The Amazing Race April 29-- I Need Hair to Be Pretty

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

On time where I live!!

I so hope KY can pull through.
  2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Will Rachel shave her head? I'm guessing no. :watch:
  3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Ooh we get to head shaving very quickly. Rachel crying over $500 extensions is :rolleyes:

So worried about KY...
  4. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I hope Bopper and Mark try for the fast forward and don't think that someone else must have done it already
  5. PrincessLeppard

I hope they do as well.

eta: Joyce was "thin and pretty"? She was cute, and looked great bald, but she has the same build as Rachel, iirc. In other words, neither of them is fat.
  6. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Yes - At this point I don't see any other way for them to stay in the game.
  7. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Rachel has very low self esteem. It was clearly more than the extensions...

I hope bopper and Mark go for it, but I think it is unlikely.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

If they get the fast forward, do they have to still complete the extra task (from being the last team at the NEL)?
  9. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I would totally love to ride the elephant!
  10. PrincessLeppard

I realize animal tasks are often unreliable, but these tasks seem uneven. I wonder how far behind BPA really are
  11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That box packing task looks brutal...

I'm afraid that KY is just too far behind. Love the tiger painting.
  12. Skittl1321

Yay! Kentucky is going for ff. I thouht they would assume it was taken. I worry they are still too far behind and will be the 2nd ff team to be eliminated in tar history. Here's hoping though...
  13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Why didn't BPA go for the FF when they realized that Brenchel had not completed it? Didn't they know just how far behind KY was?
  14. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

If Bopper and Mark can't take this now they had absolutely zero chance to begin with. Ugh. Fingers crossed!
  15. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:( I don't want to watch tonight, then.

But, last ditch bargaining ... :watch: I volunteer to fall on my Suicide game sword if BPA can get lost and fall behind KY.
  16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:rofl: I can't wait to hear Rachel say the episode title.

But, er, Rachel -- :shuffle: sorry, girl, you can't look much worse. Bald may be your most beautiful "look" ... guess you'll never know now.
  17. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Argh, tell me easterners, what's happening?!!!
  18. PrincessLeppard

BPA and KY still racing. KY just finished FF. Have no idea how far behind they are.

ETA: Damn. BPA hits the mat first.
  19. Skittl1321

Thought they already did one. Vanessa could have gone, but with b/r failing (and not telling them what it was) wouldn't you assume it was too hard.
  20. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Awwwww poor Bopper and Mark. They were just too far behind. I so hoped they'd make it. I really hope they get asked back for an all-stars race.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:mad: How close?
  22. Skittl1321

B/m out. They were such a likeable team...but WAY behind starting the leg.

Think we will have to wait for interviews, no way too know how close.
  23. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I bet they were even further behind than the editing made it seem; there was just no way for them to catch up. At least they did the FF and did all they could. :wuzrobbed
  24. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

:( They should so be shoe-ins for the next All-Stars at least.
  25. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Edited to keep other unspoiled...
  26. PrincessLeppard

ZOMG. Who is going to eff up next week? Hit the million dollar mat and have to GO BACK???? Damn.

And I'm gonna miss it. :wuzrobbed
  27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

It looks very :watch: Sorry for you!

Didn't BPA compete and lose a FF or was that a different team?

Beefcake :wuzrobbed for KY, appreciate your potential sacrifice though.

I like Bopper with a shaved head! And that explains why there was no interview with them throughout the show. I wondered about that.
  28. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Me too!! Of all times to have an Amazing Race conflict! I was sure there would be another week! :wuzrobbed

Although, actually, I don't like any of these remaining teams all that much ... so maybe it's not such a disaster on second thought. :shuffle:
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Me neither, but I can't wait to see who screws up and has to leave the mat to finish the task. :watch:
  30. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I'm just watching now...I can totally understand not wanting to shave your head, as I don't think I'd be able to do it. But of all the reasons to not shave your head, "I just paid $500 for extensions" is one of the stupidest, especially when the person saying it has previously won a million dollars. I have to say, I think I'd be a lot less attached to extensions given that they're fake.
  31. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

She could have bought a lot of extensions with $10,000, even if she didn't win the million overall.

I would have done it in a heartbeat, but I don't care what my hair looks like. It grows back. Get a hat and go on!

PML at Vanessa and Rachel "making up." The sincerity just oozed off the screen, didn't it?

Seeing Uchenna and Joyce was rather sad. There's a thread on Sucks about TAR couples who are still together and not, and Uchenna and Joyce are one of the few who have split.
  32. PrincessLeppard

Aw, that does suck.

Phil tweeted that he was talking with Rachel and Vanessa at mat for 40 minutes. Wonder how far behind BPA are?
  33. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I had to PML at that one!
  34. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

From what I think I saw, Rachel & Dave left the pit stop just after 6:30 a.m. while Bopper & Mark left just after 10:30 a.m.

I'm so glad the finale is next week as I was afraid I was going to miss it!
  35. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Once the episode has aired anywhere, it's okay to discuss anything that's been aired.

Man, I so wanted Bopper & Mark to catch up to BPA :( Love their awesome attitudes to the very end.

elephants were so the way to go. and I love that BPA had to macho it out and do the other task :lol:

:wall: I will never understand women's freakout over shaving their heads in a race of this type. Fer god's sake, it'll grow back! And if most of it is fake, who cares anyway?!?!

Shocker: Vanessa is a complete bitch.
  36. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: At the thought of any of these pairs running up to the giant bath mat ... everyone cheering, just Phil up there on the mat ... thinking they've won. But, natch! Go back and finish. Most perfect is that the would-be winning pair is Brenchel, and that it's Vanessa who they pass as they leave the giant bath mat to go complete the task.

I love Vanessa even more after her shit stirring at the pit stop. Hey, it's not her fault -- Phil asked her about "would be" penalties. Girl was just answering. :saint:
  37. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed for Mark and Bopper!! I was so hoping they could eek this one out but really, if you figured the time in your head, there was no way they would ever catch up. They were 3 hours behind Border Patrol to start ... there was just no way to catch up. Maybe if they didn't have to do the Speed Bump they coulda pulled it out. That probably took a good 30 minutes to do. :wuzrobbed

Any articles out there about exactly how far behind Mark and Bopper checked in? Just wondering if they ended up making up any of that 3 hours.

Good gawd Rachel, why all the :drama: over the damn head shaving. Just make a decision and go, don't stand there and whine about it for 10 minutes! If I was in the race, here would be my reactions in learning I had to shave my head: 1) dude just do it! It will grow back, we'll get 1st place and a prize, and I won't have to worry about trying to get my hair washed during pit stops! Second reaction: 2) uhm, no friggin' way. let's go ain't gonna do it. BOOM I would be outta there. I would not stand there and be a big crying whining assed baby about. Just say NO and GO! :p

Oh how I hope it is Brenchel who shows up at the mat and thinks they have won only to find out they didn't, and then someone else wins!! And pplluueezzeee let it be Rachel who screwed something up! Good lord how many times do we have to go over this ...... Read.The.Friggin.Clue!! I'm guessing it must have something to do with not reading a clue correctly.

Man I can't wait for next week! Although I really don't give a crap about who wins now since I really don't like any of them that are left, I just want to see the drama of the million dollar screw up. I just hope Brenchel finishes 4th.
  38. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'll miss Mark and Bopper.

I hope that they have opportunities/offers at home as a result of the show.
    Their attitude about the TAR experience is refreshing and wonderful.
  39. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Point of technicality: the prize for winning Big Brother is half a million dollars.
    smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  40. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

I like Vanessa too but I dislike BB Rachel even more. What a poor excuse for an adult woman she is. Can you imagine her pregnant? I so hope she & her consort are the ones who screw up the finale but so long as they don't win, I don't care who screws up.