I don't really see how a rule like that would be enforceable in this situation. As I said upthread, the teams repeatedly told their cab drivers not to share information - none of them wanted to share info given that they thought that they were racing for spots #2 and 3 in the final. The cab drivers didn't listen. What else are the teams supposed to do?

22. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

The ending of last night's eppy was definitely interesting ... frustrating and kinda exciting all at once. But :shuffle: I must admit that I FFwded through most of the episode. Dunno, I've really loved this season, but ala last season when the Cowboys went out 5th (grrrrrrr ... frigging answer sharing bullsh*t!), Ma & Pa's exit left me not caring so much about who wins.

le sigh

23. rfisher

I want Marcus and Amani to win, but nobody tell that evil bint Prancer. She needs to pick the Invisibles to win.

24. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

If rfisher wants NFL to win and we get Prancer to root for the Invisibles, I guess that means congratulations to Ernie & Cindy.

25. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Please, no. I personally find Cindy one of the most unlikeable contestants in years.

26. rfisher

:yikes: I really wanted Cindy to win to make up for all the times she didn't win the individual legs.

27. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Glad I am not the only one to find her unlikeable. He's ok, she's annoying.

28. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

Not my favourite person in the bunch either, but I respect her game play. I notice that when one of these players puts another in charge of a task, they allow that person to do the task, without trying to micro manage. Cindy is so precise and seems to like to be in control, but she has such trust in Ernie that she lets him do things his way. Letting go is not easy for a control freak but she seems to trust him completely.

29. Prancer

Prancer True Fan of the GOAT Staff Member

Too bad for you, rfisher, that I already picked the Invisibles and so can't name them the "winners."

But I haven't picked NFL yet. :EVILLE:

30. rfisher

Yes, you can. The other picks don't count. You're supposed to pick the order of finish. 1, 2 and 3. Perhaps if you'd read the INSTRUCTIONS. :saint: But, have no fear. I'll assist you. You want to pick: 1 Invisibles, 2 Ern/Cin and 3 Marcus/Amani.