The Amazing Race April 8 -- I Didn't Make Her Cry

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Apr 9, 2012.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

2. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

All because of a golf tournament at a club where only men can be members. :mad:

Okay, off my soapbox for now. :shuffle:
  3. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

4. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

6. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Beautiful building! My optometrist's office is in there, although you can't see it in this shot. Of course, it doesn't look exactly like that every day.

Interesting to see which other teams made it to the wedding!
  7. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Here she is
    :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
  8. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

HAHA! This arguement happened the first season "How could I bump into you if I was in front of you."

The amazing race is repeating itself!
  9. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

So on the courtship thing, all you have to do is jump for a minute? Why would anyone do the throwing thingy? What did I miss?
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I was wondering.

:rofl: at one of the redneck guys grinning and jumping, blowing kisses as they left.
  11. Skittl1321

The instructions must not mention it is only a minute. They showed the clue, but I can't freeze my screen, so I wasn't sure if the full description were shown to us.

Phil made it sound like "altitude" would make it tough- but wouldn't that make the throwing tough too.

Also- Vanessa on the bike is cracking me up. Anyone else I would feel bad, but I do not like her.
  12. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Phil tweeted that it was hard jumping at that altitude. I'd still pick it over the throwing though.

Glad to be in Canada this week where CTV aired the episode on time. :)

Tanzania was gorgeous btw!
  13. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

My :EVILLE: boot camp instructor says you can do anything for a minute.
  14. Skittl1321

Rachel was singing/shouting while she was jumping. If it was THAT hard, she wouldn't have been able to do that.

Perceived exertion tests always do sing/long conversation/short conversation/talking/short of breath/barely breathe/out of breath.

The way they were all finishing it, I wouldn't even put it in the middle of that spectrum.
  15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Rachel and Dave go than Vanessa and Ralph. :scream:
  16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita, i feel like i've disliked brenchel for so long, it's like we're related
  17. Skittl1321

Listening to the federal agents whine about how weak they are because they are just women is ridiculous. Do you not need any sort of physical training to be in law enforcement?
  18. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

I would have done the same thing as those federal agent girls. It's not so often that you'd see elephants in the wild. I would have stopped knowing I was in last place. What's there to loose but to see wild elephants!
  19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Sooooooooooo, I missed the last 15 min. of the episode -- who was eliminated this week?
  20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

non elim. leg -- Nary/Jaime were last

I don't know if I need to put in black, but ...
  21. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Me too! :D
  22. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

It feels like it's been for-frickin-ever since we've had a new episode, so I was super glad for tonight's episode. The fact that it was in Africa was an added bonus. Every time they go there it makes me want to go back :swoon:

Airport drama... different than the 'scheming' drama from the early seasons... this was just hilarious to watch :rofl: I loved Rachel's faces with each insult Vanessa doled out. If I was traveling through Nairobi at that time I would have grabbed a seat and :watch: had myself a great afternoon watching all of that.

Jumping for 1 minute? :rolleyes: I know it's at altitude, but if Pukey could make it through, everyone could.

I figured it was NEL once they had them constructing a tent in which they'd sleep in for the night. That looked like a super complicated set up.
  23. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Thoughts:

-Airport drama wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
    -LadyGents STILL won't admit they are...you know LadyGents?? Come on!!
    -When Jamie told us her "I accidentally shot my leg and Nary was with me the whole time" story, I knew they were toast (and since they were my pick for this week, I almost panicked).
    -Detour: I'd choose Courtship ANY day. I'm very bouncy (some people say)...wait, that didn't come out right
    -I knew it was a non-elim as soon as they were told to build a tent
    -Mark's "Don't fart on me Bop" had me :rofl: for a while. Still does :rofl:
    -What else? Oh, Tanzania is gorgeous.

For next week: I wonder which team(s) will be double U-turned?? Brenchel Rachel said "shocker" in a sarcastic tone which could mean:
    a) THEY were U-turned by another team (which could be anyone, since they don't seem to get along with anyone), or
    b) they U-TURN another team...that team being Ralph and Vanessa (because they hate them).
    We'll see what happens :)
  24. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

To be fair, they never said they were "weak" and they didn't look weak. But, it did help to have both height and upper body strength in that task. And, realistically, most of the other teams did have at least one guy who had that advantage.

I'm glad it was a NEL leg because there are other teams I'd prefer to see go before the "teachers."
  25. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I fecking hate Angel - she is just a vile person. Thank you TAR editors for giving me the schaudenfreude I so desperately needed with the endless bike crashes :lol:

Of course, I despise AJ and Whatsisname too, and there's two of them so maybe I hate them twice as much.

Pretty obvious this was going to be an NEL, so I'm kinda glad it wasn't Angel saved. But dayum the She-Feds make me :yikes: I'm glad they stopped to watch the elephants though. What an incredible moment :cool:

I wish Mark and Bopper had had their shower together. It would have been nice to have a new team come in first.
  26. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

:wideeyes: ;)

Change of subject: This was actually one of my favorite episodes in awhile. And I'm not even sure why! :lol:
  27. genevieve

oh PML!!!! :rofl: er, freudian slip?? :slinkaway: :lol:

seriously though, I DON'T have any desire to see that
  28. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

29. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Since we watched Dr. Gates' latest Genelogy series on PBS, and I'd missed fifteen minutes due to my sister and bil leaving after Easter Supper, I decided to catch tonight on HD in the rec room on Seattle CBS and...

So very glad I did. Tanzania is one drop dead gorgeous piece of this planet. Count another who would have also stopped to see the elephants. Good for them!! I also didn't get any "whining" from them when putting up the tent and shower. Just stating the obvious that due to the other teams all having at least one guy, they had a wee bit of an easier time of getting the thing up.

Still loving Mark and Bopper and the "Don't fart Bop!!" line nearly had me falling out of the chair I was LOL so hard. Loved them at the Courtship thing and they were just so into it, couldn't help but grin watching them. Also for someone who has Slavery just a couple of generations back in their Family History, I can't even imagine what being able to just go to any part of Africa period, would mean to that person. What a really special moment for the both of them.

Is it just me or does there seem to be more teams to not cheer for in the home stretch this go round than in previous Seasons past?
  30. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Angel? Is that Rachel or Vanessa?
  31. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

The episode reminded me how amazing it was to be on safari in Kenya.

I got to jump with Masai, too- whee! Not fun a minute, but it was damn fun even if my jumping sucks. :lol:

I, too, figured it was non-elim when they were building tents. Was disappointed when Bopper and Mark didn't have the shower working because I'd have loved for them to come in first just once.
  32. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Vanessa is one of my top 20 favorite all-time Racers. Her continual one-liners and Ralph's "gentle backhand" way of dealing with her drama make me LMAO despite myself. And, anyone making Red Rachel cry absolutely has my heart. Rachel's self pity and very weird combination of arrogance-overload and zero self-confidence is 30% fascinating ... and 70% :scream:

I'd really really like to thank Bopper & Pukey for their presence this season. Without their lightness and joy breaking up the sometimes heavy drama (also: thanks to the editors for expertly sprinkling in Kentucky's funny bits) ...

... the 2nd half of this season would be :yikes: :drama: :slinkaway (everybody but LadyGents) and :yawn: (LadyGents ... though they finally showed some promise with their joke about showering together).
    shan and (deleted member) like this.
  33. genevieve

Beefy, we will never find common ground about Angel (sk8er1964: Angel = Vanessa. Ralph only calls her Angel, and not in a "pet name" way, so for the longest time I thought that was her real name). She certainly THINKS her one-liners are hilarious....I'm guessing she spends all her down time coming up with them and waiting to get to use them. I can't stand Rachel and the fact that this chick makes me side with and even agree with Rachel is more infuriating than just her (Angel's) smug face. But I still lurve you xoxo. And I agree with your assessment of Rachel.

LadyGents have been so underwhelming :( Silly to let the law enforcement lingo trip them up with the Keystone Kops, but how simple would it have been to say "my dad/brother/ex-boyfriend/husband/best friend is a cop and they talk about that stuff all the time"? Then again, extended bouts of little or no sleep don't make for the best thinking. Good for them for not letting Border Patrol drag them into the slagfest.

And what's up with BP being all "we just try to stay away from all that drama :saint:" at the bathmat after all their attempts to "stir the pot", as they put it?

We've had a couple of seasons where the teams were either all or mostly likeable, so I'm not sure if this season's teams are really bad, or we're just not used to seeing people that we want to fail.
  34. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Off topic, but having heard discussion on this for the past week, I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's not like their aren't any women's only clubs out there, or other clubs just for men, so why the focus on this one?
  35. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

:rofl: I don't know if that will be the best laugh I'll have all week, but I'm sure it will be memorable for my co-workers.

My local CBS affiliate has had broadcast problems or something the last few weeks. The picture has been so terrible that it ruins my enjoyment of watching. I'm going to have to go online and watch so I can see re-live some of Kentucky's funnier moments and the big fight.
  36. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Haha. genevieve being the one "wishing" for it makes it even :rofl: better.

OTOH, I don't think that anyone, especially Bopper and Mark, would want to be witness to that scenario. :lol:
    genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  37. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I laughed at Vanessa's suggestion to Rachel that she needed a nose job before having her breasts done. Guess Rachel hasn't informed these folks of her breast enlargements the way she bragged on them on BB. I tho't this episode clearly showed what type of people Brenchel are & why they are disliked by so many.
  38. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Normally people like "Angel" would irk me to no end, but I find her refreshing after listening to Rachel whine on and on. Usually, no matter how irritating I find a team, I can put that aside and cheer them on if they are good racers. I know Brenchel are good, but I just can't stop wishing for their elimination.
  39. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Loved the Masai people.
    They seemed genuinely pleased to share their culture with the visitors.

I don't know who I'm rooting for.
  40. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Every other season I'd be bitching about Vanessa & Ralph, but the way they can control Rachel's temper is way too beyond :rofl: for me to hate them.

Brendan is such an assnozzle.