The Amazing Race April 8 -- I Didn't Make Her Cry

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Apr 9, 2012.

1. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

The episode reminded me how amazing it was to be on safari in Kenya.

I got to jump with Masai, too- whee! Not fun a minute, but it was damn fun even if my jumping sucks. :lol:

I, too, figured it was non-elim when they were building tents. Was disappointed when Bopper and Mark didn't have the shower working because I'd have loved for them to come in first just once.

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Vanessa is one of my top 20 favorite all-time Racers. Her continual one-liners and Ralph's "gentle backhand" way of dealing with her drama make me LMAO despite myself. And, anyone making Red Rachel cry absolutely has my heart. Rachel's self pity and very weird combination of arrogance-overload and zero self-confidence is 30% fascinating ... and 70% :scream:

I'd really really like to thank Bopper & Pukey for their presence this season. Without their lightness and joy breaking up the sometimes heavy drama (also: thanks to the editors for expertly sprinkling in Kentucky's funny bits) ...

... the 2nd half of this season would be :yikes: :drama: :slinkaway (everybody but LadyGents) and :yawn: (LadyGents ... though they finally showed some promise with their joke about showering together).

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Beefy, we will never find common ground about Angel (sk8er1964: Angel = Vanessa. Ralph only calls her Angel, and not in a "pet name" way, so for the longest time I thought that was her real name). She certainly THINKS her one-liners are hilarious....I'm guessing she spends all her down time coming up with them and waiting to get to use them. I can't stand Rachel and the fact that this chick makes me side with and even agree with Rachel is more infuriating than just her (Angel's) smug face. But I still lurve you xoxo. And I agree with your assessment of Rachel.

LadyGents have been so underwhelming :( Silly to let the law enforcement lingo trip them up with the Keystone Kops, but how simple would it have been to say "my dad/brother/ex-boyfriend/husband/best friend is a cop and they talk about that stuff all the time"? Then again, extended bouts of little or no sleep don't make for the best thinking. Good for them for not letting Border Patrol drag them into the slagfest.

And what's up with BP being all "we just try to stay away from all that drama :saint:" at the bathmat after all their attempts to "stir the pot", as they put it?

We've had a couple of seasons where the teams were either all or mostly likeable, so I'm not sure if this season's teams are really bad, or we're just not used to seeing people that we want to fail.

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Off topic, but having heard discussion on this for the past week, I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not like their aren't any women's only clubs out there, or other clubs just for men, so why the focus on this one?

5. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

:rofl: I don't know if that will be the best laugh I'll have all week, but I'm sure it will be memorable for my co-workers.

My local CBS affiliate has had broadcast problems or something the last few weeks. The picture has been so terrible that it ruins my enjoyment of watching. I'm going to have to go online and watch so I can see re-live some of Kentucky's funnier moments and the big fight.

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Haha. genevieve being the one "wishing" for it makes it even :rofl: better.

OTOH, I don't think that anyone, especially Bopper and Mark, would want to be witness to that scenario. :lol:

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  7. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I laughed at Vanessa's suggestion to Rachel that she needed a nose job before having her breasts done. Guess Rachel hasn't informed these folks of her breast enlargements the way she bragged on them on BB. I tho't this episode clearly showed what type of people Brenchel are & why they are disliked by so many.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Normally people like "Angel" would irk me to no end, but I find her refreshing after listening to Rachel whine on and on. Usually, no matter how irritating I find a team, I can put that aside and cheer them on if they are good racers. I know Brenchel are good, but I just can't stop wishing for their elimination.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Loved the Masai people.
    They seemed genuinely pleased to share their culture with the visitors.

I don't know who I'm rooting for.

10. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Every other season I'd be bitching about Vanessa & Ralph, but the way they can control Rachel's temper is way too beyond :rofl: for me to hate them.

Brendan is such an assnozzle.

11. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

I assumed courtship was a much further drive/greater chance of getting lost.