The Amazing Race Dec. 11 "Go Out and Get It Done"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Here we go!!

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Finally! Go Amani and Marcus. Don't let the Deer of Doom get you!

3. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

PBP??? Pretty please? I know it's almost done, but...what is happening?

I wish I had a TV now.

4. rfisher

They're going to Atlanta (NFL's hometown). Marcus is making lots of home field analogies.

5. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Is this delayed by football elsewhere?

Ernie and Cindy won.
    That's all I know as I just got home and haven't watched the first 50 minutes yet.

6. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. That's all I needed to know.

I've never watched TAR knowing the results, but then again this is my first time living in a house without a TV. So I figured I might as well know now instead of desperately waiting for it to be uploaded somewhere. Let the waiting game begin.

HA! So I was right. After episode one I said (to myself) "those two are going to win the whole thing". Having said that, I really wanted Amani and Marcus to win, they were my favourites. But, oh well, my favourite couple rarely wins so nothing new there

7. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

So, if Marcus ever pilots a plane, it will land in a field? :lol:

8. rfisher

My typing sucks. I'd have to do that about as many times as Marcus is having to land that plane.

9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Picking a slow typer may be a blessing. Old typewriters jam up if you go too fast.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  10. rfisher

I <3 Amani.

11. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Ahh Marcus, there are so many 'intentional grounding' jokes there, but I do feel bad for you.

Dear dating couple: The Dump does not sell used furniture. I'm sure they loved that free advertising from you. :p

Love this map. I want to climb it. :lol:

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  12. rfisher

This is pretty anti-climatic.

:blah: I hope Marcus and Amani get asked back for another show. The Deer of Doom did them in. Amani is the winner as far as I'm concerned. She is amazing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  13. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

So another season is over not with a winners I wished for, but have to admit that C/E deserved that victory.
    And poor Marcus :( There will be so many jokes on his account.
    Armani is a sweetheart. She is always positive and supportive.

UMBS Go Blue likes this.
  14. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

:encore:

As soon as the others started talking about the huge home field advantage Marcus and Amani had, I knew my "prediction" was going to work.

15. rfisher

You know you probably made her kids cry. Meanie.

16. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

The home field has traditionally been a curse rather than an advantage. Amani is so sweet, she did a great job of comforting Marcus.

I'm happy for Ernie and Cindy, he seems like a really great guy and while she is pretty high strung, I can kind of relate to her.

17. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Kind of a meh episode because the teams were always so far apart. Cindy and Ernie deserved it, they ran a great race overall. Still love Marcus and Amani. And yeah, as soon as they talked about the "home team advantage", I also knew Marcus and Amani were toast.

18. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

As some of you know, my Dad's health isn't good and he had a major health crisis back in October which landed him in the hospital for three and a half weeks. Which in turn means Mom and I are about a week behind w/the Christmas stuff. We *had* to do the cards tonight or it would be too late for our US friends, so guess what I was doing at the same time as watching TAR?

Mom's actually watched about half of the Season w/me this go round, which is the most she's ever watched of TAR, and I think I've got her hooked. As I told her, you at least get a chance to see a lot of places you'd love to go to, but know will never happen. Anyway, as soon as Marcus started going on about home field advantage, I looked at her across the table and told her, "Well, they're screwed." :lol:

She didn't get it until after I explained it to her and even then Mom still didn't believe me. Until attempt #9 in trying to land the freaking simluator that is. ITA w/everyone about Amani. What an amazing and supportive lady she is. Their kids are lucky to have both Parents, as both came across as just really great people during the length of the race.

I don't have a problem w/Ernie and Cindy winning, as even though Cindy is w/out a doubt "high strung", she never did cross over into the "I want this person off my TV NOW!!" territory. I did have to laugh at Mom's reaction though when I explained who it was approaching Phil first (Her central vision is far worse than mine and at a distance, no way she could see who it was, as it was all a blur to her), the reactions went something like this...

ROTFLOL!!!

While I really was pulling for Marcus and Amani, I don't have a problem w/Ernie and Cindy pulling it off and would have been okay w/the Invisilables winning it too. It's pretty rare where the Final Three for TAR are all teams I like, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts for this very short period of time. :D

When's the next season start? February sometime right?

19. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Marcus that he had so much trouble with the flight simulator. OTOH, though, it seems like he's a lucky guy to have Amani.

Out of the final three, Cindy and Ernie had run the best race overall, so I'm fine with them winning. (Plus, I picked them to win.) Cindy at least knows how high strung she is. Ernie is a good counter to her. They remind me very much of a couple I know who really want to do the Amazing Race.

20. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

That was horrible editing, you just knew they were going to loose at the start of the show.

I was hoping for the Invisibles because I´m still not over C/E getting lucky last episode at the expense of the boarders:D

21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:) I really enjoyed this finale, despite the lack of closeness (nee "drama"). Very well laid out ... the map challenge was very cool if not very hard (anyone who raced the race should know that simple order) ... and Atlanta looked lovely. If not for Marcus' OMFG horrible piloting (well, landing mostly) skills and bad advice from a passerby for the Invisibles, it coulda been an excellent race-to-the-finish.

I fully expected Ernie and Cindy to win, esp. since God's Bros went out last leg. (LOL at ErCindy giving the boys props, while contemplating losing to the "C" students.) Was surprised when so many of you in the Suicide game did not pick ErCindy.

That was one friendly, genuine-looking big bath mat gathering! All season long you could tell that there was more friendliness among this crew of racers. Nice. I really liked hairy Boarder's final words about the amazing opportunity God had given them to race. :) I think we'll see both the Boarders and Team NFL on the next All-Stars season.

Marcus called Amani smarter than Peyton Manning, there at the end. ("smarter than any quarterback I've played with ..." :drama: Sure she's smart, but my man #18 is genius smart. :p

22. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Deer of Doom? :confused: :shuffle:

That was kind of a let down episode for a finale. I wanted Team NFL to win, but you knew as soon as they started all the "homefield advantage" talk that meant they were toast. And then the Invisibles going to the wrong place and spending so much time there, kinda saw it coming they would never catch up and Ernie and Cindy get the win. And once they left the flight sims (way cool by the way ... are normal people like us allowed to do that??), they never saw each other again at either challenge.

Does anyone know how far behind time-wise 2nd and 3rd place finished? Did Team NFL even do the puzzle challenge, or were they so far behind they just gave them a clue to send them straight to the bath mat (all edited of course)?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  23. rfisher

Prancer

24. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Bummed that Amani and Marcus did not win, but Cindy and Ernie did race well throughout the whole race and deserve their win.

I too am wondering if NFL did the map challenge - they would have been fun to watch.

With all the bickering couples, I really enjoyed seeing a mature, happily married team that functioned well and truly love and respect each other - and we saw it times 2 this season with NFL and the older couple. I hope NFL gets another chance on this show.

25. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

If I had any say, I would think that 3 teams would be in the pool of potential returnees for an upcoming All Stars edition (if there is one)... NFL, the snowboarders, and Bill & Cathi.

Ernie & Cindy were excellent racers, but I would be surprised to see a winning team on the show again. I think Uchenna & Joyce were only brought back because they wanted the rivalry drama with Romber.

The Invisibles were too invisible (heh) to be asked back, I think, although for a dating couple they definitely were way up on the List of Tolerability compared to some of the other demons we've had in past seasons.

26. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

:cheer: Sooooo happy that Ernie and Cindy won! For the first time in many, many seasons, my favorite team won. :cheer2:

27. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they called it "All Stars". All stars, to me, means a race between the previous winners, not a race between some of the winners and a bunch of bridesmaids. I think calling the last one "Unfinished Business" made much more sense.

But.... I digress. I'm happy for the winners, even though I hoped NFL would somehow pull it off. I miss my Amazing Race!!!

28. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Wow. Er/Cin had an uber. Who knew?

29. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

A friend and I were going through former teams that would have the biggest potential for epic meltdowns during the final map challenge.. here's what we came up with.

Nick & Vicki - who not only think London is a country, but I'm sure would have a swell time locating it on a map.
    Laurence & Zac - with Laurence standing on the ground commenting on how he could have done it so much faster.
    Dan & Andrew - they could barely march (heh) their way out of a paper bag, they're basically lucky they made it around the world.
    Colin & Christie - my map is broken! This is bullshit!
    Pageant Queen Caite - 3rd-world countries, such as South Africa, the Iraq, everywhere like such-as... her boyfriend was no prize either.

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Reviving this thread to post a cute video of Phil dancing with Gombey Dancers in Bermuda at an MS fundraiser. (he tweeted the link):